Romney deliberately lost election

I posted it in theory for a reason. I certainly don't have the access, wherewithal to prove it. But others can add more evidence, circumstantial or otherwise.

Why would Romney who proved so dismal the first time around try to run again, especially when his own son said something along the lines that 'he wasn't into it'? Romney is known from BaineCapital to be a wheeling-dealing schemer.

I dont think that the Crowley episode made all that much difference, remember Obama had a terrible first debate,

but the media in general is heavily funded by; 1)medical industries and 2)insurance companies so I do agree we have a corrupt and bought press.

Perhaps Romney was up to the same thing in 2008. All the other rep candidates thought he was playing a destructive role. And health-care was a part of that overall campaign.

Ive never heard it was his lifelong dream. That wasnt even said in the sappy bios the campaigns typically put out. I can believe tho that he wanted to avenge his fathers loss by screwing over the Republican party that screwed over his father.

And I am agreeing with u that he was a big phony, even to the point of his run for president.

Ive never heard it was his lifelong dream. That wasnt even said in the sappy bios the campaigns typically put out. I can believe tho that he wanted to avenge his fathers loss by screwing over the Republican party that screwed over his father.

And I am agreeing with u that he was a big phony, even to the point of his run for president.

Oh, I hate Mitt Romney with a passion.

I just think the guy really, really wanted to be President and was just arrogant enough to think he could pull it off.

well, another piece of circumstantial evidence just came to mind this morning. The inane choice of Paul Ryan for vice-presidential nominee. Could a worse choice have been made??????

You hate anyone to the right of Pol Pot with a passion.

I just think the guy really, really wanted to be President and was just arrogant enough to think he could pull it off.

He didn't grasp the power of a completely corrupt press.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times - all part of TEAM OBAMA.

well, another piece of circumstantial evidence just came to mind this morning. The inane choice of Paul Ryan for vice-presidential nominee. Could a worse choice have been made??????

As much as I HATE sticking up for Romney, Ryan did exactly what he was supposed to do as a veep- give a faction of the party that otherwise felt neglected something to cheer for.

Compared to truly awful runningmates- Eagleton, Ferraro, Quayle, Palin - Ryan was just fine. He held his own in a debate with Biden and gave the base something to be enthusiastic over.

You hate anyone to the right of Pol Pot with a passion.

He didn't grasp the power of a completely corrupt press.

ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times - all part of TEAM OBAMA.

No, most of Romney's wounds were self-inflicted, dumbass.

Frankly, I thought the media went easy on him. They didn't point out just how batshit crazy Mormons are, and they didn't point out all the lives this douchebag ruined making himself richer.

Instead, they just let Romney be Romney.

Actually, funny thing about that.

This is something I came across the Friday before it was announced, so I can't prove it now, but it is interesting.

Mitt Romney announced Ryan would be his running mate on a Monday. On the Friday before his announcement, I KNEW who he was going to announce. How? The White house.gov web site TOLD us who he was going to announce!! :lol: (Though, to be fair, by Saturday afternoon, they took it back down again. It was a bit premature.)

Basically, what it was, was an attack on Paul Ryan's economic plan! Why would they outline an attack on his economic philosophy and his jobs plan, when he hadn't even been announced the running mate of Romney yet? I was stunned. :eek:

I was like, what, is the White house suggesting, in a round about way who they fear the most Romney might pick? Or are they running the Republican campaign? But then, that's just crazy talk. lol

You never know though. We do know these two parties get together and slice up power sharing at the CFR. So. . . I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the next four years, we MUST get a Republican president, it is part of the compromise. WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAk-7F1EVU]Cheney on CFR, Council on Foreign Relations - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9wxl1Dmas]Hillary Clinton admits the CFR gives the Orders - YouTube[/ame]

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
~Joseph Stalin

there almost seemed like coordination at one point also between Romney and Obama on approach to gay marriage. It seemed at one point that Obama made and announcement on gay marriage and Romney made a statement that almost supported him in a way.

there almost seemed like coordination at one point also between Romney and Obama on approach to gay marriage. It seemed at one point that Obama made and announcement on gay marriage and Romney made a statement that almost supported him in a way.

Actually, it was kind of hard for Romney to really attack Obama on gay marriage, given the first state to legalize it was on his watch as Governor.

But the real problem was, that wasn't a hill Romney wanted to fight on.

The kind of people who were against gay marriage were the kind of people who were never going to vote for Obama to start with.

Actually, it was kind of hard for Romney to really attack Obama on gay marriage, given the first state to legalize it was on his watch as Governor.

The kind of people who were against gay marriage were the kind of people who were never going to vote for Obama to start with.

those "kind of people" could just have stayed home...and appears they may have
Romney supposedly made other attempts to gain their support...why would he go out of his way to snub them on this??? He could have just made no comment

those "kind of people" could just have stayed home...and appears they may have
Romney supposedly made other attempts to gain their support...why would he go out of his way to snub them on this??? He could have just made no comment

No, they really didn't.

Romney did not lose because Conservatives stayed home.

Romney lost because moderates didn't vote for him. Just like they didn't vote for McCain.

Here's the thing. Romney got slightly more votes- 60 million- than McCain did with 59 million, and only slightly less than the 62 million Bush-43 got in 2004. In short, the swing for the GOP base as only about 3 million either way.

And it's a lot easier to believe that Bush's 2 million margin were moderates who simply were not going to vote out an incumbant president in the middle of a war who weren't too keen on voting for more war 4 or 8 years later when everyone was sick of the whole thing.

Seems to make sense.

Or to look at it another way... let's look at race.

Bush got 58% of the White vote, McCain got 55%, Romney actually IMPROVED on both of them and got 59%. In short, if your profile of the "missing" voter is a white guy of conservative leanings, Romney was all over that shit.

But where he lost ground is with blacks- 11% for Bush compared to 6% for Romney, (McCain got 4%) With Asians, Bush got 44%, McCain dropped to 35% and Romney got 26%

And more importantly, with hispanics.

Bush got a repectable 44% of the Hispanic vote, something I give him credit for working VERY HARD to build bridges. McCain dropped that down to 31%. Probably because after being a reasonable guy on immigration, he went ahead and embraced the Tancrazies. Romny got all of 27% of the Hispanic vote.

Sorry, Romney did not lose because he was failing to suck up to the white religious crazies...

It was everyone else he managed to drive off in the process.

In short, if your profile of the "missing" voter is a white guy of conservative leanings, Romney was all over that shit.
what percentage of the gay vote did Romney get?

again I say

I dont trust your numbers anyway, there was much less exit polling done last time around than in years before as I understand it. The better to cloud the race with made-up numbers.

Forum List

Back