Share your favorite recipe, por favor?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
As stated in the What's for Dinner thread, I am going to start cooking for a family of three. I know there are probably a ton of good recipes in that thread as well, but it is forever long SO I am hoping some of you will take pity on me and share your family favorites. I don't care if it is easy or hard cooking, lots of prep work or easy-peasy. I just want lots of options to choose from.

Thanks!

• Banned
I'll just store mine here. Feel free to contribute.

This one I just found, haven't made. Supposed to be awesome.

Attachments

• $lemonbars.jpg
    $lemonbars.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 99
Hint....crock pot foods. Yummy, easy to do, stuff it in and walk away. later on.....nom nom time. :)

I don't have any family recipes, though. Ma didn't cook.

Back in the 1947 when my folks got married, they rented an abandoned schoolhouse in rural Illinois. Wood stove heat, no indoor plumbing. Mom was a suburban Chicago sophisticate, Dad- an 8th grade dropout from Oklahoma without a dime in his pocket. How he convinced her to marry, I'll never know.

Anyhow- one morning mom was making bacon and pancakes and they all stuck to the fry pan real bad. So she just scrambled the batter and bacon and then plated it up to serve.

My dad (so the story goes), said "where did you learn to make shmorn". Of course she played it cool.

Backstory... shmorn was served to the coal miners of eastern Europe as a staple and basic gut-filler before they headed off to the mines.

And so, for you Boops, I present the recipe...

Beat 6 eggs and 1 1/2 tsp salt.
Stir in 1/2 cup flour.
Add another 1/2 cup flour and beat until smooth.
Beat in 1 cup of milk.
Pour into 1/4 cup hot bacon fat.

Scramble. Top with crumbled bacon and syrup.

Forum List

Back