Shower in a day!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So our next job only has one shower/tub in the house and we're scheduled to start demo on Monday. Went out today and threw together a makeshift shower over their existing basement drain lol. Concrete already had a nice slope and tested the drain for flow rate first. Then just diverted water from a wet bar on the opposite side of the wall and 4 hours later, BAM new shower lol. I've never used more liquid rubber and silicone on studs before in my life.

20210806_140848.jpg

So our next job only has one shower/tub in the house and we're scheduled to start demo on Monday. Went out today and threw together a makeshift shower over their existing basement drain lol. Concrete already had a nice slope and tested the drain for flow rate first. Then just diverted water from a wet bar on the opposite side of the wall and 4 hours later, BAM new shower lol. I've never used more liquid rubber and silicone on studs before in my life.

View attachment 522335
Nice work!

• Banned
Nice work!
It's the slopiest shit I've ever done lol. But it works.
Brand new CHEAP valve has a constant drip. Wall I built is crooked as hell because I followed the original studs for support and they weren't level. Now the dryer door barely opens lol.

The good news is in 2 or 3 weeks I get paid to tear it out and turn it into a laundry room wash basin

It's the slopiest shit I've ever done lol. But it works.
Brand new CHEAP valve has a constant drip. Wall I built is crooked as hell because I followed the original studs for support and they weren't level. Now the dryer door barely opens lol.

The good news is in 2 or 3 weeks I get paid to tear it out and turn it into a laundry room wash basin
It pays to not only be handy, but adaptable. You've did a job that I probably would do myself in a similar circumstance. 100% on your corner on that. You saw how the project would turn out at the end and adapted to it.

It's a real compliment. I hate your politics. But I really respect what you did here. Nice work. :113:

• Banned
It pays to not only be handy, but adaptable. You've did a job that I probably would do myself in a similar circumstance. 100% on your corner on that. You saw how the project would turn out at the end and adapted to it.

It's a real compliment. I hate your politics. But I really respect what you did here. Nice work. :113:
They were going to rent an rv for a ridiculous amount of money. I built that for under 200 bucks and a days wages. The most expensive part was all the liquid rubber on the sheetrock.
I am VERY eager to see how it fares without tile or stone over it because it's the same product I use behind all my walls but I never see it after the fact. This will be the ultimate test without a product covering it and being used by 3 people daily!

They were going to rent an rv for a ridiculous amount of money. I built that for under 200 bucks and a days wages. The most expensive part was all the liquid rubber on the sheetrock.
I am VERY eager to see how it fares without tile or stone over it because it's the same product I use behind all my walls but I never see it after the fact. This will be the ultimate test without a product covering it and being used by 3 people daily!
Are you going to do the stone work when it eventually comes down to it?

Forum List

Back