Schnapp's and Eggnog

I know it's a little early for Christmas music but there isn't any Thanksgiving music so what you going to do.

I can drink just about anything, Martinis, Screwdrivers, Brandy and Mt. Dew, Cherry Pucker, straight whiskey, Bourbon and ice, ice cold Budweiser. I only drink during the holidays and on New Years and I make up in spades for not drinking the rest of the year. And no diets during the holidays, pecan, pumpkin, apple, peach, cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries. The part of Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' where the ghost of Christmas present is seated with the bounty of food around him I take that literally and sample or eat anything offered anywhere I go. Nothing better than walking into someone's house that is cooking ham or roasting turkey, or baking rolls. Dishes or boxes of fine chocolates and a fire against the cold outside.

I know it's a little early for Christmas music but there isn't any Thanksgiving music so what you going to do.

I can drink just about anything, Martinis, Screwdrivers, Brandy and Mt. Dew, Cherry Pucker, straight whiskey, Bourbon and ice, ice cold Budweiser. I only drink during the holidays and on New Years and I make up in spades for not drinking the rest of the year. And no diets during the holidays, pecan, pumpkin, apple, peach, cherry pie, chocolate covered cherries. The part of Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' where the ghost of Christmas present is seated with the bounty of food around him I take that literally and sample or eat anything offered anywhere I go. Nothing better than walking into someone's house that is cooking ham or roasting turkey, or baking rolls. Dishes or boxes of fine chocolates and a fire against the cold outside.

Thanksgiving Songs: Music About Food, Giving Thanks, and the Holiday

when I was in Mexico with my family my brother yes...my sister too......there was something called white cow? or brown cow? I can not remember.... oh my ....we drunk a lot of that....very nice it was too ....like sweet and creamy ....omg,....what days were those we can't even remember them LOL .....:p:D

I'm happy it's over!:biggrin:

when I was in Mexico with my family my brother yes...my sister too......there was something called white cow? or brown cow? I can not remember.... oh my ....we drunk a lot of that....very nice it was too ....like sweet and creamy ....omg,....what days were those we can't even remember them LOL .....:p:D

Old-Fashioned Floats: Brown Cows to Boston Coolers

Brown, White or Brown & White Cow

yes...it was a creamy brown drink...it had Kahlua which is a coffee liqueur... so delicious.:biggrin:

this

yes...it was a creamy brown drink...it had Kahlua which is a coffee liqueur... so delicious.:biggrin:

this

Kahlua yes! White Russians! Dos vedanya.

I stopped drinking egg nog in 2014. It drives me nuts. Once a year, in one sitting, I used to often drink a half gallon of the best brand of it in about five to ten minutes.

I stopped drinking egg nog in 2014. It drives me nuts. Once a year, in one sitting, I used to often drink a half gallon of the best brand of it in about five to ten minutes.

A half gallon, now that is knocking back some eggnog. And it does have that way about it. You pour a glass, it is so good the glass doesn't last long, then 'ah, a little more' and before you know it a half gallon is gone. 20,000 calories in 10 minutes. But sooo good.

A half gallon, now that is knocking back some eggnog. And it does have that way about it. You pour a glass, it is so good the glass doesn't last long, then 'ah, a little more' and before you know it a half gallon is gone. 20,000 calories in 10 minutes. But sooo good.

a meal in a glass, no room for xmas dinner

It's time to move on to the important things in life.

My dad would tell me the story of how when I was a little boy, he bought a horse, cut it up, stored the meat somewhere... I forget where in my stepmom's backyard and within a year had eaten the whole thing.

Plum pudding (which has no plums) with hard sauce (which isn't hard) is really awesome if you're doing the Dickens thing. My uncle used to serve it every Christmas dinner.

Plum pudding (which has no plums) with hard sauce (which isn't hard) is really awesome if you're doing the Dickens thing. My uncle used to serve it every Christmas dinner.

Plum is what they used to call raisins, it has lots of raisins

a meal in a glass, no room for xmas dinner

I just purchased a quart of Lucerne Holiday Eggnog* :eek-52:::eek-52::eek-52:

*Made from the milk of cows not treated with rBST. :eek:

When I read the title of this thread, all I could think of was schnapps IN the eggnog, and I almost gagged.
I made an "authentic" wassail once (except not the beaten eggs) that pretty much knocked us on our ass. Sherry, brandy and a pint of some dark imported beer all lending holiday cheer to the spiced cider. It had a lot of ingredients and was a pain to make, but it was a very cheerful holiday party.

Forum List

Back