Scientists Develop Chemical That May Stop Aging Process

I specifically mention 'premature aging' diseases and you argue by posting about premature aging diseases. Wow...

I specifically mention 'premature aging' diseases and you argue by posting about premature aging diseases. Wow...

These are all your statements on this thread and nowhere do you use the phrase 'premature aging'.

You can't stop aging.

'Dude' a little muscle development is not reversed aging.

No you can't. You're gonna die just like everyone else with a bunch of clueless doctors standing around charging $100 an hour to say I dunno.

they aren't living longer[/B]. You can't change nature. With that I have always known aging is not a matter of time. It is a process. Progeria proves that. The best science can hope to do is increase the quality of life 'aka' make you a more attractive corpse. The reality of the world is you start out in a onesy and you end up in one. If you could find some way to allow people to not be drooling in a nursing home at 80 that would be worth the price of admission.

Not one time do you say 'premature aging'.

Why don't you wait to respond when you have sobered up?

Mean time, medical technology is racing ahead at exponentially increasing rates of longevity. Actuarial escape is within the next twenty years, but I get the notion you don't plan to be then anyway.

Hope the lab wasn't in Raccoon City.:eek:

Australian and US researchers have come up with a composite that can turn back aging of muscles in rats, claiming it would pave way to reverse human aging.

When utilized in experiments, the composite provided rats with more vitality, toning the muscles, diminishing inflammation, and leading to major advances in insulin fight.

Scientists claim that it really turned around the process of aging, not merely decelerating it, and state that for mankind, the impact could be one where a person who is 60 feeling like he is 20.

Professor David Sinclair who is a geneticist at University of New South Wales states that “aging at the molecular level has been studied by me now for almost 20 years and I never thought I would see the day where aging is reversed. I believed I would be fortunate to decelerate it only a little”.

The study team stated that their discoveries can even be utilized for cancer treatment, type 2 diabetes and other diseases.

Earlier studies have demonstrated the manner in which a chemical called NAD commences this communication cascade between the nucleus and mitochondria and levels of this chemical diminish as we grow old. In this initial study, the scientists dealt with a composite that cells transformed into NAD to repair the communications network and rapidly recreate both communication and mitochondrial purpose. Earlier attempts have only succeeded at decelerating the debility of NAD by way of diet and exercise.

Scientists at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) did their research on animal models to show the efficiency of their new composite.

It's research like this that makes me worry about genetic research in general. Talk about a Pandora's Box. Evolution has seen fit that everything we are is the result of our genes. Start messing around with that and I worry what the result will be. And more specifically, how long until we see genetic weapons that can target selected genes common to groups of people, wipe them out yet not harm people without the gene. Taysach's, Sickle Cell, 'gay' genes coming readily to mind.

Progeria is premature aging idiot.

Lol, so what?

You said that you specifically mention 'premature aging' but you did not specifically mention it, moron.

I can understand you being a dickless little bitch who has to shit on everyones parade, but don't act like it's my bad that I caught you in a very specific lie, dumbass.

Australian and US researchers have come up with a composite that can turn back aging of muscles in rats, claiming it would pave way to reverse human aging.

When utilized in experiments, the composite provided rats with more vitality, toning the muscles, diminishing inflammation, and leading to major advances in insulin fight.

Scientists claim that it really turned around the process of aging, not merely decelerating it, and state that for mankind, the impact could be one where a person who is 60 feeling like he is 20.

Professor David Sinclair who is a geneticist at University of New South Wales states that “aging at the molecular level has been studied by me now for almost 20 years and I never thought I would see the day where aging is reversed. I believed I would be fortunate to decelerate it only a little”.

The study team stated that their discoveries can even be utilized for cancer treatment, type 2 diabetes and other diseases.

Earlier studies have demonstrated the manner in which a chemical called NAD commences this communication cascade between the nucleus and mitochondria and levels of this chemical diminish as we grow old. In this initial study, the scientists dealt with a composite that cells transformed into NAD to repair the communications network and rapidly recreate both communication and mitochondrial purpose. Earlier attempts have only succeeded at decelerating the debility of NAD by way of diet and exercise.

Scientists at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) did their research on animal models to show the efficiency of their new composite.

It's research like this that makes me worry about genetic research in general. Talk about a Pandora's Box. Evolution has seen fit that everything we are is the result of our genes. Start messing around with that and I worry what the result will be. And more specifically, how long until we see genetic weapons that can target selected genes common to groups of people, wipe them out yet not harm people without the gene. Taysach's, Sickle Cell, 'gay' genes coming readily to mind.

But evolution is also arbitrary and random in various particulars until a change in environment makes the mutation more viable. So we go around with half baked mutations just in case we ever need them, does that in and of itself justify keeping mutations we can presently see direct harm from?

What is the genetic advantage in having Diabetes? Weaknesses for cancer, heart attack, stroke, or Alzheimer's?

What we can see needs to be replaced we should replace, IMO, and those things done purely for cosmetic, like changing the color of your eyes and/or hair, etc, are where I think more rigorous criteria and care are called for.

If you look at the difference between some old folks and others?

You'll quickly see that there must be some difference...perhaps some of it is genetic while other factors have to do with the life one leads

Some people are old at 40 while others don't get old till their 70 or 80.

I think the greatest aging factor mankind faces is STRESS.

Stress ages people rapidly.

If you look at the difference between some old folks and others?

You'll quickly see that there must be some difference...perhaps some of it is genetic while other factors have to do with the life one leads

Some people are old at 40 while others don't get old till their 70 or 80.

I think the greatest aging factor mankind faces is STRESS.

Stress ages people rapidly.

Stress plays a role, no doubt.

So much more reason to legalize pot and anything else one might need to reduce stress.

The best stress reliever is prayer and having a faith.

But that isn't said in polite company any more these days, lol.

After which, they become crazed flesh eating Zombies! :eusa_shifty:

I was thinking what the FDA label notes might be..

SIDE EFFECTS -- diarreah, dry mouth, sudden urges to eat cheese, strange skin lesions, increased libido and body odor..

RARE cases of penis erosion, fart asphixiation, congestive heart failure and suicide have been observed.

Recommended that you never operate a motor vehicle or any appliance more complicated than a microwave ever again....

im sure it wont be as attractive as you might think.

After which, they become crazed flesh eating Zombies! :eusa_shifty:

I was thinking what the FDA label notes might be..

SIDE EFFECTS -- diarreah, dry mouth, sudden urges to eat cheese, strange skin lesions, increased libido and body odor..

RARE cases of penis erosion, fart asphixiation, congestive heart failure and suicide have been observed.

Recommended that you never operate a motor vehicle or any appliance more complicated than a microwave ever again....

im sure it wont be as attractive as you might think.

What are you talking about?

The only reason that people will be able to live so long, should God allow it, is due to our bodies becoming renewed and rejuvenated to that of young people.

And who gives a shit about being attractive anyway?

As long as my wife loves me I am gold. Everyone else can kiss my ass.

If aging will be reversed, then will we never get old? And if we will never get old, then will we never die? And if nobody will ever die, then will we never get a break from our mothers? And if we will never get a break from our mothers, then will we ever get to talk to a`girl?

Or if we will never age and never die, then will we be the property of our employers/customers forever, no breaktime ever?

No wonder the Bible says that there will be no rest for the vicked.

If aging will be reversed, then will we never get old? And if we will never get old, then will we never die? And if nobody will ever die, then will we never get a break from our mothers? And if we will never get a break from our mothers, then will we ever get to talk to a`girl?

Or if we will never age and never die, then will we be the property of our employers/customers forever, no breaktime ever?

lol, but seriously. I think people will work and save money till they can live off the interest and then go into semi-retirement, working when they feel they need some extra cash, but not because they will have to.

And people will still have fatal accidents, etc.

Don't let yourself be the property of your employer. Get Dish Network.

Seriously though yes you will still get old and die. You'll just look a bit netter and won't be wearing a diaper.

Seriously though yes you will still get old and die. You'll just look a bit netter and won't be wearing a diaper.

Not if you get the treatments. You will advance in calendar age, but your body will remain the equivalent of a young body.

Yes you will die from accidents, disease yet uncured, suicides, etc.

But you wont die from old age if you get the treatments.

You have a funny way of only accepting the facts that you like, and for some reason you do not like the idea of indefinite life spans.

Have you already put a hard-coded end to your life somehow?

Who wants to live forever? (Now I am thinking of the movie Highlander and the song by Queen).

I don't.

No need to worry about that. The universe has an inherant bias toward anything living forever. It is going to kill you, sooner or later. For the adventerous ones, sooner. However, the prospect of an indefinate lifespan is wonderful. At 70, I realize that I have just began to learn of the wonders of this world. Were I to live to 140 I realize that at that age, still I would have only had a small taste of what life has to offer.

The possibilities of an indefinite life span are that we could finally find the limits of the intellect that nature has blessed mankind with. I think of people like Earnst Mayr, who published his last book at the age of 98, and wonder what he could have accomplished had he had 400 years. For those of us that view life as an oppertunity to constantly expand our horizons, an indefinate lifespan would be a blessing. For those that fear expanding horizons, a curse, and they would end their own lives, sooner rather than later.

Who wants to live forever? (Now I am thinking of the movie Highlander and the song by Queen).

I don't.

No need to worry about that. The universe has an inherant bias toward anything living forever. It is going to kill you, sooner or later. For the adventerous ones, sooner. However, the prospect of an indefinate lifespan is wonderful. At 70, I realize that I have just began to learn of the wonders of this world. Were I to live to 140 I realize that at that age, still I would have only had a small taste of what life has to offer.

The possibilities of an indefinite life span are that we could finally find the limits of the intellect that nature has blessed mankind with. I think of people like Earnst Mayr, who published his last book at the age of 98, and wonder what he could have accomplished had he had 400 years. For those of us that view life as an oppertunity to constantly expand our horizons, an indefinate lifespan would be a blessing. For those that fear expanding horizons, a curse, and they would end their own lives, sooner rather than later.

Lol, what a bunch of fatalistic garbage!

MOST living organisms are 'immortal', dude. Bacteria colonies mostly divide into new bacteria and don't die. Viruses don't die but hijack other cells and replicate themselves.

The bacteria we have today are the SAME BACTERIA that emerged hundreds of millions of years ago, merely divided repeatedly into greater number.

Biological immortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tardigrades[edit]

Tardigrades, also known as "water bears", are highly resilient microscopic animals. They are capable of surviving extremes such as heat, radiation, and drought by going into suspended animation, where their metabolism slows to near zero and they simply wait out the harsh conditions until the environment is more favorable.

Bacteria[edit]

Bacteria are said to be biologically immortal, but only at the level of the colony. An individual bacterium can easily die. The two daughter bacteria resulting from cell division of a parent bacterium can be regarded as unique individuals or as members of a biologically "immortal" colony. The two daughter cells can be regarded as "rejuvenated" copies of the parent cell because damaged macromolecules have been split between the two cells and diluted. In the same way stem cells and gametes can be regarded as "immortal".

Hydra[edit]

Hydras are a genus of simple, freshwater animals possessing radial symmetry and no post-mitotic cells. The fact that all cells continually divide allows defects and toxins to be diluted. It has been suggested that hydras do not undergo senescence, and, as such, are biologically immortal.[10] However, this does not explain how hydras are consequently able to maintain telomere lengths.

Jellyfish[edit]

Turritopsis dohrnii, or Turritopsis nutricula, is a small (5 millimeters (0.20 in)) species of jellyfish that uses transdifferentiation to replenish cells after sexual reproduction. This cycle can repeat indefinitely, potentially rendering it biologically immortal. This organism originated in the Caribbean sea, but has now spread around the world.

Lobsters[edit]

Further information: Lobster longevity

Older lobsters are more fertile than younger lobsters. Lobsters, like many other decapod crustaceans, grow throughout life, and are able to add new muscle cells at each molt.[11] Lobster express telomerase as adults through most tissue, which has been suggested to be related to their longevity.[12] Large lobsters are estimated to be perhaps 50 years old, although determining age is difficult.[13]

Planarian flatworms[edit]

Planarian flatworms (both sexual and asexual) appear to exhibit an ability to live indefinitely and have an "apparently limitless [telomere] regenerative capacity fueled by a population of highly proliferative adult stem cells".[14]

None of this is beyond our technological reach.

Within a few decades at most, God Willing, we will have indefinite, healthy, full functional life spans.

It is not that big a deal to me, as I find my personal likelihood of making it to actuarial escape to be a low probability.

But my wife and kids can and likely will, if God approves.

Last edited:

Not if you get the treatments. You will advance in calendar age, but your body will remain the equivalent of a young body.

You have a funny way of only accepting the facts that you like, and for some reason you do not like the idea of indefinite life spans.

Not only single cell or sub-cell organisms can live forever, but a few relatively complex ones too, for example the starfish.

If people live forever, then they will run into problems, because there are no predators that feed on people primarily. What is better, to die in natural causes, or to die after waiting for your murder/war/enslavement?

There are already minimum 100 times more people alive than what Earth can support. Pretty much every technological concoction that we have invented to elongate our lives has made people less healthy. Now even food has more chemicals than food in it, and more people are sicker than ever. How do we all fancy a sick albeit endless life? Especially in such a semi-artificial tweaked body? The Bible is right again, Hell is eternal.

Not only single cell or sub-cell organisms can live forever, but a few relatively complex ones too, for example the starfish.

If people live forever, then they will run into problems, because there are no predators that feed on people primarily. What is better, to die in natural causes, or to die after waiting for your murder/war/enslavement?

I would think people will find something to keep them busy other than simply lying like a slug and waiting to die.

I have a million things I want to do and learn before I die, and I think this might be a God given means to do some of that.

There are already minimum 100 times more people alive than what Earth can support. Pretty much every technological concoction that we have invented to elongate our lives has made people less healthy. Now even food has more chemicals than food in it, and more people are sicker than ever. How do we all fancy a sick albeit endless life? Especially in such a semi-artificial tweaked body? The Bible is right again, Hell is eternal.

No reason to believe our life would be sick. People are only discovering the problems with chemical additives over the last few decades. Advertising for the crap food companies goes unabated and persuades people to eat things that taste good but are bad for them.

These can change easily.

And technology is also finding new ways of producing things so that people will not have to work to live but only to get things that are entirely optional, and most will be able to make whatever they want right in their own garages.

As to the planet being over-occupied; the entire planet could live in an area the size of Texas with a density and quality of life similar to Monaco.

The only reason we have global poverty is because of the corruption and backwardness of most of these places.

Low living standards are not the cost of population, but of bad government and corruption and Julius Simon realized this and promoted human lives as the ultimate capital and he was right.

Cheer up, things are better than you seem to think.

All I am worried about is what the PTB will do to frustrate it all so they can cling to power.

No reason to believe our life would be sick. People are only discovering the problems with chemical additives over the last few decades. Advertising for the crap food companies goes unabated and persuades people to eat things that taste good but are bad for them.

These can change easily.

And technology is also finding new ways of producing things so that people will not have to work to live but only to get things that are entirely optional, and most will be able to make whatever they want right in their own garages.

As to the planet being over-occupied; the entire planet could live in an area the size of Texas with a density and quality of life similar to Monaco.

The only reason we have global poverty is because of the corruption and backwardness of most of these places.

Low living standards are not the cost of population, but of bad government and corruption and Julius Simon realized this and promoted human lives as the ultimate capital and he was right.

All I am worried about is what the PTB will do to frustrate it all so they can cling to power.

I don't really understand how adverticement bias and corruption could be changed. We are not worker bees, we are hunter-gatherers. So, the basic instinct of every individual is to kill his neighbor and steal, and only as a 2nd option, when that fails, then people consider work.

For example, we can consider general sex life, a goal for most individuals. Females select their males, and never is a selection granted to a male who loses in things. The only way to get a game is to win the competition, which puts that nice picture out of reach, it seems.

These can change easily.

I don't really understand how adverticement bias and corruption could be changed.

Better standards for advertisers and strict enforcement.

We are not worker bees, we are hunter-gatherers. So, the basic instinct of every individual is to kill his neighbor and steal, and only as a 2nd option, when that fails, then people consider work.

You really need to start hanging out with better people.

Win/win living is much better, steadier gain and a lot less stress. Everyone I know pursues something along those lines. Stop hanging with the Gang Bangers! lol

For example, we can consider general sex life, a goal for most individuals. Females select their males, and never is a selection granted to a male who loses in things.

You have never heard of the Florence Nightingale complex? It works. Not all women want the alpha male stud, trust me, or I would never have had any sex.

The only way to get a game is to win the competition, which puts that nice picture out of reach, it seems.

No, actually win/win strategies are better, but they hinge on ostracizing those who will not play by agreed rules.

Take the game of Monopoly.

Suppose someone agrees to finance a championship game in which players use real money that they bring to the table and the sponsor plays the bank and the game end at the end of two weeks.

Now say we have three aggressive players who go at each other tooth and claw. What do they end up with at the end of the week? Maybe $4500(-$1500 they brought themselves) plus 200xnumber of times they passed Go? Maybe $5000 total for the winner and everyone else is out their bankroll?

That is typical for dog-eat-dog losers.

But instead lets say these three players got smart and agreed to not build houses on any of their properties nor would any of them trade. If anyone gets a chance at a monopoly they would pass on buying that property and let the others get it at auction. And instead of gouging each other for the rent money, they go for the crossing Go money and keep the game going as long as possible to the last minute? How many times in 7 marathon days could they pass Go and collect $200?

Let's say that each of the players could nap for 4 hours each day, and all three do their turns in 3 minutes, 20 turns/hour. At 400 turns/day and x 7 days, that is 2,800 times past Go!

Hell, they would each walk away with about $560,000 EACH,. more than 110 TIMES as much compared to a dog-eat-dog strategy.

Win/win is how you get ahead, not cut-throat bullshit.

It is the essence of civilization's ideal.

But suppose someone cheats in our Monopoly game and starts building houses and hotels? Then the other players immediately build and play co-op with each other to put the ass hole out of the game, then sell what they built and go back to passing Go maximization.

So win/win for those who play by the rules and crush those who refuse to play by the rules is best for everyone...that agrees to play by the rules.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back