Seeking to find a life far from the Madding Crowd?

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Jun 5, 2008
Maine
You might try this alternative lifestyle

"Christopher Knight disappeared into the wilderness in central Maine 27 years ago, but now the man known as the North Pond Hermit has re-entered society, thanks to being arrested on suspicion of burglary. Knight, who is 47, has led a remarkable life. For reasons unknown, he began living in a well-hidden hut in the forest, subsisting on what he stole in more than 1,000 burglaries, police say. He claims his last human conversation was with a random hiker in the mid-1990s. Despite his bizarre existence, authorities are quick to acknowledge Knight's resilience and intelligence. "I couldn't fathom why he has done what he has done," said Sgt. Terry Hughes of the Maine Warden Service. "To maintain his position is phenomenal."

Christopher Knight, North Pond hermit, lived in Maine woods until being arrested

Sometimes I can understand why someone would want to get the hell away from people. But other times I crave the companionship of other people. So I won't be heading off into the wilderness any time soon. Too bad, because I own 406 acres of Alaska wilderness, I could just go there. It's for sale by the way. : )

Well this guy was not living off the land, but to survive in the Maine woods for 26 years living only on what you could steal from people's summer camps is still an amazing story.

This guy's story makes Robinson Crusoe look like a piker

Forum List

Back