Senate leader Schumer met with Microsoft President Brad Smith to discuss tech antitrust bills

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-NY., met with Microsoft President Brad Smith last week while visiting Washington state and discussed bipartisan tech antitrust legislation that Schumer is expected to bring up for a vote later this summer.

The top Democrat, who is in charge of the Senate’s agenda, discussed policy with Smith including two bills that are making their way through Congress right now related to increasing Big Tech competition, the journalism industry, and data privacy, four sources familiar with the meeting told FedScoop.

...In particular, Senate bills S.2992 and S.2710 would restrict the collection and use of internal vendor data and place restrictions on Big Tech companies related to installing and uninstalling software on their products.

I don't see Schumer coming clean about "dark money". I'm pretty sure that Microsoft will be fighting anything that limits them in any way.

What would be the difference between Bill Gates having his on session with congress and this? What if it was the other way around? What if it's just everyday business deals?

What would be the difference between Bill Gates having his on session with congress and this? What if it was the other way around? What if it's just everyday business deals?
Microsoft will do everything in its' power to screw the US.

That's the only thing that I can see coming out of this deal. I really don't like Schumer. I cringe when I watch him speak.

Forum List

Back