So the SJWs now Condemn History as Hate Speech? OMG

All that is wrong with the study of history is that the voices of those who actually experienced it are not included. Voices of those who were enslaved in the U.S. (at least we have some preserved courtesy of the WPA projects of the 1930s) , African Americans living in fear of the KKK, women who experienced repeated pregnancies that they did not want, and or beatings, soldiers in trenches in WWI ducking mustard gas, Jews hunted down by nazies and trying to hide their children, GIs jumping off landing craft on Omaha Beach. Germans who froze their asses off in Russia. So much more from people all over the world. What were the experiences of these people?

History must be taught by the voices of experience, not cleaned up to fit someone's narrative.
That would be a very cool class. I thank you for making me think of it.

Why would you say that? Anyone can make a video saying anything they like about history, factual or not, and put it up on Youtube. Nothing to stop them. Nothing to stop them including their biased hate in that "lecture," either.

I'm not sure why Allsop's perspective on Nazi history is so attractive to the neo-Nazi's. That's kind of interesting. I'm not about to go research it though.
These were run of the mill history videos that were demonetized simply because they included Nazis as the subject.

They were not advocating Nazism.

But when you are going with '0 tolerance,' 'historic' is the same as 'hate' much as 0 tolerance for knives makes a plastic knife is the same as a 14 inch Bowie knife.

And that is what these leftists at Utube, Google and FaceBook are doing, Zero Tolerance for opposing viewpoints and that takes out wide swaths of history, culture and more along with what they deem to be the bad as well.

All that is wrong with the study of history is that the voices of those who actually experienced it are not included. Voices of those who were enslaved in the U.S. (at least we have some preserved courtesy of the WPA projects of the 1930s) , African Americans living in fear of the KKK, women who experienced repeated pregnancies that they did not want, and or beatings, soldiers in trenches in WWI ducking mustard gas, Jews hunted down by nazies and trying to hide their children, GIs jumping off landing craft on Omaha Beach. Germans who froze their asses off in Russia. So much more from people all over the world. What were the experiences of these people?

History must be taught by the voices of experience, not cleaned up to fit someone's narrative.

Are you claiming white people weren't scared of the Klan, bitch? They killed just as many whites as blacks, dumbass. My grandma almost killed 3 of them because they were going to hang her father.

Why would you say that? Anyone can make a video saying anything they like about history, factual or not, and put it up on Youtube. Nothing to stop them. Nothing to stop them including their biased hate in that "lecture," either.

I'm not sure why Allsop's perspective on Nazi history is so attractive to the neo-Nazi's. That's kind of interesting. I'm not about to go research it though.
These were run of the mill history videos that were demonetized simply because they included Nazis as the subject.

But when you are going with '0 tolerance,' 'historic' is the same as 'hate' much as 0 tolerance for knives makes a plastic knife is the same as a 14 inch Bowie knife.

And that is what these leftists at Utube, Google and FaceBook are doing, Zero Tolerance for opposing viewpoints and that takes out wide swaths of history, culture and more along with what they deem to be the bad as well.
I just Google searched the word "Nazis" and got two hundred and fifteen million hits. Is that what they call taking out wide swaths of history, Jim?

Before this is banned.

Let the old lady call this "hate speech."

The trans Sahara slave trade

The Barbary coast slave trade.

Ever wonder why those are not ever discussed during negro people history month?

Are those facts hate speech?

I just Google searched the word "Nazis" and got two hundred and fifteen million hits. Is that what they call taking out wide swaths of history, Jim?

Google is "book-burning" per se. I have a camera and books, though. Doh! And a tree I need to cut down. Soon..

How about this during negro people history month?

The black Confederates

Is that hate speech? Facts, but hate speech?

Keep sticking your heads in the sand left. You certainly are proud of your lies.

In *this* specific case , it is UTube deleting various videos that have Nazis in them.

While I mentioned Google as part of the monopolistic Masters of the Universe trifecta, to my knowledge they have not yet gotten around to altering their search engine to ignore said websites.

Straw Man much?

The black Confederates

Keep sticking your heads in the sand left. You certainly are proud of your lies.

Where did you get those videos, Owl?

In *this* specific case , it is UTube deleting various videos that have Nazis in them.

While I mentioned Google as part of the monopolistic Masters of the Universe trifecta, to my knowledge they have not yet gotten around to altering their search engine to ignore said websites.

Straw Man much?
Don't you start that straw man horseshit. All I did was do a Google search and tell you the honest results.
I don't even know how to go to Youtube unless I've been in there listening to a song someone put up here.

Straw Man much?
Don't you start that straw man horseshit. All I did was do a Google search and tell you the honest results.
I don't even know how to go to Youtube unless I've been in there listening to a song someone put up here.

I bet you stay signed into Google though, don't you? Do you have a "smartphone"? If you've signed into YouTube or Google on it, chances are you're still signed in.

Straw Man much?

I bet you stay signed into Google though, don't you? Do you have a "smartphone"? If you've signed into YouTube or Google on it, chances are you're still signed in.
No. I don't use a cell phone at all.

The black Confederates

Yourboobs :)

I take it that means Youtube. Which MEANS history is still available as long as it isn't recruiting for the Nazi's or the KKK.

The black Confederates

I take it that means Youtube. Which MEANS history is still available as long as it isn't recruiting for the Nazi's or the KKK.

Recruiting, or telling about? Here's something...

Holocaust Survivor: America Does Not Run Concentration Camps

This has gone war past the horizon for blitheringly stupid asinine behavior.

Good Gawd, are these people even in possession of a mind?

Report: YouTube #VoxAdpocalypse Censored Historical and Educational Videos | Breitbart

According to a recent report from The Guardian, YouTube has begun removing and demonetizing educational history videos relating to the Nazi regime and fascism following a campaign by leftist Vox journalist Carlos Maza to have offensive content about him removed from the platform. Carlos Maza recently called for conservative commentator Steven Crowder to be removed from YouTube, claiming that Crowder repeatedly directed homophobic slurs at him. Maza took to Twitter to call Crowder out and pressure YouTube to take action, claiming that despite being used to “online harassment,” Crowder had been “bothering him.”...

Shortly after that, multiple other independent creators found their content removed from the site or demonetized, including history teacher Scott Allsop, who runs a website and YouTube revision channel called MrAllsopHistory. Allsop’s channel featured hundreds of historical clips on a number of topics from the Norman conquest to the cold war; his channel has now been deleted for breaching hate speech rules. “It’s absolutely vital that YouTube work to undo the damage caused by their indiscriminate implementation as soon as possible,” said Allsop. “Access to important material is being denied wholesale as many other channels are left branded as promoting hate when they do nothing of the sort.”

Richard Jones-Nerzic, a British teacher, was also affected by what has been branded the #VoxAdpocalypse. Jones-Nerzic stated that YouTube’s policy failed to take into account the extent to which the British history syllabus focused on World War 2. “Modern world study and Hitler in particular have dominated the history curriculum in the UK over the last 25 years,” said Jones-Nerzic who had a number of clips from old documentaries about the rise of Nazism removed from the platform.

Jones-Nerzic stated that he is appealing the deletion of his content and argued that this was in fact a “form of negationism or even Holocaust denial.” He added: “I have for a long time been unhappy with how my films have often been hijacked by neo-fascists through the comments section, but YouTube’s actions are far too indiscriminate.”

Allsop suggested that the site must take educational context into account when censoring content: “I fully support YouTube’s increased efforts to curb hate speech, but also feel that silencing the very people who seek to teach about its dangers could be counter-productive to YouTube’s intended goal.” A YouTube spokesperson stated that the company uses a combination of technology and employees to enforce guidelines and encouraged individuals to provide context to the clips they upload noting that they are educational material. YouTube stated that Allsop and Jones-Nerzic’s content has since been reinstated.

Lucas Nolan is a reporter for Breitbart News covering issues of free speech and online censorship.

Who goes to Youtube to learn history?
I've been having to educate myself on it, going back to ancient times and covering the whole globe, because I'm going to be teaching it. I haven't yet needed to go to Youtube for it. That's for OPINIONS and yes, I am not shocked that some of those opinions include hate for one or another group. You make it sound as if the "Left" is changing history by banning hate speech. That's ridiculous.

History videos are not hate speech, that's the point.

The man is a history teacher. Here is a link to the About page on his history website: About | History revision for GCSE, IGCSE, IB and AS/A2 History | Mr Allsop History

Nothing was said about neo-nazis in connection with Allsop or his videos. The only thing we know is that YouTube yanked his material because it contained historical footage and narratives about German Nazis.
Seems suspect considering the hundreds of videos on Nazis that are on YouTube that have not been"censored"..

The black Confederates

Straw Man much?

No. I don't use a cell phone at all.
Lol

yet it's okay to deny some gay folks a wedding cake because of religion but YouTube can't run its business the wy it wants and repubs have a problem with someone censoring their actions but repubs love it when it is done to someone they dislike....

What a vindictive lifestyle.

The black Confederates

Recruiting, or telling about? Here's something...

Holocaust Survivor: America Does Not Run Concentration Camps

If you can't tell the difference, I can't show you.
I don't watch vids here, either.

Forum List

Back