Ron Paul spreading same message as always, resonating finally

And yet he's rising in the polls and beating less "extreme" more "electable" candidates.

He is rising in the polls because he has an effectual fan base and people dont know what he stands for. Once his extremes are revealed he will drop like a rock

People don't know what he stands for???

He stands for the same thing he stood for 30 years ago. He's the only one who DOESN'T change his positions like underwear. How could anyone NOT know what he stands for?

You can't make the excuse that no one knows him. This isn't 2007. People know who he is now.

Sure I can make that claim. The public doesnt thrive on politics like we do. I like that he is involved to steer the debate but thats all I think he can hope to accomplish. Unlike the poster who said I dont know anything about politics I know you have your opinion and I have mine. Im not pompous enough to claim what you do or dont know. Carry on

I do like Paul but i understand he does have electability issues with the masses. However, imagine him as someone's VP, at least we know we would have a good voice yapping at the president all the time and a principled man as the tiebreaker vote in the senate.

I'm not hard headed, I'll take whatever I can get. VP, so be it.

But not if it means Perry, Romney, Bachman, Palin, Giuliani, or Gingrich are president.

I don't think any one of those candidates are good for conservatism.

Imagine a Herman Cain/Ron Paul Ron Paul/Herman Cain ticket!

OMG those who are agitating to bring us away from the founding principles in the constitution would be SOOOOOOOO upset :D

Herman Cain has no problem with the unconstitutional Federal Reserve, so I have no faith in his fidelity to the Constitution. Ron Paul would never run with Herman Cain.

I do like Paul but i understand he does have electability issues with the masses. However, imagine him as someone's VP, at least we know we would have a good voice yapping at the president all the time and a principled man as the tiebreaker vote in the senate.

But not if it means Perry, Romney, Bachman, Palin, Giuliani, or Gingrich are president.

OMG those who are agitating to bring us away from the founding principles in the constitution would be SOOOOOOOO upset :D

I don't like Cain anymore, yes he would have been great before all the Muslim bullshit but that is big baggage at this point. I'd like to see Gary Johnson as an option for RP's VP. I wouldn’t be totally pissed if Cain was RP’s pick (of course if RP was the nominee) but I just don’t see it as being as strong as I used to think it could be. More or less it would be a case of McCain/Palin... The media would trash Cain making him the center of attention, just like they did in 2008 with Palin.

Herman Cain has no problem with the unconstitutional Federal Reserve, so I have no faith in his fidelity to the Constitution. Ron Paul would never run with Herman Cain.

But thats why I put them together...where one lacks the other seems strong. ;)

And yes, there is also this huge point... I think it would leave Ron Paul supporters wondering "wtf."

You know dude, it's possible, I'll leave it up to RP to pick who he feels best and if that time comes I'll see how I feel about it then.

He is rising in the polls because he has an effectual fan base and people dont know what he stands for. Once his extremes are revealed he will drop like a rock

He stands for the same thing he stood for 30 years ago. He's the only one who DOESN'T change his positions like underwear. How could anyone NOT know what he stands for?

You can't make the excuse that no one knows him. This isn't 2007. People know who he is now.

Sure I can make that claim. The public doesnt thrive on politics like we do. I like that he is involved to steer the debate but thats all I think he can hope to accomplish. Unlike the poster who said I dont know anything about politics I know you have your opinion and I have mine. Im not pompous enough to claim what you do or dont know. Carry on

You do realize that people who vote in primary elections are typically people who are knowledgeable about politics, right? That's well known. If you're voting in the primary, you know who Ron Paul is and what his positions are. He's a Tea Party darling. You're not a tea party member because you DON'T know what's going on in politics.

The poster was right. You don't know politics.

It would never happen. Ron Paul would never run with somebody who supports the Fed, let alone somebody who worked for them. The only logical choice I can see is Gary Johnson, but I'm not too high on him since his Guantanamo remarks and subsequent flip flop. I don't know who else could do it, but he has to win the nomination first regardless.

I was at my primary voting place in Seattle Washington in 2007 and there were shit tons of people there for RP... If that number has gone up RP stands a fucking awesome chance.

No one person will save America.
WE will save America if it is to be done and it includes voting with common sense for all government offices. forgetting partisanship and actually voting for the best.

A president alone will not save America.

WE will save America if it is to be done and it includes voting with common sense for all government offices. forgetting partisanship and actually voting for the best.

its going to also include a lot of us making sacrifices from the poor all the way to the rich, from the old to the young, from the employed to the unemployed.....everyone.

Sure I can make that claim. The public doesn't thrive on politics like we do. I like that he is involved to steer the debate but thats all I think he can hope to accomplish. Unlike the poster who said I dont know anything about politics I know you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not pompous enough to claim what you do or dont know. Carry on

You do realize that people who vote in primary elections are typically people who are knowledgeable about politics, right? That's well known. If you're voting in the primary, you know who Ron Paul is and what his positions are. He's a Tea Party darling. You're not a tea party member because you DON'T know what's going on in politics.

Pull you heads out of you asses. Just because you cant stop drooling over 1 candidate doesn't mean anyone who doesn't support him doesn't know politics. I clearly stated that its primary voters that give him life, but it wont ever be enough to put him over the top. I know you two have got a great little candle light moment going on here and thats great and all but it doesn't mean shit.

PS. I work for the local RNC every election cycle here in KC. Liking Ron Paul does not make you the masters of the universe nor the Omnipotent ones of politics.

I agree, but the President is the person who can focus that will of the people. Obama much like Bush goes against that will. America wants a country they can be proud of and not fear, Obama tries to pit everyone against Republicans to further divide the nation while allowing (on purpose) the worst elements of the Republicans to be signed into law along with the worst elements of Democrats... Then Obama runs his mouth that we get shit bills because the Reps won’t compromise…

So like I said, it’s the president that can focus the will of the people… If Obama wanted a balanced budget he could have easily had one but instead he made sure to get the worst of everything in a single bill that did nothing good… This is true on near all of Obama’s policies. I believe Ron Paul can do more in his first week than Obama over these last 3 years. Ending wars, closing bases and demanding a balanced budget. Not allowing stimulus and bail outs…

Sure I can make that claim. The public doesn't thrive on politics like we do. I like that he is involved to steer the debate but thats all I think he can hope to accomplish. Unlike the poster who said I dont know anything about politics I know you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not pompous enough to claim what you do or dont know. Carry on

Pull you heads out of you asses. Just because you cant stop drooling over 1 candidate doesn't mean anyone who doesn't support him doesn't know politics. I clearly stated that its primary voters that give him life, but it wont ever be enough to put him over the top. I know you two have got a great little candle light moment going on here and thats great and all but it doesn't mean shit.

PS. I work for the local RNC every election cycle here in KC. Liking Ron Paul does not make you the masters of the universe nor the Omnipotent ones of politics.

Again, people are allowed to vote for who they like best, RP got this far because people did just that. If we all voted for McCain's and Obama's then we would never get anywhere. Be thankful there are people willing to vote for the better person than the one that might be able to win despite the country still losing.

Again, people are allowed to vote for who they like best, RP got this far because people did just that. If we all voted for McCain's and Obama's then we would never get anywhere. Be thankful there are people willing to vote for the better person than the one that might be able to win despite the country still losing.

You'll get no dissagreement out of me on that point. I was just responding to the 2 lovebirds after they rejected my opinion with insults.

Hey, you're the idiot who said most people don't know what he stands for. I simply pointed out that voters in primaries DO know what he stands for, because they're the most knowledgeable. You don't get to have it both ways. You can't say that no one knows what he stands for, and then say primary voters give him life. It doesn't make any sense at all.

And the reason people are "drooling" over him is because he's the only candidate that's different. The rest of the field is a bunch of the same shit with different faces. They have no ideas of their own, only ideas that their handlers tell them to have each day to keep popularity rising.

Paul's popularity rises in spite of the fact that he never changes his message. It's pretty amazing if you ask me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back