Senate Republicans call on Twitter, Facebook bosses to testify amid censorship claims, say subpoena in works

Facebook can censor whatever they want.
Nope, and not if it is doing so for the purpose of using the platform in order to sway the election in one party's favor over another, and this by way of using slime tactics by it's management to do so.

Facebook and Twitter have a huge amount of conservatives using their platforms also, and to do such a thing in the ways that they've been doing things, is a huge slap in the face towards their conservative users..... It is a shame that they would even contemplate such a thing if they want to stay neutral in honor of their diverse memberships. It should be illegal for these platforms to sell adds for or engage in politic's period, especially after this bullcrap has been learned about them.

In fact they should actually self sensor themselves concerning all political activity, and stay neutral in regards to their huge diverse memberships.

At this point, if I were a member of either platform, I would definitely cancel my membership. No way am I making these people able to cut my head off like that.

If anyone stays after knowing what they know now, it's no different than ignoring Netflix after showing the show called "Cuties". It's really that bad.

Funny how people feel that they can't make it without these platforms, even though the internet has many ways to stay in touch with family members etc. It's like a drug I guess, otherwise once you get hooked on it or maybe you're the kind of person that loves such a thing that you can't or won't turn away from it. Who knows really, but for these platforms to betray the trust of it's membership is really a huge punch in the nose.

They can. What you or anyone else feels they should do is different than what they can do. People do many things I disagree with but that is their right.
Nope, you are wrong.

And yet Facebook is reportedly doing it and nothing can be done about it.
We'll see.

Just like you are waiting for Hillary to get arrested? (there is reasons for that even)
If she committed crimes, yep she should be arrested. She is no different than that cooking lady Martha Stewart that went to prison for insider trading.

Even though Trump ran on that she isn't is she? If they wanted Facebook can make their site whatever they want to.
Within the boundaries of laws.

The left keeps forgetting that part.

There is nothing to forget. There are no laws that apply here.
Sect 230 to define publisher vs platform.

Nothing new you just choose to ignore what you don't like.

Either can promote whatever they want as long as it's legal. Even then it depends on how you promote it.

Personally I would like to see them ban all politics but barring that I can read thousands of other pages instead.

Incorrect.

But you're a propagandist. That's obvious.

They may fall under the category of Newspaper ....
Actually you might be wrong

Jo

LOL, a newspaper can censor whatever it wants.
You do realize the 230 protections were designed specifically for online news organizations right? So that they couldn’t be sued for opinions in their comment sections? No they can’t “censor whatever they want.“

Jo

You do realize the 230 protections were designed specifically for online news organizations right? So that they couldn’t be sued for opinions in their comment sections? No they can’t “censor whatever they want.“

The dipshit k ows, he's just relying on lies and maniacal laughter to cover his ass. He's a paid chinese stooge.

Jo

Yes they can. If they don't want to run your opinion piece they do not have to. They can decide to not cover whatever they want. People are complaining all the time about this news site or that news site not covering something.

Jo

Yes they can. If they don't want to run your opinion piece they do not have to. They can decide to not cover whatever they want. People are complaining all the time about this news site or that news site not covering something.

They are no longer simply private businesses. They have virtually replaced news and newspapers. Not only do I see anti-trust matters here I also see possible recategorizing as public utility level entities similar to the old Man Bell scenario.....

They were stupid to step into this trap....regulation is almost sure to follow this very unwise decision to politicize their services.

Jo

Jo

They are no longer simply private businesses. They have virtually replaced news and newspapers. Not only do I see anti-trust matters here I also see possible recategorizing as public utility level entities similar to the old Man Bell scenario.....

They were stupid to step into this trap....regulation is almost sure to follow this very unwise decision to politicize their services.

Jo

$10 says nothing changes. $10 says no one gets charged with anything. $10 says Facebook faces nothing in legal issues with any of this.

Nope, and not if it is doing so for the purpose of using the platform in order to sway the election in one party's favor over another, and this by way of using slime tactics by it's management to do so.

Facebook and Twitter have a huge amount of conservatives using their platforms also, and to do such a thing in the ways that they've been doing things, is a huge slap in the face towards their conservative users..... It is a shame that they would even contemplate such a thing if they want to stay neutral in honor of their diverse memberships. It should be illegal for these platforms to sell adds for or engage in politic's period, especially after this bullcrap has been learned about them.

In fact they should actually self sensor themselves concerning all political activity, and stay neutral in regards to their huge diverse memberships.

At this point, if I were a member of either platform, I would definitely cancel my membership. No way am I making these people able to cut my head off like that.

If anyone stays after knowing what they know now, it's no different than ignoring Netflix after showing the show called "Cuties". It's really that bad.

Funny how people feel that they can't make it without these platforms, even though the internet has many ways to stay in touch with family members etc. It's like a drug I guess, otherwise once you get hooked on it or maybe you're the kind of person that loves such a thing that you can't or won't turn away from it. Who knows really, but for these platforms to betray the trust of it's membership is really a huge punch in the nose.

They can. What you or anyone else feels they should do is different than what they can do. People do many things I disagree with but that is their right.
Nope, you are wrong.

We'll see.

Just like you are waiting for Hillary to get arrested? (there is reasons for that even)
If she committed crimes, yep she should be arrested. She is no different than that cooking lady Martha Stewart that went to prison for insider trading.

Even though Trump ran on that she isn't is she? If they wanted Facebook can make their site whatever they want to.

Either can promote whatever they want as long as it's legal. Even then it depends on how you promote it.

Personally I would like to see them ban all politics but barring that I can read thousands of other pages instead.
and they *could* ban politics AS LONG AS IT WAS BANNED FOR ALL.

the problem isn't the rules they set in as much as their 1 sided enforcement of them. to say anything else at this point is simply either refusing by choice or because you're fuckheaded stupid and either way, no longer worth talking to beause you either way - you won't play on the same field as the rest of us.

fine. go be on your own playing field. just watch the world move around you.

Nope, you are wrong.

We'll see.

the problem isn't the rules they set in as much as their 1 sided enforcement of them. to say anything else at this point is simply either refusing by choice or because you're fuckheaded stupid and either way, no longer worth talking to beause you either way - you won't play on the same field as the rest of us.

I never argued they were not one sided. I argued that are allowed to be. That they aren't is what this was about.

If tomorrow they wanted to make it that you can only post about your cats, they can.

Jo

Yeah, but they can't interfere with legal opinion pieces that membership post in which doesn't violate the rules of the site, just so the site can sensor what it don't like because it is biased in an election. Otherwise they are attempting to suppress the 1st amendment rights of individuals by way of their platform. They are guilty of abusing their power in an illegal manor by suppression of free speech.

Jo

Yeah, but they can't interfere with legal opinion pieces that membership post in which doesn't violate the rules of the site, just so the site can sensor what it don't like because it is biased in an election. Otherwise they are attempting to suppress the 1st amendment rights of individuals by way of their platform. They are guilty of abusing their power in an illegal manor by suppression of free speech.

They can block anything they want. If you don't like it find another venue. The 1st Amendment restrictions do not apply to Facebook. But you know that.

Nope, you are wrong.

We'll see.

I never argued they were not one sided. I argued that are allowed to be. That they aren't is what this was about.

If tomorrow they wanted to make it that you can only post about your cats, they can.
They better not make it about the cats, because they got caught doing bad things like curious cat's usually do, and they shouldn't have nine lives to do as they please afterwards. Hmmm, I think they already used a couple of them lives and got away with it.

Jo

They can block anything they want. If you don't like it find another venue. The 1st Amendment restrictions do not apply to Facebook. But you know that.
That's fixing to change bud, so you might want to find you another venue, because Facebook and Twitter aren't going to be able to promote your one-sided propaganda and bullcrap much longer.

Nope, you are wrong.

We'll see.

No they cannot. We've told you law, and classifications they must operate under. Like Twitter and Facebook you choose to ignore it.

Makes you part of the problem

Jo

That's fixing to change bud, so you might want to find you another venue, because Facebook and Twitter aren't going to be able to promote your propaganda and bullcrap much longer.

I don't use Facebook to post politics. I block those who post politics after politics.

But nothing is going to change.

Especially if Biden wins. Then that is the end of Free Speech.

Hey, would you consider what I just said, "hate speech" and report me to the police?

Cause that day is coming.

It is a given.

Starting January 20, the Biden administration will spell out exactly what "hate speech" consists of.

One thing for sure, NO criticism of BLM will be allowed.

The administration will follow China in banning certain foreign websites on our Internet. E.g., I assume that England's Daily Mail will be banned, for it regularly reports American crime that the American media ignore.

Forum List

Back