Senate Armed Services Committee Would Require Women to Register With Selective Service....You want equality, well you got it!

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Senate Armed Services Committee this week voted 23-3 to send the $777.9-billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022 to the Senate floor.

Among the provisions, the bill "Amends the Military Selective Service Act to require the registration of women for Selective Service," just as all men in the United States must register when they turn 18.

(House Republicans in 2016 rejected a measure requiring women to register.)

The Senate requirement for women to register follows a March 2020 report from the National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service, established by Congress to study the issue of potentially drafting women, among other things.

The Commission concluded that "the time is right to extend Selective Service System registration to include men and women, between the ages of 18 and 26. This is a necessary and fair step, making it possible to draw on the talent of a unified Nation in a time of national emergency."

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

But shouldn’t all the other 24 genders be required as well?

The Senate Armed Services Committee this week voted 23-3 to send the $777.9-billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022 to the Senate floor.

Among the provisions, the bill "Amends the Military Selective Service Act to require the registration of women for Selective Service," just as all men in the United States must register when they turn 18.

(House Republicans in 2016 rejected a measure requiring women to register.)

The Senate requirement for women to register follows a March 2020 report from the National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service, established by Congress to study the issue of potentially drafting women, among other things.

The Commission concluded that "the time is right to extend Selective Service System registration to include men and women, between the ages of 18 and 26. This is a necessary and fair step, making it possible to draw on the talent of a unified Nation in a time of national emergency."

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

But shouldn’t all the other 24 genders be required as well?

There is absolutely no reason for your antagonistic, misogynistic, and downright anti-American headline, so you need to explain it. Female Americans are as proud of our nation as male Americans are.

My aunt/godmother was a USAF lifer, and might have patched your ass up in some camp in Vietnam. She almost got me to sign up when I finished college, but I had serious questions about Nixon being my commander-in-chief.

Women in public life have always been subjected to open bigotry. It was wonderful to see an American woman who was trained as an astronaut and then precluded by open, unapologetic sexist bigotry from going into space finally get her chance to fly with Branson after enduring decades of discrimination.

Universal conscription in the Israeli army has helped thousands of Israeli women to grow into independent, skilled adults. There is an uncounted number of girls who are being held at home by their parents, mostly parents in the cults who don't want to allow their daughters to meet the world and want them to be sex slaves only.

Remember the sniper in the Soviet Army in WWII with the highest number of confirmed kills was a woman.

Forum List

Back