So blacks... THIS is the one you want to hang your hats on?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Of all the potential cases in the nation, of all the incidents that have happened, of all the individuals besides George Zimmerman, you can't find a better example of "race hate" to carry the banner for? This is the best you can do? Really?

A Hispanic guy who was found not guilty of any charge, because he acted in self defense... THAT is going to be the mountain you pick to die on? That is going to be held up as the example of intolerant racism in America? That is going to be your Poster Child for Racism... George Zimmerman?

I want you to go look up an old children's fable entitled: "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and see if you can comprehend the moral of that story, because I think it may apply in this case. You see, there was this boy who was responsible for watching the herd of sheep, and every day, because he liked the attention, he ran into the town crying... WOLF! WOLF! And the people would scurry to get their weapons and go out to kill this predator who threatened the sheep. But... the wolf was never there, it never existed, it was something the boy made up in order to feel important. Of course, it worked the first few times, people thought the boy was incredible at his job and praised him for being so diligent, even though they didn't get the wolf. Well, after a while, this had gone on so long, the townspeople became suspicious and dubious of the breathless claims of a wolf by the boy, and pretty soon, the simply began to ignore his exasperating claims. Now, low and behold, an actual real wolf shows up one day and starts gobbling up sheep left and right... and the boy comes screaming into town crying WOLF! WOLF! But.... everyone ignored him, they just knew he was lying again, and paid him no mind.

There is a valid moral to this story which applies today, to the people who want to sensationalize the Zimmerman-Martin incident, and cry RACIST! RACIST! When there is no actual racist present.... (except for Trayvon Martin, who was obviously racist and bigoted.) So now, what do you suppose is going to happen when we have a REAL incident involving a REAL racist, and REAL racism? Could the townspeople simply believe this is another in a long line of false alarms? Could they actually fail to show up? I think it's something you need to consider at least.

Is THIS the case you want to hang your hats on? Go to the mat for? Stage protests and marches to decry a "miscarriage of justice" on? THIS CASE? Really? I mean, maybe I could understand if Zimmerman had some kind of racist background, belonged to the Klan, had made racist statements or posted racist blogs online... something... anything. But he was a Hispanic man, who's grandfather was black. He took a black girl to his high school prom. He came to the defense of a homeless black man in his town. The night of the shooting, he never mentioned Trayvon's race until he was specifically asked about it by the dispatcher. There is absolutely NOTHING here that indicates Zimmerman had a racist bone in his body. But folks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, along with their accomplices in media, have slandered this man six ways from Sunday, depicting him as the most horrid racist since the 1950s. Why? The same reason the boy kept crying WOLF... attention!

Think about it... is THIS the one? Really?

Not to mention, it's truly sad that any segment of our society is waiting for a "race hate" event. I would like to think we have had come further than this.

ohboy now you are putting thoughts into Black peoples mind,when are you people going to stop this trash you putting out there.Look into the mirror when you wake up boy.

ohboy now you are putting thoughts into Black peoples mind,when are you people going to stop this trash you putting out there.Look into the mirror when you wake up boy.

You people? Who are you talking about? I am less white than Zimmerman, he is only slightly more black than I, and we are both less black than Martin. Obama is as white as Zimmerman, and more white than I, but less white than Martin. The people who seem to be wanting to lynch Zimmerman after he has been acquitted of all charges, are blacker than me or Zimmerman, or liberal. Zimmerman and myself, are probably blacker than most of these liberals. You should look in the mirror and ask yourself; Who is assuming race based on their viewpoints here?

I don't care who is what color, I learned from Dr. MLK, Jr., to judge people by content of character instead of skin color. Besides, there are no more pure races, humans are homogenized now, and whether you believe in evolution of creation, we all began as the same thing. So why do people such as yourself, continue to try and divide other people on the basis of skin color? I have to wonder if true racism isn't hiding behind white liberalism.

Not to mention, it's truly sad that any segment of our society is waiting for a "race hate" event. I would like to think we have had come further than this.

It's even sadder that they will take something that is so obviously not a race hate event, and try to turn it into one. It's kind of the point of the thread, that we have many more examples of real racism and race hate, or race prejudice, going on everyday all around us in America, but we are myopically focused on this one incident, which has nothing to do with race. The TRUE racists are tickled to death with this, it's something else to distract from their own racist habits, viewpoints and philosophies. In fact, I bet that most of the people stoking the flames here, are indeed, racist to the core. They've discovered that pointing to non-racism and calling it racist, is a very good way to keep the spotlight off of themselves.

Meanwhile, we are not having the conversation we should be having. Trayvon Martin was a teen in trouble, a young man who had problems that weren't being dealt with. It's probably not entirely his parent's fault, many parents simply don't know how to deal with out-of-control teens, and very often, will simply deny there is a problem until it is too late. Why was Martin roaming the streets at night, going to the store? People say... well, he had every right to be there... no he didn't! He was a 17-year-old juvenile punk who had been kicked out of school, he should have been at home, grounded for life and a day, not allowed to go anywhere until he straightened his act out... or in a juvenile detention center under lock and key.

We need to be addressing this 60s-generation madness of raising your kids as equals, trying to be their "friend" instead of their parent, and not being made to feel the consequences of their misbehavior. That goes for whether you are black, white, green or blue. The black community needs to specifically address the gang culture, the glorification of violence and drugs in rap music, where these people are viewed as role models, and this persistent attitude that violence is a solution. As a society, we need to be focusing on how to give parents of troubled teens, the resources they need to deal with the problem, either through education on how to deal and cope with this, or actual physical programs and facilities they can depend on to help. Instead, we seem to be content with letting the true racists in society, turn this into a scapegoat or strawman. Even sicker, it seems as if we gain some kind of 'entertainment' value from it, or a sense of political pride.

Forum List

Back