Royals parade in downtown KC draws near a million fans. Unbelievable

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/3/9665996/kansas-city-royals-drone-victory-parade

People even abandoned their cars on the major highways because it was so congested. My daughter planned ahead for away parking and riding the provided busses. She waited near 3 hours in line to get back on the bus to return to her car.
Last estimate I heard on TV was between 800k & 1 million. The population of the KC metro is around 2.3 million.

Crazy

www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/11/3/9665996/kansas-city-royals-drone-victory-parade

People even abandoned their cars on the major highways because it was so congested. My daughter planned ahead for away parking and riding the provided busses. She waited near 3 hours in line to get back on the bus to return to her car.
Last estimate I heard on TV was between 800k & 1 million. The population of the KC metro is around 2.3 million.

Crazy

That drone footage is amazing!

Crazy

the population of KC it looks like has grown considerably since 30 years ago.they were also saying on 610 as I am sure you heard,that in 85,the crowds were only 250,000.

yeah i tried to go to it as well and when i got on i-35 and saw that it was a parking lot,i gave up and headed home because i saw all of what you mentioned of the cars being parked off the sides of the road of the highway and everywhere i looked,the businesses were all packed as well with spots filled.i would have had to walk like 4 miles to get there to the nearest available parking space.

i had no idea you were going to have to camp out to have a good spot there.

I shit you not, I was at the parade in 1985.
you lucky dog you I am so jeoulous.I only collect 1985 world series stuff.I lost interest in the two sports i love baseball and football in the early 90's when players stopped playing for one team their whole careers. I was only a kid in grade school back then so I wasnt able to go.:mad:

I feel sorry for kids growing up now,they dont get to experience what I did back in 85 when players stayed with one team their whole careers.thats why the Royals never have anymore of the frank whites and george bretts anymore because MLB just like all sports,pays these selfish greedy players way too much money just for playing a kids game.

Forum List

Back