Sexbots, Robots, Neural Networks, Weird Oriental Games, and the Spores of Skynet

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
What I'd give to have an imagination like this guy.

Today we will have Profound Thought. Actually it’s the only kind we ever have in this corner of the internet. Thunderous insight. Volcanic perceptiveness. That sort of thing.

Anyway, some slightly addled questions about robots, and sexbots and their relations with people and how smart they are or aren’t. For example, can you love a robot? I mean with actual affection, such as one might have for a good dog? Or–larger question–how much emotional involvement is possible with machines, and how much is a good idea?

Yeah, I know, this sounds silly. But we really are moving toward a world in which the inanimate and the human aren’t all that distinct. Bear with me.

Little girls seem genuinely attached to their dolls, and a boy of fifteen can become romantically involved with anything concave that can’t run faster than he can. But with the advent of sex robots and increasingly human software–Siri, for example–how far can this go?

LOL- Sexbots, Robots, Neural Networks, Weird Oriental Games, and the Spores Of Skynet

That was a very interesting article. The most impressive application of AI to me is not the GO or Chess programs (even though they are very impressive). I think the Jeopardy quiz application is most amazing. It is not tailor made for a specific game, but can understand and handle a rich variety of questions. I think with minor alterations the program can be an interesting companion to talk to.

Jeopardy is close to satisfying the Turing test of AI. I think eventually one could get the feeling that a Jeopardy-like program could be ones best buddy to talk to.

Forum List

Back