Russia's economy is already suffering from their aggression

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
https://krdo.com/video/2022/02/22/russia-is-already-paying-a-hefty-financial-price-for-its-aggression/

By Charles Riley, CNN Business

Russian stocks plunged and the ruble slid closer to a record low on Tuesday as investors reacted to President Vladimir Putin’s decision to order troops into eastern Ukraine.

Moscow’s MOEX stock index dropped 4% after shedding more than 10% on Monday, bringing losses so far this year to over 20%. In total, more than $40 billion has been wiped off the value of Russian stocks this week alone.

The ruble fell toward 81 versus the US dollar on Tuesday, its weakest level in more than a year and close to its record low. The moves prompted Russia’s central bank to announce measures to support banks, including a provision that will allow them to use last Friday’s prices for stocks and bonds when reporting their financial positions.

More pain could be on the way.

“We expect further declines near-term in the Russian stock market,” analysts at JPMorgan Chase wrote in a note to clients on Tuesday. The Wall Street bank downgraded Russian equities to “neutral” from “overweight.”

Damage to Russia’s markets and economy would be limited if its troops do not advance beyond the parts of eastern Ukraine that Putin recognized as independent on Monday, according to analysts. But Russia would pay a higher price if further aggression causes the West to respond with punishing sanctions that could cut the country’s banks off from the global financial system and make it difficult to export oil and natural gas.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will you MAGA nuts applaud when we start suffering from Putin's "Hitler-Like" aggression? It is sad that the repub party is now supporting the fall of a fledgling democracy caused by an Authoritarian regime. trump is actually applauding Putin and cheering for a war.

It's touching that you care so much about how the Russian economy is doing, cultural Marxist.

We should all care about how Russian economy is doing as it is the only thing outside of US Troops on the ground that will slow Putin down.

I wonder if the clown car at CNN understands that Putin has already factored in sanctions in his bid to take Ukraine? Probably not. They're as doorknob dumb as the leftists here.

Last edited:
I wonder if the clown car at CNN understands that Putin has already factored in sanctions in his bid to take Ukraine? Probably not. They're a doorknob dumb as the leftists here.
Putin did not figure in the unity that the NATO allies have fostered. His aggression has galvanized NATO. The days of trump dismissing NATO and playing into Putin's hands are over. The Russian population will suffer and Putin may be the one they blame for his bald aggression against a sovereign nation.

And the treasonous repub party applauds his cut throat tactics.

Putin did not figure in the unity that the NATO allies have fostered. His aggression has galvanized NATO. The days of trump dismissing NATO and playing into Putin's hands are over. The Russian population will suffer and Putin may be the one they blame for his bald aggression against a sovereign nation.

Darkwind is being paid by bots in Russia.

NATO and you are playing fucking tiddly-winks and Russia's Putin is playing 4-D chess and making you clowns look like fools.

The ONLY thing NATO is doing is looking at the US and waiting for Us to pull their fat asses out of the fire -- Again.

Fuck NATO. Europe needs to deal with this on their own because simply put, Putin has already squirreled enough reserves away to last long enough for the lefts outrage to die down. By that time, there won't be a "Ukraine" only a new border for Russia.

I wonder if the clown car at CNN understands that Putin has already factored in sanctions in his bid to take Ukraine? Probably not. They're a doorknob dumb as the leftists here.

Putin doesn't give a rat's ass. He's selling Europe and China all the gas and oil he can export. Nearly 40% of the natural gas used by the EU comes from Russia. Even if the EU somehow curtailed their usage, China would be more than willing to buy as much as they could, and at a cheaper rate than what we charge them.

I wonder if the clown car at CNN understands that Putin has already factored in sanctions in his bid to take Ukraine? Probably not. They're as doorknob dumb as the leftists here.
..sounds like you are assuming Putin is omnipotent.

Will you MAGA nuts applaud when we start suffering from Putin's "Hitler-Like" aggression? It is sad that the repub party is now supporting the fall of a fledgling democracy caused by an Authoritarian regime. trump is actually applauding Putin and cheering for a war.
For authoritarians “at war”, it’s all just collateral damage. They just don’t give a shit.

Putin doesn't give a rat's ass. He's selling Europe and China all the gas and oil he can export. Nearly 40% of the natural gas used by the EU comes from Russia. Even if the EU somehow curtailed their usage, China would be more than willing to buy as much as they could, and at a cheaper rate than what we charge them.
Even more telling is the fact that Germany just said no to their gas exports and Putin just laughed and kept on keeping on. That is how important sanctions are against him.

Feigning interest in alcoholics that live 10,000 miles away is quite the stretch fuckboy.

I lived in Russia for 4 years, and I hardly care.... other than my in-laws welfare.

I understand the perception that Vlad is pissing in Joe's face is not best optics for you rodents..... but it is what it is.

Darkwind is being paid by bots in Russia.

Hahahahahah!

A cultural-Marxist dressed up like a little midget John Bircher.

Isn't that precious?

Can you sing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" for me, like Cagney did in that movie? :laughing0301:

For authoritarians “at war”, it’s all just collateral damage. They just don’t give a shit.
Putin is out for blood. Anyone who disagrees with him will be done in. Doesn't that remind you of someone?

Putin is out for blood. Anyone who disagrees with him will be done in. Doesn't that remind you of someone?

Sure does. Hillary Clinton.

Forum List

Back