Economic issues beyond their control
They choose to be homeless
Mental issues

What is wrong with studying why?
Lol
You embrace frivolousness...

Nothing frivolous
It is a legitimate social issue
What startling revelation do you expect? Other than a bunch of rich people making an additional $30M?
Those are the questions you need answered before you start developing solutions

Do you know how many are mentally ill
Do you know which solutions work and which are useless?
I’ll give the report on why there are homeless for a mere $20M.
That would be good of you

Do you have any credentials in the area?

Lol
You embrace frivolousness...

Nothing frivolous
What startling revelation do you expect? Other than a bunch of rich people making an additional $30M?

First hand knowledge.
I grew up in poverty.
Unlike the Yale preppies who’ll do the study and pocket $30M.

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

HAha.... because you just gave the answer!
Please explain

C'mon...
Why do people make bad decisions? - that is not a question you can answer, because each person's reasons are going to be different, or the levels of the mixture of reasons.
Why are people lazy?... because they don't want to work. Their desire to do nothing is higher than their desire for stability.
Why do people abuse drugs? - again, impossible to answer with any degree of meaningful resolve. There are not that many reasons why, only a handful. And each person's abuse is due to a mixture of those reasons.

That $30 million would have been better use to build 1,000's of public restrooms for them to take a dump in rather than turning San Fran into one giant toilet.

OR PERHAPS...a more meaningful question to study... Why do people STAY homeless.
Except, they won't study that, because the reasons will challenge the policies of those they support.

Nothing frivolous

First hand knowledge.
I grew up in poverty.
Unlike the Yale preppies who’ll do the study and pocket $30M.
So what is your conclusion?

Let’s see if it is worth $20 mil

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

Please explain

C'mon...
Why do people make bad decisions? - that is not a question you can answer, because each person's reasons are going to be different, or the levels of the mixture of reasons.
Why are people lazy?... because they don't want to work. Their desire to do nothing is higher than their desire for stability.
Why do people abuse drugs? - again, impossible to answer with any degree of meaningful resolve. There are not that many reasons why, only a handful. And each person's abuse is due to a mixture of those reasons.

That $30 million would have been better use to build 1,000's of public restrooms for them to take a dump in rather than turning San Fran into one giant toilet.

OR PERHAPS...a more meaningful question to study... Why do people STAY homeless.
Except, they won't study that, because the reasons will challenge the policies of those they support.
A detailed study will evaluate the causes of homelessness. There are many
It will also look at the effectiveness of current solutions, what works, what doesn’t
It is a complex problem with no easy fix
A study can best determine how to most effectively spend our funding

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

Please explain

C'mon...

It will also look at the effectiveness of current solutions, what works, what doesn’t

No it won't.
There have already been many studies on it.
And for damn sure, how the government will spend resources will have little to do with anything other than political reasons. PERIOD.
I would propose a more fruitful study - Why did the liberal social policies of the 50's - 80's fail so miserably? Why did they actually increase the poverty levels of the areas they were employed, but also dramatically increase the chances of those "served" off spring to also stay in poverty.

You wouldn't like that study.

Why is a $30 million study necessary when I can tell you - for free - the exact causes of San Fuckshitsco's homelessness? A lot of them are junkies who injected themselves out of house-and-home, some of them are schizophrenics who are completely incompetent to take care of themselves and need to be institutionalized, and some of them are both of those lovely things in one package.

C'mon...

We've all seen or known of people who derive a great deal of pleasure simply from getting something from someone for nothing and from doing nothing. If they can smoke cigarettes all day and talk to fellow non achievers they seem to be content because it requires nothing from them at all.

Your comment on money better spent is spot on. Letting homeless encampments establish themselves has only made the problem worse as it's normalized homelessness and the vote in Denver has made things worse still as they've turned the option of occupying sidewalks and parks into a human right. Insanity.

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

Because as you just showed, we already know the reasons. The money would be better spent on shelters and food banks.

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

Because as you just showed, we already know the reasons. The money would be better spent on shelters and food banks.

No, my plan would be better.....

-Jail all employers that knowingly hire illegal aliens.

-End all worker visa programs.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2019 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2019 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

Please explain

C'mon...

No it won't.
And for damn sure, how the government will spend resources will have little to do with anything other than political reasons. PERIOD.
I would propose a more fruitful study - Why did the liberal social policies of the 50's - 80's fail so miserably? Why did they actually increase the poverty levels of the areas they were employed, but also dramatically increase the chances of those "served" off spring to also stay in poverty.

Easy answer

Because wages have remained stagnant in spite of a surging economy and minimum wage has not been increased in ten years

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2019 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2019 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Not bad

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Homelessness is a life style and who am I to deny them their right of Pursuit of Happiness. Defund SSI and give the money to SSR, Social Security Retirement.

Easy answer

Because wages have remained stagnant in spite of a surging economy and minimum wage has not been increased in ten years
And this applies to addicts, the mentally ill, the chronically unemployed, those who simply can get by on the safety net a city like SF provides, how?

Why are people homeless?

Bad luck
Bad choices
Mental issues

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

Homelessness is a life style and who am I to deny them their right of Pursuit of Happiness. Defund SSI and give the money to SSR, Social Security Retirement.

Homelessness is caused by failed systems. It is not a result of lifestyle choices.

Compare and contrast the American Worker of the 50's vs today and you'll have your answer.

Easy answer

And this applies to addicts, the mentally ill, the chronically unemployed, those who simply can get by on the safety net a city like SF provides, how?
More reason we need to study the issue

There are multiple reasons people are homeless requiring multiple solutions

Please explain

C'mon...

No it won't.

Easy answer

Which has absolutely nothing to do with liberal social policies of the 50's - 80's.

Please explain

C'mon...

No it won't.

Easy answer

You are so full of shit...……...

Forum List

Back