RNC chair condemns "Barack the Magic Negro" song

I thought the song was supposed to be a joke and took it that way. I do think the RNC needs to broaden it's appeal and this is maybe not the best way to do that, but I think getting up in arms about something that seemed to clearly be a joke - and based on something written in the pretty liberal LA Times - is making a problem where one doesn't exist.

Personally, I am waiting to see what Obama does before I judge him. I think that is the only sensible thing to do. I am not swayed by some silly song and I can't imagine that anyone else would be either so I guess I just don't see the huge problem that other people see.
the song was a parody and meant to poke fun at the LA Times writer and Sharpton and jackson for the stupid comments they made
not really against Obama
but some dont seem to understand that, most likely they have never actually heard the full song

Democrats like Al Sharpton are the real racists. As other's have pointed out, that's the point of the song. But, of course, the Democratic Party is racist by definition because Affirmative Action is part of their Party's Platform. (And in case you didn't know, Affirmative Action gives preferential treatment to someone based on race. That's called 'racism'.)

Thank God I'm not a member of the Democratic Party and therefore a Racist by definition. Aren't you?

the song was a parody and meant to poke fun at the LA Times writer and Sharpton and jackson for the stupid comments they made
not really against Obama
but some dont seem to understand that, most likely they have never actually heard the full song
Not that I really want to agree with cons on this one but I do. If you listen to the song all it really says is Obama isn't from the hood so he hasn't really lived the life of the black man, he didn't struggle like them but he benefiting from their struggle.
Now it hurts me to say this but I bet a few DNC members sent around a few offensive emails about Palin and being a women, I am sure even about Hilary for that matter.
And as for spredding racism, these guys were sending it to each other so it wasn't like they were really spredding the hate. They already don't like the guy and by people making a huge deal about this we are doing more to spred the hate then they are.

Jim my boy let me explain something to you, that ain't racism. The word Negro is the scientific term for a black person. Negro is Latin for black also Spanish and French. You have a desperate need to get a freaking life.

Democrats like Al Sharpton are the real racists. As other's have pointed out, that's the point of the song. But, of course, the Democratic Party is racist by definition because Affirmative Action is part of their Party's Platform. (And in case you didn't know, Affirmative Action gives preferential treatment to someone based on race. That's called 'racism'.)

Thank God I'm not a member of the Democratic Party and therefore a Racist by definition. Aren't you?

Yup, f*ck Sharpton and Jackson they are the two biggest racists around.. They are hypocrites who always look at themselves as the judge and jury on who is black and who is not. When the both of them endorsed Sharpe James over Corey Brooks and used racial wedges I lost all respect for them. Corey is half white and half black btw, and he was called a host of lewd names like a "white republican" that were used to wedge the heavily black and democrat voters.

I think it is great. If the GOP keeps up their narrow minded approaches, then they will lose even more in 2011 and 2013. Yes, I think the GOP should continue their efforts at broadening their base! Good work...LOL

I think it is great. If the GOP keeps up their narrow minded approaches, then they will lose even more in 2011 and 2013. Yes, I think the GOP should continue their efforts at broadening their base! Good work...LOL
still clueless about what it was

:lol:

Sorry I didn't lose my political views weren't well represented by either presidential candidate.

McCain lost largely because he abandoned the core of his party.

Thought it was bad enough listening to McCain praise himself for being nice to Democrats. The GOP is getting wimpier and wobblier by the minute.

They should just run a stuffed Barney next time, this party has no balls.

not at all
at least i know what it was
you still clearly dont

Perception is 80% of the game. Even if it is not racist, because the GOP is advancing it, the reasoning is they are doing so to harm. That is the way the majority of the electorate will see it.

But I think that the song should become a part of future GOP platforms. It would be fitting.

Perception is 80% of the game. Even if it is not racist, because the GOP is advancing it, the reasoning is they are doing so to harm. That is the way the majority of the electorate will see it.

But I think that the song should become a part of future GOP platforms. It would be fitting.
well, if you would ACTUALLY listen to it, you might change your error filled perception
;)

Okay, I listened to it. It slams Sharpton more than Obama but it still smells of racism.

Tell me why the GOP would send this out to all its members? Don't you think they should be reaching out, rather than antagonizing? This has the potential to anger many, regardless of whether it is a racist video or not.

But, alas they do seem to learn on a slow curb, do they not? Have a nice day.

Okay, I listened to it. It slams Sharpton more than Obama but it still smells of racism.

Tell me why the GOP would send this out to all its members? Don't you think they should be reaching out, rather than antagonizing? This has the potential to anger many, regardless of whether it is a racist video or not.

But, alas they do seem to learn on a slow curb, do they not? Have a nice day.
the GOP didnt
didnt you even read the story?

and how is it racist to show someone elses racism?

the GOP didnt
didnt you even read the story?

and how is it racist to show someone elses racism?

You must be reading only from the FOX web page again. The majority of republicans seem to feel it was in very poor taste to send the video.

GOP reaction divided over controversial Obama song - CNN.com

"Granted, he didn't pull a George Allen and personally call Obama a 'magic negro,' but sending a CD with those lyrics shortly after electing the first African American President -- one supported by nearly 97% of the African American community -- shows a serious lack of judgment, tact, and the necessary level of racial sensitivity expected of public officials," wrote Richardson, a Red State contributor, on conservative blog The Skepticians.

But with each response to my post, you are placing this topic front and center again. If you are that proud of it, then by all means continue. We can keep this going until...well the mid-term elections if you wish. I AM GAME!

Forum List

Back