Russia says Western attack on Syria would be ‘catastrophic’

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Russia says Western attack on Syria would be ?catastrophic? - The Washington Post ^

MOSCOW — A Western military attack on Syria will only create more problems in the region, lead to more bloodshed and result in the same sort of “catastrophe” as previous Western interventions in Iraq and Libya, Russia’s foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, said Monday.

“Hysteria is growing and confrontation is incited,” Lavrov said in what he portrayed as an emergency press conference. He said the United States and its European allies have condemned the regime of Bashar al-Assad without any evidence that it actually used chemical weapons in an assault on a Damascus suburb on Aug. 21.

China's president aims to clean up Communist Party from within while also silencing external critics. Russia condemns ‘hysteria’ over Syria Will Englund AUG 26 As Assad regime’s stalwart ally, Moscow says the West is ready to act before evidence is in hand.

Turkey, Britain and France all indicated on Monday that they would back the Obama administration if it decides to take action against Syria in response to the alleged attack, even without a United Nations mandate.

They said the same thing about Afghanistan, didn't turn out to be the case.

What Russia says is immaterial. If we have proof of who used CW...and I am sure we do...we should show it to the world and then send Assad to his 36 virgins...discount price.

Russia says Western attack on Syria would be ?catastrophic? - The Washington Post ^

MOSCOW — A Western military attack on Syria will only create more problems in the region, lead to more bloodshed and result in the same sort of “catastrophe” as previous Western interventions in Iraq and Libya, Russia’s foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, said Monday.

“Hysteria is growing and confrontation is incited,” Lavrov said in what he portrayed as an emergency press conference. He said the United States and its European allies have condemned the regime of Bashar al-Assad without any evidence that it actually used chemical weapons in an assault on a Damascus suburb on Aug. 21.

China's president aims to clean up Communist Party from within while also silencing external critics. Russia condemns ‘hysteria’ over Syria Will Englund AUG 26 As Assad regime’s stalwart ally, Moscow says the West is ready to act before evidence is in hand.

Turkey, Britain and France all indicated on Monday that they would back the Obama administration if it decides to take action against Syria in response to the alleged attack, even without a United Nations mandate.

Actually, I think Russia is correct

Syria is a shithole and always has been. Pulling Assad out of there will not lead to a modern democracy, it will lead to a civil war with extremist muslims/Al Qaeda eventually winning out

The $60 million question is:

What is Russia doing about it?

Syria is a Russian ally. They have not done shit in calming down the situation. Putin is a two bit posturing thug who is incapable of acting on the world stage

Syria is a shithole and always has been. Pulling Assad out of there will not lead to a modern democracy, it will lead to a civil war with extremist muslims/Al Qaeda eventually winning out

It will "lead to a civil war"????? WTF do you think is going on there now???

The civil war in Syria has reached the point that Assad cannot win, only delay the time of his destruction. Who will take over after that? Probably someone no better than Assad.

The more I think about it the more I am concerned about the economic affect on our military. It is imperative in these days of sequester that we husband enough funds for Chelsea's sex change operation. Lets maintain our priorities as we live the age of Obabble.

Last edited:

Yea it did. Just not in the way he was suggesting. If we had gone in, taken out the guy behind 9/11 and his posse and left, that would have been the end of it.

The more I think about it the more I am concerned about the economic affect on our military. It is imperative in these days of sequester that we husband enough funds for Chelsea's sex change operation. Lets maintain our priorities as we live the age of Obabble.

Whose kid are you attacking?

The civil war in Syria has reached the point that Assad cannot win, only delay the time of his destruction. Who will take over after that? Probably someone no better than Assad.

What evidence do you have to prove that ? If the weren't so many countries arming radical Islamic militants to fight against him the "civil war" would be over by now. Apparently now America is going to do the job for them. Why ?

Yea it did. Just not in the way he was suggesting. If we had gone in, taken out the guy behind 9/11 and his posse and left, that would have been the end of it.

Glorious leader Obabble has taken out the guy behind 911 and much of his posse...do you note any difference in the WOT?

Right now, it is a civil war against the Assad government

Remove Assad and it will be a civil war between numerous factions fighting for control. My guess is that the radical Muslim faction that wins

Right now, it is a civil war against the Assad government

Remove Assad and it will be a civil war between numerous factions fighting for control. My guess is that the radical Muslim faction that wins

Now that Obama is jumping in with both feet they might. Praise Allah and Obama

And that's probably not going to happen.

But Syria was caught using Chemical Weapons. They need to know that won't be tolerated.

But Syria was caught using Chemical Weapons. They need to know that won't be tolerated.

It might have been the rebels that used it but you go ahead and believe what you want---Obama needs his Al Qaeda in Syria.

.... and we know the war hawks in Washington have the perfect prescription, kill thousands more innocent Syrians to prove their point, when does the madness end?

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Forum List

Back