Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is Natural

Rush Limbaugh says there's no reason to spend millions of dollars cleaning up that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The conservative radio host said the spill is a natural occcurence:

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

Opposing Views: Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is Natural

This man (and every one of his fans who actually thinks this man is credible) is an idiot!

Represent Rush, represent.

He was not talking about this spill Zona, but there have been natural oil spills in the ocean where they never drilled. In one such incident it was off the coast of California and they were able to cap it with a top hat, much like the one they tried to use on this man caused spill. There are some naturally occuring spills much like naturally occuring Volcanos.

Huh? What?

Rush Limbaugh says there's no reason to spend millions of dollars cleaning up that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The conservative radio host said the spill is a natural occcurence:

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

This man (and every one of his fans who actually thinks this man is credible) is an idiot!

Of course Zone isn't honest enough to provide the full text of what Rush said. But I will.

RUSH: Our official climatologist, Dr. Roy Spencer has just sent me something. I've been wondering about this. He must have been reading my mind. We've got 5,000 barrels a day being spilled from the rig, and Dr. Spencer looked into it. You know, we've talked of this before. There's natural seepage into oceans all over the world from the ocean floor of oil -- and the ocean's pretty tough, it just eats it up. Dr. Spencer looked into this. You know the seepage from the floor of the Gulf is exactly 5,000 barrels a day, throughout the whole Gulf of Mexico now. It doesn't seep out all in one giant blob like this thing has, but the bottom line here is: Even places that have been devastated by oil slicks like... What was that place up in Alaska where the guy was drunk, ran a boat aground? (interruption) Prince William Sound. They were wiping off the rocks with Dawn dishwater detergent and paper towels and so forth. The place is pristine now.
You do survive these things. I'm not advocating don't care about it hitting the shore or coast and whatever you can do to keep it out of there is fine and dandy, but the ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and was left out there. It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is. (interruption) Well, the turtles may take a hit for a while, but so what? So do we! Hell, remember that story we had at the beginning of the show: The barred owl that flew into the windshield of the Wentzville, Missouri, fire truck, and they got to the fire and the thing was still hanging on out there. It had a broken wing and they took it to some animal veterinary sanctuary or hospital or something. Just give it a pain pill! Why not? That's what they had for us, and we don't even launch ourselves into the windshields of fire trucks.

Regime SWAT Teams Sent to Gulf

I am glad you posted this. He said Prince William sound is pritine now? Do you have any idea how wrong this is?

Omg, this man and his fans are idiots. Fucking idiots.

http://e360.yale.edu/content/feature.msp?id=2133

Today, 20 years after the largest spill in U.S. waters, the oil that gushed from the hull of the Exxon Valdez is still having effects.

Last edited:
The barred owl that flew into the windshield of the Wentzville, Missouri, fire truck, and they got to the fire and the thing was still hanging on out there. It had a broken wing and they took it to some animal veterinary sanctuary or hospital or something. Just give it a pain pill!

Spoken like an alcoholic telling someone to have a drink.

I am glad you posted this. He said Prince William sound is pritine now? Do you have any idea how wrong this is?

Twenty Years Later, Impacts of the Exxon Valdez Linger by Doug Struck: Yale Environment 360

Today, 20 years after the largest spill in U.S. waters, the oil that gushed from the hull of the Exxon Valdez is still having effects.

Prince William then:

0125-Exxon-Oil-Spill.jpg_full_600.jpg

And November 2002

450Pailthorp_Alaska.jpg

450Nellie_Juan_Glacier.jpg

There are still some oil deposits in the lower layers of waters and beaches, so no, it's not what it used to be exactly, but it's far from the devastation envisioned by the environmentalist whackos in 1989.

Twenty Years Later, Impacts of the Exxon Valdez Linger by Doug Struck: Yale Environment 360

Prince William then:

And November 2002

450Pailthorp_Alaska.jpg

There are still some oil deposits in the lower layers of waters and beaches, so no, it's not what it used to be exactly, but it's far from the devastation envisioned by the environmentalist whackos in 1989.

Its 20 years later ignoramous.

Prince William then:

And November 2002

450Pailthorp_Alaska.jpg

2002 minus 1989 equals 20?

Is that your contention?

Your boy in Plaquemines is saying the marshes won't be clean again for 25-30 years, worst case. Prince William was looking good in far less time.

Last edited:

Lets see what he says if his Palm Beach gets an oil slick.

It gets one everytime Limbaugh goes swimming there.

2002 minus 1989 equals 20?

Is that your contention?

Your boy in Plaquemines is saying the marshes won't be clean again for 25-30 years, worst case. Prince William was looking good in ar less time.

The Valdez was carrying heavy crude.... The oil leaking out now is'nt. There is a big difference in the two.
I predict they will get it under control soon.
Its bad, but not as bad as all the bleeding heart libz are making it out to be.

And why the Hell was the SWAT sent out to the oilrigs?

To O.P.

Rush never said dont bother stopping the leak
:cuckoo:

Liberal nutjobs are just praying that this spill turns into an ecological nightmare......

Yep, anything to make oil exploration and retrieval look bad.

Only problem is, it happened on B.O.'s watch and he also rec'd a Hell of alot of BP's cash to elected. :eek:

Prince William then:

And November 2002

450Pailthorp_Alaska.jpg

So you're admitting that in 20 years we won't be able to tell there was ever a spill. Thanks, got it. :lol:

Lets see what he says if his Palm Beach gets an oil slick.

At that point, it will be a national tragedy and Obama's fault!

At that point?

This is Obama's fault today. It was his interior department that gave a free pass to BP to disregard normal safety standards.

The decision by the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) to give BP's lease at Deepwater Horizon a "categorical exclusion" from the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on April 6, 2009 -- and BP's lobbying efforts just 11 days before the explosion to expand those exemptions -- show that neither federal regulators nor the company anticipated an accident of the scale of the one unfolding in the gulf.

U.S. exempted BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from environmental impact study

In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, the Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to issue “categorical exclusions” for oil companies, allowing them to bypass the last stage of environmental review before proceeding with drilling projects, an Interior Department official told ABC News Wednesday.

Interior Department Continues to Issue ?Categorical Exclusions? for Oil Drilling, Administration Official Acknowledges - Political Punch

Prince William then:

And November 2002

450Pailthorp_Alaska.jpg

So you're admitting that in 20 years we won't be able to tell there was ever a spill. Thanks, got it. :lol:

I'm sorry, I forgot you were a mentally retarded dumb whore

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/03/090323-exxon-anniversary.html

Of course Zone isn't honest enough to provide the full text of what Rush said. But I will.

RUSH: Our official climatologist, Dr. Roy Spencer has just sent me something. I've been wondering about this. He must have been reading my mind. We've got 5,000 barrels a day being spilled from the rig, and Dr. Spencer looked into it. You know, we've talked of this before. There's natural seepage into oceans all over the world from the ocean floor of oil -- and the ocean's pretty tough, it just eats it up. Dr. Spencer looked into this. You know the seepage from the floor of the Gulf is exactly 5,000 barrels a day, throughout the whole Gulf of Mexico now. It doesn't seep out all in one giant blob like this thing has, but the bottom line here is: Even places that have been devastated by oil slicks like... What was that place up in Alaska where the guy was drunk, ran a boat aground? (interruption) Prince William Sound. They were wiping off the rocks with Dawn dishwater detergent and paper towels and so forth. The place is pristine now.

You do survive these things. I'm not advocating don't care about it hitting the shore or coast and whatever you can do to keep it out of there is fine and dandy, but the ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and was left out there. It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is. (interruption) Well, the turtles may take a hit for a while, but so what? So do we! Hell, remember that story we had at the beginning of the show: The barred owl that flew into the windshield of the Wentzville, Missouri, fire truck, and they got to the fire and the thing was still hanging on out there. It had a broken wing and they took it to some animal veterinary sanctuary or hospital or something. Just give it a pain pill! Why not? That's what they had for us, and we don't even launch ourselves into the windshields of fire trucks.

Regime SWAT Teams Sent to Gulf
Only a DittoTard would think citing the disgraced Spencer, who along with his partner Christy got caught fudging the satellite data at UAH, would make your MessiahRushie suddenly credible. Everyone with a working brain cell knows America's Hemorrhoid Stuttering LimpTard the Sophist lies to your level of ignorance.

Since Spencer cooked the UAH global temp numbers, it is logical to assume he will cook the oil seepage numbers also, and he did. About 500,000 barrels of oil seep into the Gulf naturally each year which comes to 1,400 barrels per day, not 5,000. And that 5,000 number is suspect. Some say the spill is 10 times that amount, and others say it is even more than that, but even using the 5,000 figure Spencer is off by a factor greater than 3.5!!!

What are you, 12? Jesus.

Which is it? An eco disaster from which we will never recover? Or something that, given 20 years will be okay again?

And what about the oil in Plaquemines after Katrina? Where did that go? And after only five years?

What are you, 12? Jesus.

Which is it? An eco disaster from which we will never recover? Or something that, given 20 years will be okay again?

And what about the oil in Plaquemines after Katrina? Where did that go? And after only five years?

I'd say Spidey is about 16 years old.....::lol: He is really hoping that this spill turns into an ecological nightmare.

What are you, 12? Jesus.

Only 1/4 of that threatened the coast and marsh, it was pushed inland to less sensitive areas Much of it was contained by the earthen berms that land based tank farms have in case of tank overflow.

The BP spill had already exceeded the katrina related spills in barrels even by the most conservative estimate of 5000 bbl a day.

Forum List

Back