Some GOP Senators Need To Be Given Credit

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Energy Department Releases Ukraine Documents to American Oversight - American Oversight

Some GOP Senators need to be given credit for the work they have done on behalf of Ukraine and the US honoring our commitments...So why they are pretending that they haven't done this work (which was to catch Trump in the act of ILLEGALLY withholding congressionally approved aid) is beyond me -- maybe they aren't as brave when the spotlight is on and Trump world is watching...Maybe it's much easier to be principled when that Trumper republican base isn't watching...

"On Tuesday evening, the Department of Energy released 139 pages of records in response to American Oversight’s Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking documents regarding the Trump administration’s Ukraine pressure campaign. These are the first impeachment-related documents publicly released by the Department of Energy. 'As opening arguments in the impeachment trial come to a close, new evidence continues to emerge almost every day. Tonight marks the first time the public, or Congress, have seen documents from the Department of Energy, despite Secretary Rick Perry’s reported membership in the ‘three amigos’ running the president’s Ukraine scheme. Even in these pages there are clear lines of inquiry that the Senate should follow and names of witnesses to call.”

This is why Mitch needs to do his job and hurry up and get this trial over with BEFORE more and more evidence comes out -- we gotta get this thing put to bed before pressure starts to build and people may start paying attention and demand to hear witnesses or something -- and that is not what America is about!

However, I don't see why Rob Portman or Rob Johnson are not patting themselves on the back for getting the Ukrainian aid released -- once they found out Trump was withholding it -- (due to his Ukrainian shakedown scheme that Republicans pretend didn't happen, even though they admit it did happen, but who cares, what about Hillary's emails??) -- Portman even joined in with diabolical Dems like Dick Durbin in pressuring the White House to release the aid.

“I was concerned as we got into September that the funding had not been delivered yet, so I started asking people all through the administration, and we were informed by the Ukrainian community in Ohio about it, and their concern about it,” Portman told reporters."

Now Rob, even your own constituents knew that Trump was holding up aid -- and you didn't tell them it was fake news --- you got together with the Dems and put pressure on the Trump admin to get that aid released and you got it done -- you should be proud of that -- even if it proves that Trump indeed withheld aid in exchange for investigating his political opponent -- which is perfectly legal and OK for a president to do as long as that president hates the same minorities you hate...

#MAGA

upload_2020-1-29_6-24-23.png

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many Republican lawmakers have decided not to run for re-election in November. No matter how committed to a party a person may be, everyone has a line that they're just not willing to cross, and pledging loyalty to this man is a bridge too far for some. At some point, you have to look in the mirror, and being called a RINO pales in comparison to what they would think of themselves.

Last edited:
"However, I don't see why Rob Portman or Rob Johnson are not patting themselves on the back for getting the Ukrainian aid released -- once they found out Trump was withholding it - "

People not living in a bubble know that these Senators spoke with the President about the need to investigate corruption in the new Ukraine Govt and how that factored into the need to release the aid to Ukraine to defend itself as the blankets that the previous admin, had provided were insufficient.

Senate Ukraine Caucus - Wikipedia
Senators Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Rob Portman (R-OH) are the caucus' two Co-Chairs. Senators Chris Murphy (D-CT), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), and Ron Johnson (R-WI) are the caucus' Vice-Chairs.[3]

The Senate Ukraine Caucus consists of 16 senators (9 Democrats and 7 Republicans):[4]

they are knew the aid was held up on 9-3-19

"However, I don't see why Rob Portman or Rob Johnson are not patting themselves on the back for getting the Ukrainian aid released -- once they found out Trump was withholding it - "

People not living in a bubble know that these Senators spoke with the President about the need to investigate corruption in the new Ukraine Govt and how that factored into the need to release the aid to Ukraine to defend itself as the blankets that the previous admin, had provided were insufficient.

You know Obama sent men to train them in Ukraine, along with many military aids. So you admit tramp was holding up the aid, and it was not due to corruption.
9 Democrats are on the Ukraine Caucus.

You know Obama sent men to train them in Ukraine, along with many military aids. So you admit tramp was holding up the aid, and it was not due to corruption.
9 Democrats are on the Ukraine Caucus.

It was due to corruption - and was done so in compliance with a treaty that we have with Ukraine.

We gotta be there for deranged democrats they are fellow Americans,, let’s all say a prayer as they go they 9 years of a temper tantrum lol

I don't think it's a coincidence that so many Republican lawmakers have decided not to run for re-election in November. No matter how committed to a party a person may be, everyone has a line that they're just not willing to cross, and pledging loyalty to this man is a bridge too far for some. At some point, you have to look in the mirror, and being called a RINO pales in comparison to what they would think of themselves.

I think you give politicians way too much credit. Most politicians will seek re-election if they think they will win. It’s a pretty safe bet that if they don’t run, it’s because they can’t win. That’s how scum thinks.

That aint why they pressured Trump to release the aid.....but you keep on pretending

That aint why they pressured Trump to release the aid.....but you keep on pretending
We are here for you

We gotta be there for deranged democrats they are fellow Americans,, let’s all say a prayer as they go they 9 years of a temper tantrum lol
that 8 year temper tantrum yall went thru must have really sucked with this type of track record....

Maybe that is why you folks keep his dic in yo mouth 4 years later...which makes it a 12 year temper tantum actually...

62328018_2504940826183022_1441944031641731072_n.jpg

that 8 year temper tantrum yall went thru must have really sucked with this type of track record....

Maybe that is why you folks keep his dic in yo mouth 4 years later...which makes it a 12 year temper tantum actually...

View attachment 303176
lol you showed a pic that proves your deranged lol hahah

MSDNC AND CNN both lead their news hour with trump not the hundreds dying of a virus spreading like wildfire fire.. DERANGED LOL

Energy Department Releases Ukraine Documents to American Oversight - American Oversight

Some GOP Senators need to be given credit for the work they have done on behalf of Ukraine and the US honoring our commitments...So why they are pretending that they haven't done this work (which was to catch Trump in the act of ILLEGALLY withholding congressionally approved aid) is beyond me -- maybe they aren't as brave when the spotlight is on and Trump world is watching...Maybe it's much easier to be principled when that Trumper republican base isn't watching...

"On Tuesday evening, the Department of Energy released 139 pages of records in response to American Oversight’s Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking documents regarding the Trump administration’s Ukraine pressure campaign. These are the first impeachment-related documents publicly released by the Department of Energy. 'As opening arguments in the impeachment trial come to a close, new evidence continues to emerge almost every day. Tonight marks the first time the public, or Congress, have seen documents from the Department of Energy, despite Secretary Rick Perry’s reported membership in the ‘three amigos’ running the president’s Ukraine scheme. Even in these pages there are clear lines of inquiry that the Senate should follow and names of witnesses to call.”

This is why Mitch needs to do his job and hurry up and get this trial over with BEFORE more and more evidence comes out -- we gotta get this thing put to bed before pressure starts to build and people may start paying attention and demand to hear witnesses or something -- and that is not what America is about!

However, I don't see why Rob Portman or Rob Johnson are not patting themselves on the back for getting the Ukrainian aid released -- once they found out Trump was withholding it -- (due to his Ukrainian shakedown scheme that Republicans pretend didn't happen, even though they admit it did happen, but who cares, what about Hillary's emails??) -- Portman even joined in with diabolical Dems like Dick Durbin in pressuring the White House to release the aid.

“I was concerned as we got into September that the funding had not been delivered yet, so I started asking people all through the administration, and we were informed by the Ukrainian community in Ohio about it, and their concern about it,” Portman told reporters."

Now Rob, even your own constituents knew that Trump was holding up aid -- and you didn't tell them it was fake news --- you got together with the Dems and put pressure on the Trump admin to get that aid released and you got it done -- you should be proud of that -- even if it proves that Trump indeed withheld aid in exchange for investigating his political opponent -- which is perfectly legal and OK for a president to do as long as that president hates the same minorities you hate...

#MAGA

Do you know how many times aid was held back by other presidents? And the fact aid to Ukraine was held up was not the only time aid was held by this president, but those don’t count in your world, even though it was for the same reasons, to make certain corruption would not be involved.

Marc Thiessen: US foreign aid to Ukraine and elsewhere often comes with strings attached – a quid pro quo
As Kurt Volker, the former U.S. envoy to Ukraine, explained in his sworn deposition before the House Intelligence Committee, the Ukrainians did not know that the aid was being held up until more than up a month after Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky (during which Trump never mentioned the aid was on hold).

"They became aware later [that the aid was held up], but I don't believe they were aware at the time, so there was no leverage implied," Volker told the committee. If you are demanding a quid pro quo, you have to tell the country that you are holding up the quid until they deliver the quo. The Ukrainians didn't even know there was a quid.
Now, look at this, Obama sent aid to Egypt when there was a Congressional hold on it, yet no one sought to impeach him. Why?
Morsi was Muslim Brotherhood.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...fficials-say/2012/03/16/gIQAoMTeGS_story.html

Now, look at this, Obama sent aid to Egypt when there was a Congressional hold on it, yet no one sought to impeach him. Why?
Morsi was Muslim Brotherhood.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...fficials-say/2012/03/16/gIQAoMTeGS_story.html
Egypt had a miltary coup you dumb ass...and it was Congress who asked him to withhold the aid until they found out who in Egypt will be the ones facilitating power.....but I expect you dic suckers to leave the truth out in defense of your cult leader...

"Congress made aid dependent on the U.S. Secretary of State certifying that Egypt was taking certain steps to govern democratically, a delay which angered the Egyptian government."

Obama ends freeze on U.S. military aid to Egypt

Now did Obama withhold this aid in exchange for some dirt on his political opponent or no??

#MAGA

:clap: Well said. I think we're done here.

Forum List

Back