Rove slams Obama over 'bitter' comments, flag pin

He made himself such an easy target, Obama did, with those remarks. "Cling" to guns and religion implies "stupid ignorant whites who clutch to a time that is slipping away now that Mexicans, Muslims and mulattoes are in ascendance." That's what he REALLY meant. And Wright, I note again, didn't really mean "God damn America" generally. He meant "God damn WHITE America." Race war going on, kids. Wake up and smell the napalm.

He made himself such an easy target, Obama did, with those remarks. "Cling" to guns and religion implies "stupid ignorant whites who clutch to a time that is slipping away now that Mexicans, Muslims and mulattoes are in ascendance." That's what he REALLY meant. And Wright, I note again, didn't really mean "God damn America" generally. He meant "God damn WHITE America." Race war going on, kids. Wake up and smell the napalm.

Bottom line: Obama is ahead in the polls.

I'm so shocked you'd agree with McCain's "informal advisor". And even more shocked that Rove would disparage Obama on a really stupid issue, since, of course, flag pins are so much more important than knowing the difference between shi'a and sunni in this day and age.

Hey, I even agree with Democrats sometimes. Every once in a blue moon they get something simple right.

In this case, stop trying to twist the issue. Obama made a big damned stink about wearing that lapel pin and calling it false patriotism but let him get slammed in a couple of states by the working class and all of a sudden he's got one so he can "hang out with the boys." Only you can't call him "one of the good ol' boys" because that would be racist.:rolleyes:

So maybe you need to direct your "really stupid issue" comment to the idiot being a neon sign hypocrite in an effort to pander to an audience.

Knowing the difference between Sunni and Shia is irrelevant to this topic. McCain is not relevant to this topic.

I'm NOT shocked your response is as usual, an attempt to deflect to something and someone irrelevant to the topic.

On this board? You're damned right it is. Deflections and personal attacks appear to be legitimate arguments to y'all. In actuality, they're just lame attempts to cover the fact you don't have one.

You really believe that liberals on this board do this more than conservatives?

I guess it's all a matter of what you bias your opinion on.:rofl:

The best name caller on this board is definately not a liberal.

It may be the name caller not a liberal, but the deflections and personal attacks certainly are. It's become nearly impossible to post without defending or attacking the opposition. That's not debate, that's war.

Wow! You are right. He must hate America.
He is not a great American.
How dare he not wear a flag pin!!

McCain don't need the lapel pin. He already knows how many states there are...
In the case of SuperBoy, hes written the answer on the flag pin and needs to get it close in case hes asked ...

Is it possible that some people do wear the flag but don't do shit otherwise to really support the troops and support what this country is about?

Actions can speak louder than wearing a pin. Nothing wrong with pins, if that isn't the only thing you do for your country.

Of course that isn't what Obama meant. He was saying everyone who wears a pin is an asshole.

Dumb fuck swiftboaters.

Is that what we want in a President? Somebody who focuses on condemning and/or punishing the presumed oppressor in order to lift up the presumed oppressed?

"Presumed?" What world are you living in?

Racism still exists, and it's not so subtle that it's hard for an earnest person to see. If you're really honest with yourself, you won't need to "presume" that racism exists; you'll see it in jerrymandering, false election dates being posted in black neighborhoods, real psychological evidence of stereotype threat (people form their identity in part based on the mainstream view of their social class), hate crimes, test score gaps, the radio (see Don Imus, Bill Bennett, Rush Limbaugh, etc.)...the list goes on. All of that has real, material effects on the black community, which are readily apparent in the wealth gap between whites and blacks. And finally you've got Hurricane Katrina, a case study in civil rights violations, racial oppression, and the American "third world."

Likewise, most of the civil rights movement stays well away from vindication, or "punishing" civil rights violators. They have neither the means nor the intention to "punish" white people, rest assured. Generally they fight to stop the unwarranted punishment of their people. Certainly there are the occasional wackos, but for the most part, I think the civil rights movement has been influenced by the anti-revenge ideology of this guy Martin Luther King, Jr. Have you heard of him?

I am well-aware there are conservatives who do it as well. You did not mention them however. You specifically stated liberals. I just agreed.

Is it possible that some people do wear the flag but don't do shit otherwise to really support the troops and support what this country is about?

Actions can speak louder than wearing a pin. Nothing wrong with pins, if that isn't the only thing you do for your country.

Of course that isn't what Obama meant. He was saying everyone who wears a pin is an asshole.

Dumb fuck swiftboaters.

It is possible. I have no problem with Obama NOT wearing the pin. That isn't the issue here at all.

The issue is that he has suddenly decided to wear one amazingly coinicidental with the fact that he's not pulling down the gun-toting, bitter redneck vote.

I actually agreed with his sentiment for not wearing one. I wouldn't want to wear anything that freakin' Muppet Sean Hannity does.

LMAO. Sorry counselor, but when it comes to politics you wouldn't know evidence if it landed on your head.

I certainly hope it doesn't land on my head; your version of evidence comes straight from your ass.

Lapel pin for Obama:

nationalist&

Black Power!

I certainly hope it doesn't land on my head; your version of evidence comes straight from your ass.

:clap2:

A response worthy of one who can do no better.

My version of evidence is indisputable proof, Matlock, not assumptions based on political hackery.

Your boy made a statement about lapel pins which was one of the few things I respected about him. Now, when he wants us dumb, unedumicated, gun-totin' rednecks to vote for him, he comes up with one.

I can understand pandering. Politicians do it. I can't understand a complete reversal of stance on an issue he took a hardline stance on that I actually respected. Both he and McCain have backpeddaled from their voting records.

It seem "we the people" can't do better.

Lapel pin for Obama:

nationalist%20flag.gif

Black Power!

You have the option of removing that or I will. While Obama might be hiding behind race as a means to affect a win, he has done nothing that I am aware of that would label him a racist.

You are free however to provide evidence to substantiate what is currently a biased, and unsupported claim.

Forum List

Back