Shaquille O'Neal Claims President Obama Ruined Rajon Rondo's Jump Shot

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA

r-OBAMA-RONDO-large570.jpg

Shaquille O'Neal provided a very strange culprit for his former teammate's shooting woes: President Barack Obama. According to an excerpt from his new book, Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo's ongoing reluctancy to shoot stems from a light jeering he got from the President during a visit with the team.

As O'Neal writes, (excerpt via CSNNE.com, from Shaq Uncut):

In early March some of the guys went to the museum of Fine Arts for a fund-raiser and got to hang with President Barack Obama. Everyone was a little bit in awe. The President turns to Ray, points at Rondo, and says, “Hey, Ray, why don’t you teach this kid how to shoot?” Everyone starts laughing.
KG told me he saw the look on Rondo’s face and the kid was devastated, embarrassed. Dissed by the President, even though I’m sure Obama didn’t mean any harm. Rondo smiled and went along with all of it, but KG told me he could see it in his eyes. It bothered Rondo. It killed him.

Shaq went on to write that Rondo "shot the ball horribly" the next day and he "stopped taking shots after that."

Basketball is very much a mental sport, which is why it doesn't seem completely outside the realm of possibility that a well-timed insult could stick with a player for the long-term. But the idea that Barack Obama is responsible for Rondo's well-documented shooting woes seems just a tad over the top.

I've been to numerous NBA games, in some cases I was close to the floor. Some of the stuff they say is downright eye-popping. I've played basketball on playgrounds for the past 25 years from Seattle to Portland, to Southern California and have heard shit talking that would make a biker blush.

Shaq is telling us that the President talks some shit and Rondo's shooting (which was already crappy) takes a dump and it's Obama's fault? OK.

If Chris Mullins said this shit he'd be labled as a racist.

I'd like to see Shaq do some freestyle rappin' about Barack.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQW-FWMcBo]SHAQ DISSES KOBE - Tell Me How My Ass Tastes FREESTYLE BEEF - YouTube[/ame]

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't one actually have to posses a decent jump shot in order for it to be ruined in the first place?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't one actually have to posses a decent jump shot in order for it to be ruined in the first place?

He was getting better at his shooting this year, now with the intentional elbow injury by Dwayne Wade hopefully he doesn't take a step back.

Forum List

Back