Share your get rich slow schemes

Brick Gold

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2022
There isn't a Money forum or a Careers forum so I post this here in the Lifestyle forum because scheming to make oneself wealthy is a lifestyle.

We've heard all the get rich quick schemes and how much a gamble they are. How about your get rich slow stories? Slow and steady wins the race they say and if you've got a hard to shake financial plan that takes years to unfold and is a solid thing to stick with I'd like to hear about it.

Buy a parking lot in a downtown area. Your overhead is what? Some concrete to repair a pot hole or two that show up each year, some paint...taxes. You'll also need a towing company on retainer but they work on a per use basis.

There isn't a Money forum or a Careers forum so I post this here in the Lifestyle forum because scheming to make oneself wealthy is a lifestyle.

We've heard all the get rich quick schemes and how much a gamble they are. How about your get rich slow stories? Slow and steady wins the race they say and if you've got a hard to shake financial plan that takes years to unfold and is a solid thing to stick with I'd like to hear about it.
I've posted before that the number one best investment my wife and I made was to start dividend reinvestment programs in quality stocks. The underlying stocks have increased many times their original value and we now take the dividends as supplemental income. Obviously, the younger you start the better.

We put three through. No loans. I'd had about enough of that with my own education. I swore my kids would not have to do it.

My daughter's friends were very angry with her that she had no college loans to pay back. weird. AS if it was their business.

1664082419854.png

Not the enthusiastic response I was anticipating. Parking lot / parking garage idea sounds great, I guess your funds and location choices really decide your chances on this one.

I plan to supplement my retirement by selling single cigarettes on a street corner, for a dollar apiece.

At almost $10 a pack, I could easily double my investment.
Perfect JGalt! Best locations of course would be shady bars where a lot of customers stand outside and smoke in the alleys and they run out a lot, yeck if you time it just right, you might get offers way over a dollar lol

Not the enthusiastic response I was anticipating. Parking lot / parking garage idea sounds great, I guess your funds and location choices really decide your chances on this one.
As you probably know, Roanoke, Virginia is a big liberal cesspool. about late 60's early 70s they decided to tear down their big gorgeous two of a kind theatres in town. These theatres were in business for years. When you walked into them they were like palaces....gold, grand staircases, red velvet, chandeliers, mirrors, sparkline everywhere to a kid it was like a fairytale castle. The community used them for entertainment, plays, recitals, etc etc. They tore them down and put in two parking lots. One of the biggest stupidest decisions that town every made. A loss of history and culture.

Purchase land and start a peach orchard.

Go to medical school and become a MD. It only takes like 15 years before you’re done with residency and all that

Mine is, go to work every day.

Slow like downhill roller skates. Farming.
Sometimes it's ferrari to the tiki bar for 8 and a rum runner.
Next time it's pueblo super on a riding mower for a beer in a bag.
Looks like a ferrari year now....UNTIL ??? :eek:

As you probably know, Roanoke, Virginia is a big liberal cesspool. about late 60's early 70s they decided to tear down their big gorgeous two of a kind theatres in town. These theatres were in business for years. When you walked into them they were like palaces....gold, grand staircases, red velvet, chandeliers, mirrors, sparkline everywhere to a kid it was like a fairytale castle. The community used them for entertainment, plays, recitals, etc etc. They tore them down and put in two parking lots. One of the biggest stupidest decisions that town every made. A loss of history and culture.
Wasn't there a song about that? "Pave paradise. Put up a parking lot."

Start young, enjoy life but save or invest a little regularly. Over time it will grow. Don't be a slave to it however. Also important is to take care of your health. So many fall into financial ruin because of medical problems. Just eating a simple diet will help ensure both health and prosperity.

Last edited:
I plan to supplement my retirement by selling single cigarettes on a street corner, for a dollar apiece.

At almost $10 a pack, I could easily double my investment.
Be careful. The same people who buy your cigarettes will also rob you.

Forum List

Back