Senator Manchin opens door to filibuster fix

Making the filibuster "painful" to use would be a good start. Make Senators stand and deliver - and what they talk about must be germane to the issue being filibustered.

Sounds good. What do you think?-Lakhota

I think the filibuster is a hiding scheme to obstruct real progress. I think most Democrats (the older ones, Feinstein, etc) and all Republicans love it. It takes responsibility away from voting Yes/No on things. I think neither side truly wants to remove it, because then they would no longer have excuses for not doing their jobs. In short, it is part of a system, and the system is designed to slow things down and nothing more. It's a way for Old Money and those who truly control our politicians to keep things the way they are.

With that said, I think Joe Manchin is wrong. The filibuster needs to be completely removed.

PS: Feinstein hugged Lindsey Graham during Amy Coney-Barrett's confirmation. That's the kind of Democrat I don't want in my party, ever. It's just an old white rich lady who is there to do nothing but fuck me over.

Never been a Feinstein or Graham fan myself but why do you have a problem with people crossing party lines to be collegial and what does Feinstein being white have to do with anything? Are you saying that having non-whites in Congress who don’t work with the other party in Congress is better for US? How in God’s name has your life been “fucked over” because a woman got nominated to the Supreme Court?

Forum List

Back