Secret takeover of the USA

Okay. I didn't suggest you follow the UN, but that democracy sounds like a noble goal (one that your army is killing to achieve) so why eschew it at home? That question still stands. No matter America's 'true' nature of republic or democracy - you are fighting abroad and using democracy as a reason.

The electoral college is fine. As long as you don't believe it's democratic, or talk a good game of how democracy is so important that it's worth forcing on another nation. What is mobocracy?

Also - you don't follow anything the UN asks... unless it suits you... so why any beef with it?

And really - despotic regimes are America's footprint in the ME for the last 50 years or longer... why is it so important that people there have rights now? Why not in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, or 50s?
9/11 woke many up, those despotic regimes truly are dangerous, to us and their people.

I'll just try and get at each point as I can.

Electoral college seems like the opposite of 'every vote counts' as those who live in large urban centres have less democatic right than the rural folks.

Someone can become Pres with an overwhelming majority opposed... that is undemocratic (which is only bad if you like democracy).

You liberals talk up the rights of the minority but you really don't believe in it do you? The reason our founders set things up this way was so the smaller guys would get a fair shake and thus everybody had a more fair representation. Of course liberals would love it if the electoral college was eliminated. Since liberalism flourishes in the urban centers they would get an unfair advantage over the less populated areas.

Iraq was threatening USA? Come on... American troops, ships, planes, missiles are all over that region... and Iraq was pretty bankrupt and decaying anyway, that is info the intelligence community had, in fact most of the world knew it. Also, after reading some quotes of Daniel Benjamin, from a Wash Post article (I believe) invading Iraq would destabilize the controls on any WMD, opening up a situation where proliferation and black market sales could occur (bad news I assume).
Per your favored leader:
"Now, I believe the facts that have brought us to this fateful vote are not in doubt," New York Sen. Clinton stated in her October 2002 speech.. "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... ."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/21/EDGRJN77KU1.DTL

Plus, these days every small nation knows that nothing deters US aggression but having serious weapons... so the only possible protection (when International law is disregarded) is arming yourself to the teeth with the deadliest shit you can find. Which is why N. Korea is left alone, but goddamn imagine Iraq actually had nukes? They would still be run by Saddam... thousands of citizens would still be alive, homes still upright...
Which is exactly why we need to prevent small irresponsible nations from getting nukes. How the heck do you know those citizens would still be alive under Saddam? Seems to me Saddam went on several rampages during his lifetime, why would he have stopped? Again, you must think power hungry dictators will automatically become all nicey-nice if we just stop "bothering" them. Typical lib.

And as for Israel in the middle east... it's almost like poor little America surrounded by big bad Canada and Mexico. Except Israel is actively attacking arabs and violating the law... so there are REAL grievances against Israel, not just racist BS that jews should all die, there is certainly that - but a host of legal, honest issues that the Arabs around it have.
Your anti-semitism is really showing. What exactly is your real heritage? You don't sound much like an American to me. Israel has bent over backwards to create peace in the ME. And all you and your arab friends can do is continue to bitch and act like the bloodthirsty hateful cowards you really are. We know your goal is to destroy Israel.

Forum List

Back