Sanctuary Cities:

Did Democrats overstep on this? I think so. The poisonous fact here IS: DEMOCRATS NEVER ASKED US if we wanted open borders or sanctuary against federal immigration law. NEVER! It was forced on us! Doesn't that violate the entire Democratic process?
I do not think that the current D.istrict of C.orruption gang really gives a rip about the rank & file American public, especially since vote rigging appears to be gaining acceptance with Americans in general.

Did Democrats overstep on this? I think so. The poisonous fact here IS: DEMOCRATS NEVER ASKED US if we wanted open borders or sanctuary against federal immigration law. NEVER! It was forced on us! Doesn't that violate the entire Democratic process?
LOL You think Dems started the Sanctuary cities movement?

Gad, once a retard, always a retard. :itsok:

• Banned
I do not think that the current D.istrict of C.orruption gang really gives a rip about the rank & file American public, especially since vote rigging appears to be gaining acceptance with Americans in general.
True. Why do our leaders even pretend to represent anything? Actually Biden Democrats opened the borders and let in cartels that smuggle in fentanyl or children and Biden & friends pretend they are fighting oppression. Oppression meaning keeping out child molesting drug smugglers and MI 13. Because reasons.

Their local policy was certainly the wrong one on Sanctuary Cities, as some of them are realizing.
I disagree with the administrations policy on handling the border, open border, etc, as I have stated on her many times, but that is all on Joe, as it is his personal policy. It is being weighed and measured by all Americans and figured into the upcoming election.

You mean, the cities that started it, were not controlled by elected Democrats? I would like to see an authoritative reference on that. If she didn't think it, I certainly did.

You mean, the cities that started it, were not controlled by elected Democrats? I would like to see an authoritative reference on that. If she didn't think it, I certainly did.

What is a “sanctuary city” and where did the term come from?

Currently there are 326 counties, 32 cities and four states which limit local law enforcement's involvement in federal immigration enforcement.

• The phrase “sanctuary city” was born out of a church-centered movement in the 1980s. During that time, thousands of Central American refugees came to the United States seeking protection from civil wars, and many were denied asylum. Churches, synagogues, and other religious institutions banded together to oppose the return of these refugees to the countries where they had been persecuted, and this became known as the Sanctuary Movement.
  • The term “sanctuary city” is a misnomer when used to describe community policing policies which attempt to eliminate fear from those who worry that reporting a crime or interacting with local law enforcement could result in deportation. Some have confused “sanctuary city” policies with the notion that immigrants in these communities are insulated from any immigration enforcement action against them. In fact, nothing in a so-called sanctuary city policy prevent federal enforcement actions. Some cities and localities—including San Francisco—have used the term “sanctuary” in their community policing policies in solidarity with the movement of the 1980s.

The so called "Democrats" forced this issue on us. We didnt want it or ask for it. And they continually warn us of threats to democracy whilst they force their ideals WE didnt ask for that harms us against our will. Absurd.

Currently there are 326 counties, 32 cities and four states which limit local law enforcement's involvement in federal immigration enforcement.

• The phrase “sanctuary city” was born out of a church-centered movement in the 1980s. During that time, thousands of Central American refugees came to the United States seeking protection from civil wars, and many were denied asylum. Churches, synagogues, and other religious institutions banded together to oppose the return of these refugees to the countries where they had been persecuted, and this became known as the Sanctuary Movement.
  • The term “sanctuary city” is a misnomer when used to describe community policing policies which attempt to eliminate fear from those who worry that reporting a crime or interacting with local law enforcement could result in deportation. Some have confused “sanctuary city” policies with the notion that immigrants in these communities are insulated from any immigration enforcement action against them. In fact, nothing in a so-called sanctuary city policy prevent federal enforcement actions. Some cities and localities—including San Francisco—have used the term “sanctuary” in their community policing policies in solidarity with the movement of the 1980s.
Not to worry, Democrats frequently misconstrue so many phrases.

I don't care a wit about foreign countries, they are foreign governments' problem.
Are you saying the first one in this country was not democrat controlled? Show me.

I disagree with any local government not cooperating with Federal authorities be it Immigration and Naturalization, The Border Patrol, US Marshall's Office, Homeland Security or FBI, including requests to hold, undocumented (also known as "illegal") aliens.

I don't care a wit about foreign countries, they are foreign governments' problem.
Are you saying the first one in this country was not democrat controlled? Show me.

I disagree with any local government not cooperating with Federal authorities be it Immigration and Naturalization, The Border Patrol, US Marshall's Office, Homeland Security or FBI, including requests to hold, undocumented (also known as "illegal") aliens.
The point was this wasn’t “forced” on us. This was purely a people’s movement. In fact a religious people movement.

As for you “disagreeing “ with state authorities not cooperating? LOL

Whatever happened to State Rights? Is that a nice concept that you guys believe only when it suits your needs?

The point was this wasn’t “forced” on us. This was purely a people’s movement. In fact a religious people movement.

As for you “disagreeing “ with state authorities not cooperating? LOL

Whatever happened to State Rights? Is that a nice concept that you guys believe only when it suits your needs?
I disagree with State and Local cities, NOT cooperating. I don't care whether advocated for by church groups or not. Elected city and state official have no business supporting/proclaiming it, and should not have adopted it. Personally, I would be in favor of cutting off all Federal Funds to those cities of any kind.

I suppose you are going to blame TRUMP right ?
And Biden is trying to close the border but that evil Trump wont let him right ?

Dem cities blatantly ignoring federal immigration law. Well now they are getting what's coming to them. We'll keep bussing their illegals into their cities.

Again, there is no such thing as a ‘sanctuary city’ – it’s a lie contrived by the racist, bigoted, hateful right.

It’s a settled, accepted fact of Constitutional law that states and local jurisdictions are not required to – and cannot be compelled to – enforce Federal law, including immigration law.

Moreover, states and local jurisdictions do not have the authority to prevent Federal authorities from enforcing Federal laws – consequently, there is no ‘sanctuary’ for undocumented immigrants anywhere in the United States.

Of course, the hateful, racist, bigoted right will continue to advance the ‘sanctuary city’ lie.

Again, there is no such thing as a ‘sanctuary city’ – it’s a lie contrived by the racist, bigoted, hateful right.

It’s a settled, accepted fact of Constitutional law that states and local jurisdictions are not required to – and cannot be compelled to – enforce Federal law, including immigration law.

Moreover, states and local jurisdictions do not have the authority to prevent Federal authorities from enforcing Federal laws – consequently, there is no ‘sanctuary’ for undocumented immigrants anywhere in the United States.

Of course, the hateful, racist, bigoted right will continue to advance the ‘sanctuary city’ lie.
WRONG!

"

What is a sanctuary city?​

The term “sanctuary city” is a broad term applied to jurisdictions that have policies in place designed to limit cooperation with or involvement in federal immigration enforcement actions. Cities, counties and some states have a range of informal policies as well as actual laws that qualify as “sanctuary” positions."

Forum List

Back