Social Security Will Be Insolvent in 10 Years

Yes, force. That's what you're for, by stripping women of their sovereignty over their uteruses, preventing them by force of arms (legal government mandate, enforced by law enforcement), from ending their pregnancies early in gestation. They have to do it in a back alley with a coat hanger or travel to another state, spending thousands of dollars. You shouldn't have the right to force women to remain pregnant.

Right, like forcing a woman to not kill her 6-year-old.

Social security was initially an attempt at preparing working people for their future, and I think there is a different future in mind now.

Social security has been the biggest factor in making america exceptional. Take it away and take the exceptional label away.

WAS THERE a time in France that you worked for life for the company you worked for?

Social Security and the Federal Reserve system are sort of Connected AT the HIP. The Law is the LAW. Ya Politicians steal from the poor and you got to give back to the POOR. Politics be dammed. It doesn't matter how much money a government prints as long as it's the end all. Sure, it's now going to be in the Cloud. ha-ha Nothing behind it but the Gross of the Economy. Which Billionaires will also come to despise cause its hard to keep that hidden forever. Pay up Archole's.

Last edited:
Congress lacks the Article I power to create a national, compulsory retirement program. The program is therefore unconstitutional according to the Tenth Amendment.

But Congress was able to dodge the USSC bullet with an interesting gambit: SS is not funded by "tax dollars." It is funded by "Payroll Taxes" which go into a virtual "trust fund," from which monthly (and other) disbursements are made. This is why your contributions to SS (FICA Tax) are not deductible under your Federal Income Taxes. Funding for SS (and Medicare) CANNOT BE COMMINGLED WITH FIT REVENUES. In that sense, the SS "crisis" has nothing to do with the budget deficit and little to do with the National Debt (depending on how you look at it).

If nothing is done to change the Payroll Taxes and disbursement schedule, the SS Trust Fund will be depleted within a few years - I haven't checked the math recently. But it's nothing to worry about. Congresspersons know that (a) old bastards vote, and (b) if you fuck with their SS checks, you will die (politically) faster than you can say, "What the FUCK?"

So Congress will presently sit down in a dark, private, "smoke-filled room." and sort it out. The maximum income that is subject to FICA tax will certainly increase, and the cap might be eliminated altogether. It is possible but not likely that the Employer's contribution to SS will increase a bit. It is likely that the retirement age(s) will be incrementally increased. Don't be surprised if you have to wait until age 70 before you get "full" SS benefits. Don't be surprised if the "retire at 62" option goes away. The formula for the annual COLA might change. It is possible that SS will be partly "means tested," which is to say that if you have millions in assets or other retirement income, your cost of living increases may be frozen for a time.

But regardless, NOBODY's CHECKS WILL BE REDUCED. Anybody who tries to tell you that "SS will be reduced," or that "Republicans are trying to cut your SS," is a liar.

I find myself Wintering (did you know that was a verb?) in Florida, and I personally find it galling that 90% of these thousands of multi-million dollar condo's are second homes, owned by people who are drawing SS checks every month. They don't need it, and they shouldn't get it. Sorry.

Forum List

Back