Romney, HOLY CRAP

:eusa_shhh:
that's not his FAULT either...NOTHING IS...the man is blameless and has no RESPONSIBLILTY for NOTHING..
Oh but he did kill Bin Laden

Well, a GOP policy of obstructionism from the day of his inauguration certainly didn't help.

Uh huh. And who held up 2 GOP proposals to cut the deficit? That's right...the Senate. Run by....that's right....Democrats.

Democrats offered a cut to revenue ratio of 4 to 1...Republicants turned it down. Every single GOP candidate stood on stage and said they would turn down a 10 to 1 ratio. Try again.

Democrats Offer Significant Concessions - Plan Is to the Right of Bowles-Simpson and Gang of Six

Political tides change often, but right now it seems pretty clear that the GOP is far less willing to build consensus than the Democrats. Our legislative branch is absolutely paralyzed by this behavior, while the ship is sinking.

And they'll change again or be voted out. There is a reason congressional approval rating is at an all time low. If our legislators don't start working together they're going to be looking for new work.

Amen to THAT.

It was all wishful thinking of course...

Congressional Elections: Most Members Returning Despite Low Approval Ratings

There are Democraps that support the military, that don't like Obamacare, that don't like endless welfare, don't like stealing from the rich, etc.

The 3 Stooges....Obamination, Pelosi and Reid are typical Democraps, but there are some that only run as Democraps to win their districts and they will work with Romney to fix this mess. The 3 Stooges just want to burn this country to the ground for "change."

they know hes lying to the moderate voters

Everyone knows that "Compromise" is a dirty word to most in the GOP controlled House and many in the GOP Senate. The Baggers have removed the word from their vocabulary.
The word 'compromise' is so absent from the Democrat Party language, that they actually have to pull out a dictionary to look up the meaning of the word when someone uses it.

This is so stupid. It won't let me quote the post I'm responding to because is says "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more." and, there is a URL in the quoted reply. So, my response is to Truthmatters, post #17, with the video of Mitch McConnell.

Right on! Excellent goal. As if that isn't the goal of the left, to make any Republican a one-term president? Sure it is...right? So, why should it be any different for Republicans' goal to be to make a leftist president a one-term president?

Here's the difference. Let's see if you're able to understand. The Democrat leader of the Senate didn't stand in front of tv cameras during the worst economic situation since the Great Depression and tell America that his single most important goal was, not to see that Americans get back to work, not that people struggling to find jobs get the help they need, but to see that Obama is a one term president. The man said it with a straight face and you gobbled it up like candy.

The Facts

McConnell made his remarks in an interview that appeared in the National Journal on Oct. 23, 2010 -- nearly two years after Obama was elected president. The interview took place on the eve of the midterm elections. The interview is relatively short, so we will print it in its entirety, with key portions highlighted.

NJ: You've been studying the history of presidents who lost part or all of Congress in their first term. Why?

McConnell: In the last 100 years, three presidents suffered big defeats in Congress in their first term and then won reelection: Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, and the most recent example, Bill Clinton. I read a lot of history anyway, but I am trying to apply those lessons to current situations in hopes of not making the same mistakes.

NJ: What have you learned?

McConnell: After 1994, the public had the impression we Republicans overpromised and underdelivered. We suffered from some degree of hubris and acted as if the president was irrelevant and we would roll over him. By the summer of 1995, he was already on the way to being reelected, and we were hanging on for our lives.

NJ: What does this mean now?

McConnell: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, "Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job."

NJ: What's the job?

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?

McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he's willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it's not inappropriate for us to do business with him.

NJ: What are the big issues?

McConnell: It is possible the president's advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I imagine, find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don't want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we'll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

NJ: What will you seek from the president on the tax issue?

McConnell: At the very least, I believe we should extend all of the Bush tax cuts. And I prefer to describe this as keeping current tax policy. It's been on the books for 10 years. Now, how long that [extension] is, is something we can discuss. It was clear his position was not [favored] among all Senate Democrats. They had their own divisions. I don't think those divisions are going to be any less in November and December.

When seen in full context, McConnell's quote is not really as shocking as the snippet that is frequently repeated by Democrats.

Generally, Democrats suggest that McConnell believed that no problem is bigger than getting rid of Obama, but it is clear that he is speaking in a political context -- that the goals of Republicans could not be achieved unless Obama is defeated in his race for reelection. A case in point: the health care law could not be overturned unless Obama is defeated.

Moreover, McConnell goes on to say that he does "not want the president to fail" and cooperation was possible "if he's willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues." McConnell in fact cited an extension of the Bush tax cuts -- and Obama did strike such a deal shortly after the midterm elections.

Here's how McConnell explained his remarks in a speech after the election, when Republicans had taken over the House of Representatives and made huge gains in the Senate:

"Let's start with the big picture. Over the past week, some have said it was indelicate of me to suggest that our top priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office. But the fact is, if our primary legislative goals are to repeal and replace the health spending bill; to end the bailouts; cut spending; and shrink the size and scope of government, the only way to do all these things is to put someone in the White House who won't veto any of these things. We can hope the President will start listening to the electorate after Tuesday's election. But we can't plan on it. And it would be foolish to expect that Republicans will be able to completely reverse the damage Democrats have done as long as a Democrat holds the veto pen."

The Pinocchio Test

There is no doubt that McConnell said he wanted to make Obama a one-term president. But he did not say it at the start of Obama's term; instead, he made the comments at the midpoint, after Obama had enacted many of his preferred policies.

Perhaps, in Obama's memory, McConnell was always uncooperative. But that does not give him and other Democrats the license to rearrange the chronology to suit the party's talking points.

So, see, the fact is, McConnell saying "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president" was, by extension, telling America that his single most important goal was to see that Americans get back to work and that people struggling to find jobs get the help they need.

I just heard Romney tell a crowd in Wisconsin that, as President, he'll reach across the aisle and work with Democrats to solve our country's problems!

HOLY CRAP, the GOP isn't gonna let him get away with that shit, are they?

Reaching across the aisle? No problem. Reacing down an grabbing his ankles? Fuck that shit.

I just heard Romney tell a crowd in Wisconsin that, as President, he'll reach across the aisle and work with Democrats to solve our country's problems!

No worries. Sen. Reid is on record as saying that the Senate DIMS will not even try.

Your sanctimony is thus quite inappropriate.

No worries. Sen. Reid is on record as saying that the Senate DIMS will not even try.

Your sanctimony is thus quite inappropriate.

No he isn't. He said he will not allow "severely conservative" Reversible Mittens to pass legislation like he talked about in the Primaries. Now, the "etch-a-sketch" Mitt that has been reciting Obama foreign policy verbatim, loving teachers, talking about peace & giving full funding to FEMA, etc...I'm sure Harry can work with him.

Forum List

Back