Scene from Planet Earth II documentary - must see!!

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
This iguana is my hero! Wow!!!

Looking forward to when Planet Earth II hits the US market in January..... The original series was maybe the best documentary series ever, and if this is a taste of it, I cannot wait!

Thank you for posting these. I watch these and think holly hell how did they film that and how long did it take to get that shot. Incredible images of the natural world.

• Banned
I'm glad you both enjoyed those clips!

I love nature documentaries, and Planet Earth was my favorite series (with RA narrating, not SW, if you know what I mean). I used to show off my new HDTV with that series, 10 years ago...

I downloaded the 1st episode last night, since it just started on the BBC in the UK. Won't hit the US on BBC America until January, but I couldn't wait! :)

All I can say is WOW!!!! And that entire iguana sequence is in there. And the closeups they can get with the new technology today, makes you feel like you're there! And with Richard Attenborough narrating, it was a wondrous thing to watch and listen to! Looking forward to the rest...

I watched a documentary a couple years ago about a guy that was searching for tigers in China or Vietnam I believe, but it was winter. And his guide who is a naturalist had built a hide, pretty much a fairly large hole with a wooden roof and a small open slot to film out of and he had spent 1-3 months waiting for a tiger to walk buy and get some film of it. At one point he said three tiger in a family actually got on top of his hide and the weight was too much and he found himself with the paw of one of these tigers directly in front of his face for a moment before the jumped off the mound and walked away. They didn't know he was there.

But the length of time to get these videos is sometimes very lengthy. Great stuff to watch though.

This iguana is my hero! Wow!!!

Looking forward to when Planet Earth II hits the US market in January..... The original series was maybe the best documentary series ever, and if this is a taste of it, I cannot wait!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????? How did someone film that?!!!! That was AMAZING!!!! Where the hell was that even????

On a Galapagos island. They are called racer snakes. And they're dang fast! :)

You'll be able to see it in Planet Earth II on BBC America in Jan, but you can watch it now if you go the alternative route... ;-)

I watched a documentary a couple years ago about a guy that was searching for tigers in China or Vietnam I believe, but it was winter. And his guide who is a naturalist had built a hide, pretty much a fairly large hole with a wooden roof and a small open slot to film out of and he had spent 1-3 months waiting for a tiger to walk buy and get some film of it. At one point he said three tiger in a family actually got on top of his hide and the weight was too much and he found himself with the paw of one of these tigers directly in front of his face for a moment before the jumped off the mound and walked away. They didn't know he was there.

But the length of time to get these videos is sometimes very lengthy. Great stuff to watch though.

Those people are there for long amounts of time, enduring stuff that most of us would quit because of, after a few days! I can't imagine to understand the patience and dedication (and bravery) that it takes to film stuff like that.

They have a true love for their art. And I really appreciate it!

A lot of those have already been on the PBS Nature series...

... copies should be available fer free at yer local library.

Not this version yet, UC... :)

Last edited:
Urinal Cake, on episode 2 you're gonna see some of your huggin cuzzins! :)

Forum List

Back