Sam Bankman-Fried and FTX Cronies Gave $300k to House Committee Members Investigating Him

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
The plot thickens.

ftxx.jpg

House Financial Services Committee chair Maxine Waters has dodged questions about crypto titan's donations

"Bankman-Fried and his co-founders at FTX contributed $300,351 to nine members of the House Financial Services Committee, according to Federal Election Commission records. Some of the largest contributions were to Democrats on the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group, which worked on regulation of the crypto industry. Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.), who chairs the committee, announced a probe this week into FTX’s collapse after the company declared bankruptcy, wiping out billions of dollars in customers’ portfolios. The Justice Department and Securities Exchange Commission are reportedly investigating Bankman-Fried for potential misuse of customer funds."

"While Bankman-Fried has donated to Republicans, more than 95 percent of his contributions have gone to Democrats and Democratic committees. Along with top FTX executives, he contributed to seven Democrats and two Republicans on the Financial Services committee. They gave to five members of the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group, which Waters launched last year to "support responsible innovation that protects consumers and investors" and to craft regulations for the industry. To date, the Digital Assets Working Group has not proposed regulations for the industry, which some lawmakers say would have blunted the impact of FTX’s bankruptcy on its customers.

Garcia was the biggest recipient of Bankman-Fried cash. Bankman-Fried’s political action committee, Protect Our Future PAC, spent $199,851 on ads supporting Garcia, who serves on the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group. Bankman-Fried contributed another $2,900 to Garcia’s campaign.

Bankman-Fried and his associates gave to four other members of the Digital Assets Working Group, Reps. Ritchie Torres (D., N.Y.), Josh Gottheimer (D., N.J.), Jim Himes (D., Conn.), and Sean Casten (D., Ill.).

Bankman-Fried and his brother Gabriel gave $40,300 in all to Torres’s campaign and two of his political committees, the Torres Victory Fund and La Bamba PAC. Bankman-Fried and the head of FTX’s regulatory division gave $16,600 to Gottheimer, while other Bankman-Fried associates contributed $500 to Himes and $9,100 to Casten."

sam.jpeg

Will the liberal politicians who were the recipients of this money return it, so that Bankman-Fried has the money to make restitution for his frauds? Or are the victims just shit out of luck?

Anyone stupid enough to buy bitcoin, a currency with no backing by any government or bank anywhere in the world, deserves to get fleeced.

The plot thickens.

View attachment 728588

House Financial Services Committee chair Maxine Waters has dodged questions about crypto titan's donations

"Bankman-Fried and his co-founders at FTX contributed $300,351 to nine members of the House Financial Services Committee, according to Federal Election Commission records. Some of the largest contributions were to Democrats on the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group, which worked on regulation of the crypto industry. Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.), who chairs the committee, announced a probe this week into FTX’s collapse after the company declared bankruptcy, wiping out billions of dollars in customers’ portfolios. The Justice Department and Securities Exchange Commission are reportedly investigating Bankman-Fried for potential misuse of customer funds."

"While Bankman-Fried has donated to Republicans, more than 95 percent of his contributions have gone to Democrats and Democratic committees. Along with top FTX executives, he contributed to seven Democrats and two Republicans on the Financial Services committee. They gave to five members of the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group, which Waters launched last year to "support responsible innovation that protects consumers and investors" and to craft regulations for the industry. To date, the Digital Assets Working Group has not proposed regulations for the industry, which some lawmakers say would have blunted the impact of FTX’s bankruptcy on its customers.

Garcia was the biggest recipient of Bankman-Fried cash. Bankman-Fried’s political action committee, Protect Our Future PAC, spent $199,851 on ads supporting Garcia, who serves on the committee’s Digital Assets Working Group. Bankman-Fried contributed another $2,900 to Garcia’s campaign.

Bankman-Fried and his associates gave to four other members of the Digital Assets Working Group, Reps. Ritchie Torres (D., N.Y.), Josh Gottheimer (D., N.J.), Jim Himes (D., Conn.), and Sean Casten (D., Ill.).

Bankman-Fried and his brother Gabriel gave $40,300 in all to Torres’s campaign and two of his political committees, the Torres Victory Fund and La Bamba PAC. Bankman-Fried and the head of FTX’s regulatory division gave $16,600 to Gottheimer, while other Bankman-Fried associates contributed $500 to Himes and $9,100 to Casten."

View attachment 728587

….and surprise! They are ”poly” sex pervs!

I’m still betting they were making money off dealing kids. A lot of their money is off the books.

….and surprise! They are ”poly” sex pervs!

I’m still betting they were making money off dealing kids. A lot of their money is off the books.

Hey stupid!! Hardly anyone is having sex with kids. Only really creepy people, who are insecure about the size of their dicks, are looking for children to have sex with. Fewer than 5% of the adult male population, and even fewer women. Most sane people find the whole idea disgusting and abhorrent, even creepy people who have perverse sexual proclivities.
So how much did you lose? Me? Zero, Zip....

Not one thin dime. At this point in my life, I'm look for security, and guaranteed returns. I'm not gambling with capital because it's hard to replace if lost.

Looking forward to the COLA in my indexed pensions in January, though.

Hey stupid!! Hardly anyone is having sex with kids. Only really creepy people, who are insecure about the size of their dicks, are looking for children to have sex with. Fewer than 5% of the adult male population, and even fewer women. Most sane people find the whole idea disgusting and abhorrent, even creepy people who have perverse sexual proclivities.

Not one thin dime. At this point in my life, I'm look for security, and guaranteed returns. I'm not gambling with capital because it's hard to replace if lost.

Looking forward to the COLA in my indexed pensions in January, though.
How about a show of hands of "creepy people"

1669008431731.png

The plot thickens.

View attachment 728588

View attachment 728587
Your first graphic is a hoax, and implodes your entire post.

Here's an idea.

Go to OpenSecrets

Type in your favorite politician and look at who their top donors are.

Hey stupid!! Hardly anyone is having sex with kids. Only really creepy people, who are insecure about the size of their dicks, are looking for children to have sex with. Fewer than 5% of the adult male population, and even fewer women. Most sane people find the whole idea disgusting and abhorrent, even creepy people who have perverse sexual proclivities
Well I never made a claim that most or many people were into it.

However it’s pretty clear that to make it to the high ranks of the Democrat Party one has to be a pervert. These people at FTX were one of the biggest donors to the party of sexual perverts, the party of homosexuals, the party of trannies, the party of pedophiles.

I think it’s safe to say the mega donors to the DNC are less than 5% of the population.

This is why the RINOs and Democrats want McCarthy in. They are in on this action and they don't want any REAL investigations.

sam-jpeg.728587

Forum List

Back