Social Security, VA Healthcare Website Problems

Concerned American

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2020
In your head
This question is for any social security or VA disability recipients on the board. It does not relate to any link. Has anyone on this board experienced problems with accessing My Social Security or My HealtheVet websites? I have had problems with accessing both since about the time that the PACT act was passed. Logging in is a problem. It refuses the credentials that I post and will not allow me to access. I have tried changing my passwords and have spent over six hours on the telephone with an agent who seemed to have it straightened out on the VA site after investigating ID.me and DS.login but I experienced the same problems this a.m. after receiving an email from SS to notify me of a message that I needed to view on MySocialSecurity. Anyone else have the problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it? Help?

You have to go through Pay.Gov or ID.me to verify your identity before accessing your account.
I attempted to go through ID.me this morning and I got the same response. I used the same credentials that I set up the account with. ID.me said I should change my password, but when I tried, the site said I would have to have one of a variety of ways to verify my identity including a "bio info" or video chat. I would rather quit doing any of this on line than to have something that intrusive.

This question is for any social security or VA disability recipients on the board. It does not relate to any link. Has anyone on this board experienced problems with accessing My Social Security or My HealtheVet websites? I have had problems with accessing both since about the time that the PACT act was passed. Logging in is a problem. It refuses the credentials that I post and will not allow me to access. I have tried changing my passwords and have spent over six hours on the telephone with an agent who seemed to have it straightened out on the VA site after investigating ID.me and DS.login but I experienced the same problems this a.m. after receiving an email from SS to notify me of a message that I needed to view on MySocialSecurity. Anyone else have the problem? If so, what did you do to resolve it? Help?
I was on them two days ago and had no problemos.

Forum List

Back