Rush...Four More Years!!!, Four More Years!!!

blastoff

Undocumented Reg. User
Nov 12, 2009
In a galaxy far far away...
Oops...now let's see. I'm far too lazy to go back and check but I'm pretty sure (if wrong, my apologies) it was esteemed poster Pogo who several months back avowed that Rush's show was doing so poorly that he'd be toast once his current contract ran out at the end of 2016.

If it wasn't you, Pogo, it was one of your cohorts who rallied around JoeyB Dolezal's complete madeup bullshit that Rush's show aired san's commercials post Flake flap because all sponsors cancelled, leaving the Big 89 WLS in Chicago to sub self-promos and PSA in all the vacated ad slots.

Well, iHeartMedia announced today they've re-signed El Rushbo - just beginning his 29th radio year this week - to a new four-year contract. Wow! To borrow some words from AlGore, that's some Inconvenient Truth, ain't it?

Mike Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine had this to say, "They had an opportunity here to get rid of him!" If he is such a liability, the way his enemies paint him out to be, why didn't iHeartMedia take this opportunity to dump him?"

Well, enemies Pogo, JoeyB Dolezal, et al...why didn't they?

Probably because Hillary's going to be POTUS, guaranteeing Rushbo four more years of relevancy. After all, if Trump wins, what would be the use of Limbaugh's particular brand of cluelessness with the spotlight on the WH?

First off does anyone listen to his show anymore? Haven't most of the 'rush rooms' closed down? He's one that has no other life. If he can't get on air and lie his way through the day he'll be lost. He's become completely irrelevant regarding current politics. He's made prediction after prediction that was not only wrong but 180 degrees off. I guess like O'reilly the old people need another old person to listen to so whatever keeps their blood circulating. His influence is long gone.

First off does anyone listen to his show anymore? Haven't most of the 'rush rooms' closed down? He's one that has no other life. If he can't get on air and lie his way through the day he'll be lost. He's become completely irrelevant regarding current politics. He's made prediction after prediction that was not only wrong but 180 degrees off. I guess like O'reilly the old people need another old person to listen to so whatever keeps their blood circulating. His influence is long gone.
So why did he get the contract then?

So why did he get the contract then?

They can still make money off of the rubes. Which is the name of the game anyway. You only need a base of a few hundred thousand to make a lot of money, ask Glen Beck. Conservative media feeds off of relatively small but loyal cohorts to make them money. Thus the reason you see all the con angries like Coulter put out the same book over and over and over with just the titled changed. Her customers aren't interested in reading to learn, they just want to hear how evil 'other people' are over and over. It is comforting to them.

Forum List

Back