Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
The poll speaks for itself. You can either ignore the poll and lose another election or pay attention to it and win one.

It does. The poll says the vast and overwhelming majority do not support churches being forced to marry gay couples if they do not wish to do so. You like to pretend this poll states that 82% oppose gay marriage in its entirety b/c you're a shameless liar.
So your official position is that the poll at the top of the page and election 2016 had nothing whatsoever to do with one another eh?

The 200 or so people who participated in your poll had no statistically relevant impact on the 2016 election.

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

Absolutely not! Religious freedom is a bedrock principle of the U.S. Every religion you mention believes marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm pretty sure that there will be more than enough wedding chapels, gay ministers, etc. willing to perform the service.

Of course no church should be forced to marry anyone that they don't want to- regardless of the reason.

No one is saying otherwise.

Of course no church should be forced to marry anyone that they don't want to- regardless of the reason.

The 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom of church" though Syriusly. That little snag is going to come up in argument. And, the 1st Amendment doesn't come with GPS coordinates or a time clock.

The 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom of church" though Syriusly. That little snag is going to come up in argument. And, the 1st Amendment doesn't come with GPS coordinates or a time clock.

Christians have to follow the same laws as everyone else.

Now if they just read their Bible they would know that is what God told them to do.

Quick poli-sci question for you Syriusly;

Which law is dominant? Clearly delineated Constitutional law or muddy, recent local law in direct conflict with Constitutional protections?

Which law is dominant? Clearly delineated Constitutional law or muddy, recent local law in direct conflict with Constitutional protections?

The law is the law.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the United States.

And who interprets Constitutional law?

The Supreme Court.

Meanwhile- Christians don't get special exemptions from obeying the law.

They should follow what the New Testament says and follow the law.

[
Besides... you're out of political power - entirely - in 16 days... who gives a rat's ass what you think anymore?

Well that is how conservative fascists think right.

If they control the government- they can ignore what the rest of America thinks.
Not the rest of America, pissant... just whiny LibTards...

You are a true fascist- you think that once your party gains power you can ignore what Americans think.

You are a true fascist- you think that once your party gains power you can ignore what Americans think.

that's called "projection". When your fascist party got power YOU ignored the majority in most of the states and forced them to incorporate motherless/fatherless marriage...for which there was ZERO constitutional protections (of deviant sex behaviors) against the will of majorities. And, you did it with 5 in-pocket Justices who of which one at least advertised how she would weigh in before the Hearing even came into her Courtroom. AND as if that wasn't fascist enough, your in-pocket conspirator lit up the Executive branch THE SAME DAY your fascist pre-determined decision came down with a rainbow light display in a giant "fuck you" to the majority...and the way our country runs.

Yes, you would know what fascism is. And, you celebrated the jailing of a Christian and fined other Christians for refusing to promote your motherless/fatherless new contractual terms that are onerous to children; binding them for life.

[
Besides... you're out of political power - entirely - in 16 days... who gives a rat's ass what you think anymore?

If they control the government- they can ignore what the rest of America thinks.

You're an idiot.

I voted for Bubba Clinton in 1992.

I voted for Bubba Clinton in 1996.

I voted for Shrub in 2000.

I voted for Shrub in 2004.

I voted for Obumble in 2008.

I voted for Obumble in 2012.

I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Illinois Democratic Primary in Spring 2016.

I voted for Hillary Clinton on November 8, 2016.

And then I came home and took a shower, feeling as dirty as I did.

I'm a Centrist, my little butt-floss... I just enjoy baiting you emotional little Hyper-Leftie LibTards... although it's oftentimes like shooting fish in a barrel.

[

You're an idiot.

I voted for Bubba Clinton in 1992.l.

And now you are a true fascist who thinks that once your side gets into power you can ignore Americans that you disagree with.

Nope- just calling it like it is.
Me too, let's review what was said in context. You'll have to spam another 5 or 6 posts to bleed out another page.

that's called "projection". When your fascist party got power YOU ignored the majority in most of the states and forced them to incorporate motherless/fatherless marriage...for which there was ZERO constitutional protections (of deviant sex behaviors) against the will of majorities. And, you did it with 5 in-pocket Justices who of which one at least advertised how she would weigh in before the Hearing even came into her Courtroom. AND as if that wasn't fascist enough, your in-pocket conspirator lit up the Executive branch THE SAME DAY your fascist pre-determined decision came down with a rainbow light display in a giant "fuck you" to the majority...and the way our country runs.

Yes, you would know what fascism is. And, you celebrated the jailing of a Christian and fined other Christians for refusing to promote your motherless/fatherless new contractual terms that are onerous to children; binding them for life.

[

You're an idiot.

I voted for Bubba Clinton in 1992.l.

And now you are a true fascist who thinks that once your side gets into power you can ignore Americans that you disagree with.
Oh, dearie-me, the little snowflake is emoting again... my, my, my... what to do?... God, it's going to be fun, watching you twits melt-down time and again...

Off to the peanut gallery with you, after January 20th, along with the rest of the politically impotent losers... whine for us some more, Princess... whine...

Nope- just calling it like it is.
Me too, let's review what was said in context. You'll have to spam another 5 or 6 posts to bleed out another page.

The majority of the US is in favor of same sex marriage.

Your concern about "protections" is totally ridiculous. It isn't even on topic. Maybe you should read Lawrence v Texas, where your concern about sexual freedom of consensual adults was addressed.

I mean, marriage causes LESS promiscuity and MORE fidelity. You should LIKE that.

Also, "motherless fatherless marriage"??? What the heck is THAT? Are you asking that those who marry already have children? Are you unaware that marriage and children are two separate issues, with pretty much anyone who wants children can have them?

Are you unaware that same sex female companions can easily outpace heteros in the the baby department?

And, yes, if you have a public accommodation you have to follow public accommodation law. Duh!

No, churches in America are not required by government to marry those they don't want to marry. That's never even been a question.

Prelates can be total a-holes if they feel that's what Jesus calls them to be.

Well, they aren't really supposed to rape children, but that's a different thread, I guess.

The 1st Amendment doesn't say "freedom of church"... Might want to give it a read when you get a minute..

The majority of the US is in favor of same sex marriage.

The poll at the top of the page and this poll suggest otherwise: Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Have fun losing 2018 & 2020. Being an ostrich and ignoring working class values just isn't a winning strategy I guess. Do you need a brick with the stats I just mentioned, wrapped around it, hurled at your head in order for the situation to finally sink in?

The poll at the top of the page and this poll suggest otherwise: Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Two polls that don't even ask about gay marriage is your compelling evidence. How sad for you. Silly Sil is upset she can't force people to give a shit about queers getting married as much as she does. :crybaby:
It's you who wants to take action on this issue.

You've been on here for a long time now, whining that you can't stop people from getting married.

How about keeping your OWN life in order and letting other people live theirs?

Would that just be to sad for you?

Two polls that don't even ask about gay marriage is your compelling evidence. How sad for you. Silly Sil is upset she can't force people to give a shit about queers getting married as much as she does. :crybaby:
It's you who wants to take action on this issue.

You've been on here for a long time now, whining that you can't stop people from getting married.

How about keeping your OWN life in order and letting other people live theirs?

Would that just be to sad for you?

I think you have me confused with someone else. lol

Forum List

Back