Ginsburg suggests many 'most-watched' Supreme Court cases could be decided by 1 vote

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
giphy.gif

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg suggested Friday that a number of the 27 rulings remaining before the court’s nine-month term finishes at the end of June could be decided by a one-vote margin, according to reports.

Ginsburg suggests many 'most-watched' Supreme Court cases could be decided by 1 vote

John 20:25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

s-air-foice-stunning-live-official-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-41666423.png

mmm ... eh, the only decision that's predictable is her support for walking execution chambers.

CHANGE: Conservative gains at Supreme Court leading to anger, frustration and ‘peeks behind the curtain.’

The Supreme Court decided an Indiana abortion case last month with an unsigned, three-page compromise opinion that had something for both conservative and liberal justices to like.

"Justice (Ruth Bader) Ginsburg's dissent ... makes little sense," Associate Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in a footnote to a 20-page concurrence. He said the state's regulation of fetal remains disposal, which the court upheld, does not burden the "mother's right to abort that (already aborted) child."

"Justice Thomas's footnote displays more heat than light," Ginsburg responded, adding pointedly that "a woman who exercises her constitutionally protected right to terminate a pregnancy is not a 'mother.'"

60553b94-1605-410d-80c7-94486754f862-AFP_AFP_19V7N8.JPG

When the justices rise to leave the bench, Thomas often extends a hand to Ginsburg, who at 86 walks carefully while recovering from lung cancer.

But in their written opinions and dissents, things have gotten a bit snippy.

Forum List

Back