Sample of what Ian did to mobile homes

iu

Trailer homes are wonderful in the right locale, they can be really excellent homes, unfortunately they are impossibly vulnerable to wind events and thus a very poor option in storm prone locales such as the gulf coast....

Trailer homes are wonderful in the right locale, they can be really excellent homes, unfortunately they are impossibly vulnerable to wind events and thus a very poor option in storm prone locales such as the gulf coast....
Or anywhere a large bird may shit. All they are is a carboard porta potty wrapped in beer can thats big enough to fuck in.
You can get decent money for the axles, wheels and tires

I've seen some manufactured homes that weren't too bad, but, in the depths of winter, when it reaches sub-zero weather, they are still pretty shoddy, IMO.

The most common point of failure in the videos seems to be the roof connection to the walls. Maybe they can try re-enforcing that.

of course that could just move the failure point to the anchors and make the whole thing fly off.

Or anywhere a large bird may shit. All they are is a carboard porta potty wrapped in beer can thats big enough to fuck in.
You can get decent money for the axles, wheels and tires
I've been through 6 major hurricanes. Two of them in mobile homes. The worst one back in 86. I was scared to death. Six trees fell on it, I credit them with protecting me for the rest of the storm.

I've seen some manufactured homes that weren't too bad, but, in the depths of winter, when it reaches sub-zero weather, they are still pretty shoddy, IMO.
That is how I see it, in the American southwest they are really good option for a young family or a retiring couple, you get a lot of value for the monetary outlay, but once you start factoring in weather, particularly violent weather such as thunderstorms, hurricanes, and harsh winter extremes, they swiftly fall prey to the elements and thus value becomes questionable at best!

The most common point of failure in the videos seems to be the roof connection to the walls. Maybe they can try re-enforcing that.

of course that could just move the failure point to the anchors and make the whole thing fly off.
Those mobile homes are all very old. They do not have to meet the new construction standards and that is why they rip apart.

Forum List

Back