Senator John Thune: Top Senate Republican threatens to tank the economy if he can't cut Social Security

Senate Minority Whip John Thune said Republicans want to hold the country's credit hostage if they can't cut Social Security benefits.

Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2 Republican in the U.S. Senate, said on Tuesday that the GOP plans to use the debt ceiling as leverage to make cuts to Social Security and other social safety net programs.

Does Thune understand who owns the Social Security money? What do you think?
Thune and other Rino's in the GOP want cuts in this program.

The article and the OP are, to put it simply, lies. Period. Lies. No other word for it.

Neither this Senator nor any other Senator has suggested cutting SS benefits.

Is Lahkota a liar, or just stupid?

It is a puzzle.

If anyone wants to refute the above, please provide a QUOTATION of any Republican senator suggesting a cut to SS benefits.

I won't hold my breath.

How are you going to cut social security without cutting benefits. Are you a liar or just plain stupid? No Republican is going to say that. They speak in codewords. Anyone who knows anything knows that Republicans want to cut benefits.

Senate Minority Whip John Thune said Republicans want to hold the country's credit hostage if they can't cut Social Security benefits.

Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2 Republican in the U.S. Senate, said on Tuesday that the GOP plans to use the debt ceiling as leverage to make cuts to Social Security and other social safety net programs.

He can be replaced.

Joe Potatohead is tanking the economy all by himself. He is doing an excellent job of screwing this country and does not need help from anybody.

Trump just called to terminate the Constitution. Advertisers won't put up with him or antisemitism or racists or white nationalists.

Wrong. Not a penny gets spent unless the president agree's and signs off on it.
/——-/ aThe president has little choice especially when democRATs can override his veto. Of course you want to see old people starve, kids go hungry and federal employees become homeless. Because that’s how you roll.

Back to Government 101 for you.
/----/ Instead of your wise-ass comment, explain how Congress can't override a veto if they have the votes. And you still won't say what options the president has. I'd post some links but I'm sure you won't ever open and read them.

/----/ Instead of your wise-ass comment, explain how Congress can't override a veto if they have the votes. And you still won't say what options the president has. I'd post some links but I'm sure you won't ever open and read them.

Likely not. I've covered all of this many years ago in school.

Likely not. I've covered all of this many years ago in school.
/---/ Then you need the refresher course. You obviously don't know because you won't answer the question. Explain how Congress can't override a veto if they have the votes. And you still won't say what options the president has if he doesn't like the budget.

/---/ Then you need the refresher course. You obviously don't know because you won't answer the question. Explain how Congress can't override a veto if they have the votes. And you still won't say what options the president has if he doesn't like the budget.

I have no reason to address your silliness.

Trump just called to terminate the Constitution. Advertisers won't put up with him or antisemitism or racists or white nationalists.

Humpty dumpty, is about to take a great fall....

He needs to be president to hide from his crimes that are finally catching up to him..... He's desperate at this point.

For once his lies just didn't work to get him out of his troubles.... the Big Lie, didn't get him his job back that we fired the crook from..... But the Big Lie has put America on the brink of civil war, which is what he wants from his followers.... He excels in chaos and disorder.... and not by law and order.....

From your link:

"There's a set of solutions there that we really need to take on if we're going to get serious about making these programs sustainable and getting this debt bomb at a manageable level before it's too late," Thune said in an interview with Bloomberg News, adding that raising the retirement age is one of the solutions Republicans want to explore.

OUTSTANDING!

I've been advocating raising the retirement age to 70, and indexing it to 9 percent of the population, for YEARS.

Humpty dumpty, is about to take a great fall....

He needs to be president to hide from his crimes that are finally catching up to him..... He's desperate at this point.

For once his lies just didn't work to get him out of his troubles.... the Big Lie, didn't get him his job back that we fired the crook from..... But the Big Lie has put America on the brink of civil war, which is what he wants from his followers.... He excels in chaos and disorder.... and not by law and order.....

Trump wants to be a dictator or burn it all down. He loves revenge.

Can you believe that he attacked Kim Kardashian at his dinner with Fuentes and Kanye?

What kind of pissant does that?

From your link:

"There's a set of solutions there that we really need to take on if we're going to get serious about making these programs sustainable and getting this debt bomb at a manageable level before it's too late," Thune said in an interview with Bloomberg News, adding that raising the retirement age is one of the solutions Republicans want to explore.

OUTSTANDING!

I've been advocating raising the retirement age to 70, and indexing it to 9 percent of the population, for YEARS.

For many of us seniors waiting until age 70 isn't viable.

For many of us seniors waiting until age 70 isn't viable.
We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. We should not be retiring at the same age they did.

This is unsustainable.

We are living DECADES longer than our ancestors. We should not be retiring at the same age they did.

This is unsustainable.
Well, that’s a simplistic bunch of bull shit right there…but hey, it would effect you not me…

Forum List

Back