Senate democrats send letter to the speaker blocking new bill

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Explain to me how this scenario is NOT COMPLETE PARTISAN BS.......

The speaker hasn't even finished fighting with his own house about the bill. Not only that the bill isn't even in final form yet and has yet to be scored by the cbo.
But somehow EVERY senate democrat has signed a letter to the speaker saying they will vote against it. And Obama has vowed to veto it.

The damn bill isn't even completely written yet and this is the response of democrats who claim to want compromise?

News flash, were out of time. The speaker has submitted a 2012 budget, the ccb bill, and tomorrow this bill. Is he now supposed to make another dam bill before democrats submit at least one! After all you guys just blew our last 4 trillion.

• Banned
Obama and the senate have threatened a veto and tabling EVERY bill the house has put forward. How bout these tools but something on the table. Negotiating does not nor has it ever consisted of one side doing ALL the work while the others just sit and say veto veto veto.

All they have offered is words and platitudes and blame. Nothing of substance. Especially Obama. What an epic democratic fail.

Obama and the senate have threatened a veto and tabling EVERY bill the house has put forward. How bout these tools but something on the table. Negotiating does not nor has it ever consisted of one side doing ALL the work while the others just sit and say veto veto veto.

All they have offered is words and platitudes and blame. Nothing of substance. Especially Obama. What an epic democratic fail.

I think you will find the Senate will be debating and voting on the House Bill.

From what I've been hearing on the news Boener tweeked his bill to front load the cuts. I think he will get some of the Tea Party votes, enough to pass it. That will probably happen sometime today.

Once it gets to the Senate Reid can tweek it so he can claim some of the credit for it. All face is saved. Hallelujah.

Does anyone think Barry won't sign it??

Of course only time will tell.

Last edited:

The speaker hasn't even finished fighting with his own house about the bill. Not only that the bill isn't even in final form yet and has yet to be scored by the cbo.
But somehow EVERY senate democrat has signed a letter to the speaker saying they will vote against it. And Obama has vowed to veto it.

The damn bill isn't even completely written yet and this is the response of democrats who claim to want compromise?

News flash, were out of time. The speaker has submitted a 2012 budget, the ccb bill, and tomorrow this bill. Is he now supposed to make another dam bill before democrats submit at least one! After all you guys just blew our last 4 trillion.

Because the Democrats are the real 'party of NO'.

NO to compromise with Republicans.

Let the Senate DEMs and Obama go on record in striking down the bill...

And during the next election.. trumpet it from the hills and don't let them twist facts in an attempt to paint this on the 'conservatives' or the republicans

And during the next election.. trumpet it from the hills and don't let them twist facts in an attempt to paint this on the 'conservatives' or the republicans

I find it pathetic that Obama and the democrats are blaming the tea party for Obama and the democrats not coming up with a plan themselves.

I mean...didnt they imply the tea party were a small group of astroturf irrlevant radicals?

Now they are claiming they can control government?

I find it pathetic that Obama and the democrats are blaming the tea party for Obama and the democrats not coming up with a plan themselves.

I mean...didnt they imply the tea party were a small group of astroturf irrlevant radicals?

Now they are claiming they can control government?
Exactly. Total blame goes to obamaturd and the dimwits.

They write letters saying what can pass instead of taking votes. They prefer smoke filled back-rooms to the transparency of a real vote. That's just who they are. They always oppose transparency.

Well hell.

I thought this was the most transparant Govt in history.

Barry and flamming idiot Pelosi said it was.

You mean he lied??

I guess Pelosi is still draining that swamp.

It’s a game and the Dems think if they cause the default people will blame the Republicans... Now I don't want to take sides but the Reps have passed a couple budgets and over the next year Dems will lose a lot of ground as this will in fact become common knowledge as it will probably be brought up in every debate and so on.

I guess we can assume that our liberal friends here believe as we do that this is all bs. I mean they would argue till the moon comes up if they thought this thread was wrong. I'll accept their silence as an admission of guilt.

1. the senate cannot block a bill in the house.
2. if the senate doesn't vote for the bill, it doesn't matter whether the president would vote for it or not.
3. is it a bad idea to indicate that a bill is not acceptable BEFORE the vote so that it can be re-tooled?

buy a clue...

2. if the senate doesn't vote for the bill, it doesn't matter whether the president would vote for it or not.
3. is it a bad idea to indicate that a bill is not acceptable BEFORE the vote so that it can be re-tooled?

buy a clue...

1. The senate can block a bill that was voted for by the house...as we saw
2. there is no reason for the senate not to vote for the bill. Usually a vote for a bill is preceded by a debate within the senate..and during a debate exchanges of ideas take place. Refusing to vote for a bill gives reason for no one to exchange ideas.
3. Is it a bad idea to take a bill that has passed the house and debate the virtues and the negatives of it....so that it can be re-tooled?

See how that works Juillian?

buy a clue...
Jillian, no one said the senate could block a house bill, only it's progress through the legislative process. Reid says that all democrats will vote against it but he can't know that until it is debated. The senate, through the actual process of debate can retool the bill and reach a compromise that would lead to a conference negotiation, senate and house.

To not do so is to cut the process short. The Republican bill, if it passes, and makes it to the senate will be one up on Reid's bill which won't have the distinction of surviving that process or the constitutional mandate of all financial bills.

IMO, Reid and Schumer are afraid of the process so they resort to threats and sidestep the institutional process of debate. They could deny the bill a cloture vote but they dare not.

If they do that (which they won't or can't) they will share the spotlight with the One, who thus far has proposed nothing at all except his ploy of using Joe Biden as the WH liason as a way of creating the appearance of overseeing the negotiations, but can be seen as little other than a stalling strategy to create the condition of emergency and crisis we find ourselves now.

Last edited:

Grampa - Remember Boehner said this was a bi-partisan bill. Apparently he wasn't telling the truth and is doing the same thing that the right accused Pelosi of doing.

Sadly we can't ship them both off.

Forum List

Back