Second Only To Trump.....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
....who is the very best at getting under the scales of his opponents.....

....this announcement by the NYYankee's minor league affilitate is hysterical.

"One of the New York Yankees' minor league affiliates is planning to have some fun at the Houston Astros' expense. The Staten Island Yankees announced Tuesday on Twitter that they will give away mini trash cans to the first 500 fans that attend their Sept. 3 game against the Tri-City Valley Cats.18 mins ago"
Yankees affiliate to give away mini trash cans - Bergen Record

https://www.northjersey.com › story › sports › mlb › yankees › 2020/01/14

EORLDLLX0AEejls

"The big league Astros made trash cans famous after their sign-stealing method — which involved banging a trash can to signal upcoming pitches to the batter’s box — got exposed last November.

The Astros system, which included illegal use of a live camera field, cost Houston draft picks, $5 million in fines, and their manager and GM — both A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow were suspended and fined for their involvement and negligence. Hinch and Luhnow were then fired. The Astros stole signs through the 2017 season and through the playoffs, beating the Yankees on their way to a championship.

The Yankees-ValleyCats giveaway is tied to a Sept. 3 game between both teams. Tickets to the game went on sale Tuesday."
Staten Island Yankees giving away mini trash cans in epic troll job

Don’t see the fans flocking through the gates to get a mini trash can

"The big league Astros made trash cans famous after their sign-stealing method — which involved banging a trash can to signal upcoming pitches to the batter’s box — got exposed last November.

The Astros system, which included illegal use of a live camera field, cost Houston draft picks, $5 million in fines, and their manager and GM — both A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow were suspended and fined for their involvement and negligence. Hinch and Luhnow were then fired. The Astros stole signs through the 2017 season and through the playoffs, beating the Yankees on their way to a championship.

The Yankees-ValleyCats giveaway is tied to a Sept. 3 game between both teams. Tickets to the game went on sale Tuesday."
There has to be other teams that did it. But the Astros went far into the playoffs and won the series. Baseball loves to gives itself a black eye.

There has to be other teams that did it. But the Astros went far into the playoffs and won the series. Baseball loves to gives itself a black eye.

Kinda harsh on the punishments, too.

I can hate the 'stros, but putting Hinch out of work....too much.

Watchin' out for Cora, too.

Former Mets manager Bobby Valentine admittedly prides himself in his ability to steal signs.

" [Bobby] Valentine, who managed the Mets from 1996 to 2002, admitted that he's tried to indirectly steal signs using cameras. The 69-year-old said "cooler heads prevailed" when asked if he'd considered installing more cameras to help understand opponent's signs.

"I'd be lying to you if I didn't tell you that I had cameras that were right out in the open, next to the dugout that would film the hitter and film the pitcher from the different perspectives for our teaching," Valentine said. "When the camera was on the pitcher from the first-base dugout sometimes you saw the third-base coach and I'd be lying to you if I didn't tell you that I tried to see what the third base coach was doing in slow motion. You bet I tried ... but it was there to see."
Bobby Valentine On WFAN: We've Had 70 Years To 'Figure Out' How To Control Sign-Stealing

Forum List

Back