Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Sanctions On Russia 97-2

The Senate on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan package of new Russia sanctions that also lets Congress block President Donald Trump from easing or ending penalties against Moscow, the year's most significant GOP-imposed restriction on the White House.

The 97-2 vote on the Russia sanctions plan capped a week of talks that demonstrated cross-aisle collaboration that's become increasingly rare as Trump and the GOP push to repeal Obamacare without any Democratic votes. Senators merged the sanctions package with a bipartisan Iran sanctions bill that's on track for passage as soon as this week, complicating the politics of any future veto threat from the Trump administration.

Additional sanctions in the bill target specific areas of the Russian economy, including mining and shipping.

Voting against the bill were Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, who continues to advocate for Putin and Russia on every occasion, and Rand Paul of Kentucky because … Aqua Buddha? In any case, the question is whether 97 yes votes is enough to keep Donald Trump from saying no.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj_vaiq77UAhWBy4MKHf50BbAQqUMIKjAA&url=http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/14/senate-passes-russia-sanctions-trump-limits-239553&usg=AFQjCNEQ2wNigvQ0GU4CHHYVAa9UG5nj7Q&sig2=C9PGtmjn6uCbdK_eoBdtVw

You won't be getting that oil money Donnie boy. You might want to call your buddy Vladimir, and break it to him gently.
97 Senators and ZERO pseudocons understand Russia interfered in our election.

Awesome.

So what policies does she set exactly?????? And BTW, the money can be easily tracked. 100 million dollars isn't diddly squat to someone like Ivanka Trump or Donald Trump....now the Hildebeast? Hell, she would steal a dime from a beggar before she would ever donate one.....and you can take that to the bank.

(snicker)
So what did Russia do, exactly?
Among a lot of other things, it appears they induced seven pounds of brain damage in you.

Step up to the batter's box and tell me what Russia did to get into the crosshairs of USA.INC that would cause financial sanctions to be placed upon them.......I know....but what I want to know is do YOU know and as to why?

You are a mere piker and totally uninformed......stupid fucks like you make me sick and it makes me not care about what you will be facing. There is this sad side of me (that I wish I didn't have) that wants the satisfaction of watching you freak out when the SHTF. There is a side of me that wants to see you sitting on the curb with your little head in your hands praying that your beloved "gubermint" is going to "whisk in" and save the day and it's not gonna happen. I want to see your gnashing of teeth and how you will turn on your neighbor because he/she has something that will prolong your worthless life because you didn't prepare. I would really enjoy watching that.......I hope you spare me a thought.

(snicker)

Among a lot of other things, it appears they induced seven pounds of brain damage in you.

Step up to the batter's box and tell me what Russia did to get into the crosshairs of USA.INC that would cause financial sanctions to be placed upon them
Full transcript: Sally Yates and James Clapper testify on Russian election interference

Top-Secret NSA Report Details Russian Hacking Effort Days Before 2016 Election

Russian Cyber Hacks on U.S. Electoral System Far Wider Than Previously Known

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

Cybersecurity Expert Is Convinced Russia Was Behind DNC Hacking

NPR: Matt Tait is CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a British cybersecurity firm. I asked him why he was skeptical.

TAIT: Well, it just seemed to fantastical to be true. Russia has very good hackers. You know ,this is a government agency. So initially, what I decided, I’m going to prove Crowd Strike wrong.

NPR: They were hired by the Democratic National Committee to look into this.

TAIT: Absolutely. And so I basically went through all of the technical evidence published by them. I looked through the malware signatures they had come up with, and eventually what you start to discover is there’s a very large number of little pieces of information, some of which point to Russia, some of them point to Russia very, very strongly. And eventually, I came to the conclusion that there’s no other reasonable conclusion you can make.

NPR: Why couldn’t it have been any Joe Blow sitting in their bed, as Donald Trump suggested, masquerading as Russian and putting on a good disguise here?

TAIT: So there’s two different hacks that took place. There’s one hack that was of the DNC, and there was a different hack of John Podesta.

NPR: Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman.

TAIT: Absolutely. And there‘s a series of other smaller hacks of other Democratic members, but those are the two main hacks that took place. And the DNC hack used malware, it hacked into the DNC and placed malware on the DNC network, and we’re able to look at this malware and we’re able to analyze it and see where it talks to, which other companies have been hacked by similar malware, and quite quickly we’re able to see that this is malware that is communicating with servers that also were involved in the hack of the German parliament, the Bundestag. And one of the things that was very interesting is that this is a group we know quite well in the cybersecurity industry. This is a group called APT28. They’re very prolific. They’ve been involved in the hack of NATO organizations. They’ve been involved in the hack of journalists. They’ve been involved in the hack of people investigating the MH-17 airline that was shot down in Ukraine. And so this is a group that is so prolific that it is not really credible that this is an individual group.

NPR: Russia’s really good at this. Wouldn’t they disguise themselves better? Would Russia really want to put so many visible signs out there in the cybersecurity world that it was them and be identified?

TAIT: This wasn’t deliberate. They accidentally did this. And this is one of the problems of when you’re hacking at a really big scale, you look for efficiencies. There’s just not enough members of staff that Russia has in order to be able to hacks on this kind of scale and make sure they never screw up. What happens is that people make small mistakes, which means that when they’ve hacked a person A you might be able to say well that’s the same group, they’ve used the same malware, they’ve used the same control infrastructure as the hacker person B. Once you start to discover that there’s not just the DNC, there’s a thousand other people that have been hacked, all of whom are very narrowly tied to Russian military interests. The hacks of NATO, the hacks of the German parliament, the hacks of journalists reporting on things that Russia is not very happy about being reported on, you start quite quickly to build up this picture where in order for it to be someone else, it really has to be someone who is very prolific, who is doing this full time. There’s nobody else who would be willing to put that sort of cash, that sort of effort, into doing those types of hacks.

NPR: You said something very important there. You’re saying Russia, in your words, screwed up here.

TAIT: Absolutely. And this is normal. It’s actually very common that we see mistakes in malware, we see mistakes in hacking campaigns which allow us to work out who it was that did this.

NPR: Another major cybersecurity firm, Kaspersky Lab, very respected. We should mention Kaspersky is an NPR funder, and we do work with them on our computers. They said that there can be false flags. There can be a lack of reliable metrics. And Americans have gone through a situation with the Iraq War where there was talk of weapons of mass destruction, the intelligence community’s credibility was really called into question after that, but a President took this nation to war based on intelligence. I mean, are you absolutely certain here, or could we find later on down the road that there was some amazing hacker out there who was able to pull this off and make it look like Russia?

TAIT: One of the pieces of evidence that to me is more compelling than any other one is an email that was sent to John Podesta saying, hey we’re from Google, you need to change your password, and they sent him a link to click on. And when clicked on that link it took him to a page that wasn’t Google and asked him to input his password, and that’s how they hacked his account. But the URL shortening service that they used were able to basically look at the user that was logged in and discover all the other URLs they were shortening, and discovered this was not just the hack of John Podesta, it was the hack of a thousand people, and it becomes immediately, once you look at this, incredible to suggest this was a false flag operation. This was someone’s entire intelligence operation that was accidentally exposed due to this one error. So while false flag operations do exist and we have to always be on the lookout for them, the only plausible alternative explanation is that Russian intelligence was hacked. So it’s not credible to suggest this particular hack was a false flag operation.

NPR: It’s impossible that Russia’s intelligence community was hacked?

TAIT: In attribution, nothing is impossible, but this is about as impossible as it comes.

NPR: Matt Tait is founder and CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a cybersecurity firm in Britain. We should also note here Kaspersky Lab, whose doubts about the hack that we cited, has its headquarters in Moscow.

Face the Nation transcript April 2, 2017: Haley, Cornyn, King

DICKERSON: Vladimir Putin said that Russia did not interfere in the U.S. election. Did he lie?

HALEY: Well, I have always said we don’t trust Russia. And I think we’re all aware that Russia was involved in the elections.

You're welcome.

We'll all wait for your riveting riposte of "Nuh uh!"

(snicker)

The Senate on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan package of new Russia sanctions that also lets Congress block President Donald Trump from easing or ending penalties against Moscow, the year's most significant GOP-imposed restriction on the White House.

The 97-2 vote on the Russia sanctions plan capped a week of talks that demonstrated cross-aisle collaboration that's become increasingly rare as Trump and the GOP push to repeal Obamacare without any Democratic votes. Senators merged the sanctions package with a bipartisan Iran sanctions bill that's on track for passage as soon as this week, complicating the politics of any future veto threat from the Trump administration.

Additional sanctions in the bill target specific areas of the Russian economy, including mining and shipping.

Voting against the bill were Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, who continues to advocate for Putin and Russia on every occasion, and Rand Paul of Kentucky because … Aqua Buddha? In any case, the question is whether 97 yes votes is enough to keep Donald Trump from saying no.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj_vaiq77UAhWBy4MKHf50BbAQqUMIKjAA&url=http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/14/senate-passes-russia-sanctions-trump-limits-239553&usg=AFQjCNEQ2wNigvQ0GU4CHHYVAa9UG5nj7Q&sig2=C9PGtmjn6uCbdK_eoBdtVw

You won't be getting that oil money Donnie boy. You might want to call your buddy Vladimir, and break it to him gently.
Good.

Step up to the batter's box and tell me what Russia did to get into the crosshairs of USA.INC that would cause financial sanctions to be placed upon them
Full transcript: Sally Yates and James Clapper testify on Russian election interference

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

The U.S. Government confirms that two different RIS actors participated in the intrusion into a U.S. political party. The first actor group, known as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) 29, entered into the party’s systems in summer 2015, while the second, known as APT28, entered in spring 2016.

NPR: Matt Tait is CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a British cybersecurity firm. I asked him why he was skeptical.

TAIT: Well, it just seemed to fantastical to be true. Russia has very good hackers. You know ,this is a government agency. So initially, what I decided, I’m going to prove Crowd Strike wrong.

TAIT: Absolutely. And so I basically went through all of the technical evidence published by them. I looked through the malware signatures they had come up with, and eventually what you start to discover is there’s a very large number of little pieces of information, some of which point to Russia, some of them point to Russia very, very strongly. And eventually, I came to the conclusion that there’s no other reasonable conclusion you can make.

NPR: Why couldn’t it have been any Joe Blow sitting in their bed, as Donald Trump suggested, masquerading as Russian and putting on a good disguise here?

TAIT: So there’s two different hacks that took place. There’s one hack that was of the DNC, and there was a different hack of John Podesta.

TAIT: Absolutely. And there‘s a series of other smaller hacks of other Democratic members, but those are the two main hacks that took place. And the DNC hack used malware, it hacked into the DNC and placed malware on the DNC network, and we’re able to look at this malware and we’re able to analyze it and see where it talks to, which other companies have been hacked by similar malware, and quite quickly we’re able to see that this is malware that is communicating with servers that also were involved in the hack of the German parliament, the Bundestag. And one of the things that was very interesting is that this is a group we know quite well in the cybersecurity industry. This is a group called APT28. They’re very prolific. They’ve been involved in the hack of NATO organizations. They’ve been involved in the hack of journalists. They’ve been involved in the hack of people investigating the MH-17 airline that was shot down in Ukraine. And so this is a group that is so prolific that it is not really credible that this is an individual group.

NPR: Russia’s really good at this. Wouldn’t they disguise themselves better? Would Russia really want to put so many visible signs out there in the cybersecurity world that it was them and be identified?

TAIT: This wasn’t deliberate. They accidentally did this. And this is one of the problems of when you’re hacking at a really big scale, you look for efficiencies. There’s just not enough members of staff that Russia has in order to be able to hacks on this kind of scale and make sure they never screw up. What happens is that people make small mistakes, which means that when they’ve hacked a person A you might be able to say well that’s the same group, they’ve used the same malware, they’ve used the same control infrastructure as the hacker person B. Once you start to discover that there’s not just the DNC, there’s a thousand other people that have been hacked, all of whom are very narrowly tied to Russian military interests. The hacks of NATO, the hacks of the German parliament, the hacks of journalists reporting on things that Russia is not very happy about being reported on, you start quite quickly to build up this picture where in order for it to be someone else, it really has to be someone who is very prolific, who is doing this full time. There’s nobody else who would be willing to put that sort of cash, that sort of effort, into doing those types of hacks.

NPR: You said something very important there. You’re saying Russia, in your words, screwed up here.

TAIT: Absolutely. And this is normal. It’s actually very common that we see mistakes in malware, we see mistakes in hacking campaigns which allow us to work out who it was that did this.

NPR: Another major cybersecurity firm, Kaspersky Lab, very respected. We should mention Kaspersky is an NPR funder, and we do work with them on our computers. They said that there can be false flags. There can be a lack of reliable metrics. And Americans have gone through a situation with the Iraq War where there was talk of weapons of mass destruction, the intelligence community’s credibility was really called into question after that, but a President took this nation to war based on intelligence. I mean, are you absolutely certain here, or could we find later on down the road that there was some amazing hacker out there who was able to pull this off and make it look like Russia?

TAIT: One of the pieces of evidence that to me is more compelling than any other one is an email that was sent to John Podesta saying, hey we’re from Google, you need to change your password, and they sent him a link to click on. And when clicked on that link it took him to a page that wasn’t Google and asked him to input his password, and that’s how they hacked his account. But the URL shortening service that they used were able to basically look at the user that was logged in and discover all the other URLs they were shortening, and discovered this was not just the hack of John Podesta, it was the hack of a thousand people, and it becomes immediately, once you look at this, incredible to suggest this was a false flag operation. This was someone’s entire intelligence operation that was accidentally exposed due to this one error. So while false flag operations do exist and we have to always be on the lookout for them, the only plausible alternative explanation is that Russian intelligence was hacked. So it’s not credible to suggest this particular hack was a false flag operation.

TAIT: In attribution, nothing is impossible, but this is about as impossible as it comes.

NPR: Matt Tait is founder and CEO of Capital Alpha Security, a cybersecurity firm in Britain. We should also note here Kaspersky Lab, whose doubts about the hack that we cited, has its headquarters in Moscow.

DICKERSON: Vladimir Putin said that Russia did not interfere in the U.S. election. Did he lie?

HALEY: Well, I have always said we don’t trust Russia. And I think we’re all aware that Russia was involved in the elections.

You're welcome.

(snicker)

James Clapper???? The lying sack of jesuit trained shit that proclaimed that Americans were not being spied upon? You are going to hang your hat on the jesuit commie POS and you expect ME to believe he has any credibility?

Dude, you are barking up the wrong fucking tree. Clapper ( just like former CIA chief Brennan) is a fucking jesuit trained sack of lying shit and I would put a bullet in both of their heads before I would EVER believe a fucking thing that they ever had to say. You don't know the things that I do....you couldn't fathom it. Come at me with something more than a jesuit sack of shit like Clapper.

The bottom line is that Russia had no access to voting machines nor could they change votes...the DHS tried to hack voting machines in three states but were rebuffed. So what exactly is it that YOU believe Russia did to change the results of the election? Be specific and bear in mind that the Vault 7 revelations has shown that the CIA (aka "Crooks In Action) have the ability to mimic cyber attacks of any country.............so, what say ye?????

So what did Russia do, exactly? When did Russia become the enemy of the "Deep State" other than taking in Crimea????
Explain this to me.........

Ask the Republicans. They run things

No, I asked you, punkinpuss...........did they become an enemy before or after the Hildebeast took 143 million in exchange for signing off on a uranium deal....or was it after John Podesta was hired by Russia to lobby for the lifting opf sanctions that should have never been placed on them to begin with?

I want to know what YOU think you know............and I bet it ain't much.

(snicker)

Thats cute and all but that doesn't change the fact that Republicans have the majority yet you are blaming phantom Democrats for the unbelievable assertion that just because Russia committed Cyber Espionage against our nation doesn't mean they are necessarily bad.

Rofl. Fuck off stupid.

You're welcome.

(snicker)

James Clapper???? The lying sack of jesuit trained shit that proclaimed that Americans were not being spied upon? You are going to hang your hat on the jesuit commie POS and you expect ME to believe he has any credibility?

Dude, you are barking up the wrong fucking tree. Clapper ( just like former CIA chief Brennan) is a fucking jesuit trained sack of lying shit and I would put a bullet in both of their heads before I would EVER believe a fucking thing that they ever had to say. You don't know the things that I do....you couldn't fathom it. Come at me with something more than a jesuit sack of shit like Clapper.

The bottom line is that Russia had no access to voting machines nor could they change votes...the DHS tried to hack voting machines in three states but were rebuffed. So what exactly is it that YOU believe Russia did to change the results of the election? Be specific and bear in mind that the Vault 7 revelations has shown that the CIA (aka "Crooks In Action) have the ability to mimic cyber attacks of any country.............so, what say ye?????
Haven't you already figured out that G5000 is a Progressive Independent?

So what did Russia do, exactly? When did Russia become the enemy of the "Deep State" other than taking in Crimea????
They became a Deep State enemy, when like Libya, they decided to have a real gold backed currency

You're welcome.

(snicker)

Yeah! Plus Clapper is Bald! I mean what gives? What a loser. Are you going to side with a bald fat loser? Rabble rabble snort snort.

So what policies does she set exactly?????? And BTW, the money can be easily tracked. 100 million dollars isn't diddly squat to someone like Ivanka Trump or Donald Trump....now the Hildebeast? Hell, she would steal a dime from a beggar before she would ever donate one.....and you can take that to the bank.

(snicker)

Step up to the batter's box and tell me what Russia did to get into the crosshairs of USA.INC that would cause financial sanctions to be placed upon them.......I know....but what I want to know is do YOU know and as to why?

You are a mere piker and totally uninformed......stupid fucks like you make me sick and it makes me not care about what you will be facing. There is this sad side of me (that I wish I didn't have) that wants the satisfaction of watching you freak out when the SHTF. There is a side of me that wants to see you sitting on the curb with your little head in your hands praying that your beloved "gubermint" is going to "whisk in" and save the day and it's not gonna happen. I want to see your gnashing of teeth and how you will turn on your neighbor because he/she has something that will prolong your worthless life because you didn't prepare. I would really enjoy watching that.......I hope you spare me a thought.

(snicker)

You're welcome.

(snicker)

Translation: "Nuh uh!"

(snicker)

Yeah, I'm a progressive. That's why I'm pro-life, pro-gun, want to ban tax expenditures, have called for decentralization of government powers, called for raising the retirement age, and want government out of our healthcare.

You're a fucking genius!

Oh, and I am a retired military man who hates the KGB thug and Russia. That just SCREAMS progressive. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Yeah, I'm a progressive. That's why I'm pro-life, pro-gun, want to ban tax expenditures, have called for decentralization of government powers, and want government out of our healthcare.

You're a fucking genius!
99% of your postings in the last 2 years have been progressive.
You were much more conservative before that.
Trump drove you over a ledge.
Probably because you think he's going to make your portfolio take a dive.

Yeah, I'm a progressive. That's why I'm pro-life, pro-gun, want to ban tax expenditures, have called for decentralization of government powers, and want government out of our healthcare.

You're a fucking genius!
Nope. Wrong, tard. When did you suffer your brain injury?

You're a fucking genius!
Nope. Wrong, tard. When did you suffer your brain injury?
In the last year reading your irrational Trump hating posts.

No, I asked you, punkinpuss...........did they become an enemy before or after the Hildebeast took 143 million in exchange for signing off on a uranium deal....or was it after John Podesta was hired by Russia to lobby for the lifting opf sanctions that should have never been placed on them to begin with?

(snicker)

Thats cute and all but that doesn't change the fact that Republicans have the majority yet you are blaming phantom Democrats for the unbelievable assertion that just because Russia committed Cyber Espionage against our nation doesn't mean they are necessarily bad.

Rofl. Fuck off stupid.

Trump has very little support within the neocon party because the neocons and leftards are on the same team and they have this great scam going that they fear Trump will interfere with because he knows how a business should be run....because your beloved "gubermint" is a corporate entity and I have explained that to those on this forum NUMEROUS times..........it's a CORPORATION.....get it, dipshit??????

You're welcome.

(snicker)

G5000 is an uninformed dipshit incapable of thinking for his/her self.........that much is obvious.

(snicker)

Rofl. Fuck off stupid.

Trump has very little support within the neocon party because the neocons and leftards are on the same team and they have this great scam going that they fear Trump will interfere with because he knows how a business should be run....because your beloved "gubermint" is a corporate entity and I have explained that to those on this forum NUMEROUS times..........it's a CORPORATION.....get it, dipshit??????

That's what I said...Phantom Democrats everywhere. Boo!

97 to 2. Argue with that. It ain't 97 Democrats in the Senate clown.

Indeependent

Let's see how retarded you are.

Try to guess which person is the progressive:

Person A:

A registered Democrat during the entire Bush Administration.

Made friends with Nancy Pelosi and asked for her to impeach Bush.

Demanded on CNN (fake news) that we cut and run from Iraq.

Said he was "very pro choice".

Blogged that Bill Clinton was a great President and that Hillary would make a great one, too.

Accused George Bush of lying about WMDs to get us into a war with Iraq.

Has made most of his political donations to Democrats and supported liberal causes.

Donated at least $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

Wrote a book where he demanded we have single payer health care.

Wrote a book where he demanded an Assault Weapons Ban.

Person B:

A registered Republican his entire adult life.

Vigorously pro-life.

Pro Second Amendment.

Wants to ban tax expenditures so the playing field will be level, so we can lower tax rates for EVERYONE, and so we can lower our national debt.

Favors the Fair Tax.

Served over 20 years on active duty. (Person A played soldier in college but dodged the draft)

Consistently calls for federal powers to be eliminated and returned to the states.

Repeatedly calls for the SS and Medicare eligibility ages to be immediately raised to 70 and indexed to 9 percent of the population going foward.

Has called for less government in our health care and that we should be buying our health insurance the same way we buy all our other insurance (home, life, auto, etc.)

Gosh. I wonder which one you'll pick, genius?

Last edited:

You're welcome.

(snicker)

Yeah! Plus Clapper is Bald! I mean what gives? What a loser. Are you going to side with a bald fat loser? Rabble rabble snort snort.

Clapper is a fucking JESUIT....what part of that is giving you the most angst over? He lied in front of congress and said that we were not being spied on when he fucking knew damn well that ALL our data is collected by the 80 fusion centers and then sent to the mega-data center in Utah, the disgusting jesuit sack of shit lied his ASS off....and you believe that he has any credibility? But of course you do! Jesuits created the communist model and mentored Engels and Marx....communism is what ne'er do-well asswipes like you believe is what this country needs......over my dead body and I mean that literally, punkinpuss........get it now?

Forum List

Back