Senate Republicans call on Twitter, Facebook bosses to testify amid censorship claims, say subpoena in works

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Too little too late. They should have dropped the hammer last time. Those who wish to destroy what made America so cherished, have little interest in abiding now. Fooled again it seems.

Senate Republicans call on Twitter, Facebook bosses to testify amid censorship claims, say subpoena in works
Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and Josh Hawley on Thursday called on the heads of Twitter and Facebook to testify, and said a subpoena was in the works, as critics claimed the social media platforms have been censoring reporting critical of Democrats.

“This is election interference and we're 19 days out from an election,” Cruz, R-Texas, said. “It has no precedent in the history of democracy. The Senate Judiciary Committee wants to know what the hell is going on.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee leaders announced they will vote on a subpoena Tuesday for Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, to testify before the committee on Friday, Oct. 23. Hawley said he hoped the committee would also vote to subpoena Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg too.

The action comes as both Twitter and Facebook took steps to stop the widespread dissemination of an explosive New York Port report this week that purports to show emails from Hunter Biden linking his father his Ukraine business dealings.

Republicans blasted the social media platforms for censorship and implied the tech giants were in cahoots with the Biden campaign to suppress a negative story.

STOP this nonsense.

NOTHING will be done. It is ALL a Dog and pony show to keep BOTH sides at bay.

We've had a million investigations.....if you don't get it by now.........

All they did by censoring this story was to make certain everyone has seen it....so thanks Twitter...dumbasses....never discount the stupidity of the left....they will screw themselves every time if given a chance....

Facebook can censor whatever they want.
No they can not. They are a public platform and if they censor they are not allowed 1st amendment protections... They also lose their tax status.

They are violating federal communications law, RICO or Election Fixing could apply to their companies. The DOJ could file a motion to enjoin them from this activity or seize the companies for these violations of RICO and Election law.

No they can not. They are a public platform and if they censor they are not allowed 1st amendment protections... They also lose thier tax status.

They are vilating federal communications law, RICO or Election Fixing could apply to thier companies. The DOJ could file a motion to enjoin them from this activity or seize the companies for these violations of RICO and Election law.

And they should. No more investigations. Time to put the hammer down.

Especially if Biden wins. Then that is the end of Free Speech.

Hey, would you consider what I just said, "hate speech" and report me to the police?

Cause that day is coming.

This has little to nothing to do with free speech. A non government entity has always been able to do this and largely have.

No they can not. They are a public platform and if they censor they are not allowed 1st amendment protections... They also lose their tax status.

They are violating federal communications law, RICO or Election Fixing could apply to their companies. The DOJ could file a motion to enjoin them from this activity or seize the companies for these violations of RICO and Election law.

You know you are full of crap.

Hey, would you consider what I just said, "hate speech" and report me to the police?

This has little to nothing to do with free speech. A non government entity has always been able to do this and largely have.

They claim to be a public platform. If they censor they are violating that. And they do. Time to put the hammer down.

They claim to be a public platform. If they censor they are violating that. And they do. Time to put the hammer down.

They can.

They can.

I agree they can. And they should. If not for your side's control and abuse of that control of the means of communication, this race would not even be close.

Your lying is historic. Future historians and archeologists will be amazed at the shit you people spewed from your face anuses and pretended to believe.

BRING THE HAMMER DOWN, RIGHT ON THEIR POINTY LITTLE HEADS.

They can.

I agree they can. And they should. If not for your side's control.................

If you can't make a legitimate argument don't go making one up.

Too little too late. They should have dropped the hammer last time. Those who wish to destroy what made America so cherished, have little interest in abiding now. Fooled again it seems.

Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and Josh Hawley on Thursday called on the heads of Twitter and Facebook to testify, and said a subpoena was in the works, as critics claimed the social media platforms have been censoring reporting critical of Democrats.

“This is election interference and we're 19 days out from an election,” Cruz, R-Texas, said. “It has no precedent in the history of democracy. The Senate Judiciary Committee wants to know what the hell is going on.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee leaders announced they will vote on a subpoena Tuesday for Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, to testify before the committee on Friday, Oct. 23. Hawley said he hoped the committee would also vote to subpoena Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg too.

The action comes as both Twitter and Facebook took steps to stop the widespread dissemination of an explosive New York Port report this week that purports to show emails from Hunter Biden linking his father his Ukraine business dealings.

Republicans blasted the social media platforms for censorship and implied the tech giants were in cahoots with the Biden campaign to suppress a negative story.
This is why they fight so hard for a China/Biden victory

No they can not. They are a public platform and if they censor they are not allowed 1st amendment protections... They also lose thier tax status.

They are vilating federal communications law, RICO or Election Fixing could apply to thier companies. The DOJ could file a motion to enjoin them from this activity or seize the companies for these violations of RICO and Election law.

Yes. Because we know from the past that they always do right?

Nope. We do not know that. It would be nice if they grew a spine though.

They can.

I agree they can. And they should. If not for your side's control and abuse of that control of the means of communication, this race would not even be close.

Your lying is historic. Future historians and archeologists will be amazed at the shit you people spewed from your face anuses and pretended to believe.

I wish people would believe that everything in DC is about fooling the American people to keep the "Parties" going.

It's all about power and money. Washington DC takes care of ITSELF first and foremost. Even if it hurts the American people
Washington DC should be considered a rogue COUNTRY working to undermine Americans and empower itself.

When you think they are having investigations to help you, they are actually having meetings to fool you into believing they are on your side.
List the high up guilty Democrats who have gone to jail......I'll wait.

They can.

I wish people would believe that everything in DC is about fooling the American people to keep the "Parties" going.

It's all about power and money. Washington DC takes care of ITSELF first and foremost. Even if it hurts the American people

Sadly those being hurt are the biggest defenders of these kinds of things.

They can.

Sadly those being hurt are the biggest defenders of these kinds of things.

So true.
Each side blames the other when in reality BOTH parties are screwing the American people.

You have to hand it to them, they are masters of manipulation

Looks like proof Biden is a criminal, using his power for personal gain.

Hunter and Joe should have taken a page out of Hillary's playbook and bleachbit wiped their hard drives and then destroy them with hammers.

Sure, he'll lose too...but she stayed out of prison.

Forum List

Back