Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

And both were engaged in illegal activity when attacking and defending.
I know what you're referring to, but I think it could be argued that, in consideration that the government abandoned that community, that Rittenhouse was justified to carry a gun. What else is a citizen to do when the government abandons the people and their property?

I know what you're referring to, but I think it could be argued that, in consideration that the government abandoned that community, that Rittenhouse was justified to carry a gun. What else is a citizen to do when the government abandons the people and their property?

It wasn’t his community. He crossed state lines to look for trouble. He found it. Now he has all the trouble he could ever want.

What you describe is illegal.

It wasn’t his community. He crossed state lines to look for trouble. He found it. Now he has all the trouble he could ever want.

What you describe is illegal.
Why do you say he was out to "look for trouble"? How is that? He donated his time to repair a company ravaged by vandalism and also put out a fire started by an arsonist. Are you saying that it was criminal to stymie the efforts of the vandals and arsonists?

Nor does it matter if it was "his" community. Perhaps Rittenhouse wanted to help those in need, particularly when the government had abandoned them. Are you opposed to people in one community helping people in another community? Isn't Rittenhouse also a member of the American community?

Why do you say he was out to "look for trouble"? How is that? He donated his time to repair a company ravaged by vandalism and also put out a fire started by an arsonist. Are you saying that it was criminal to stymie the efforts of the vandals and arsonists?

Nor does it matter if it was "his" community. Perhaps Rittenhouse wanted to help those in need, particularly when the government had abandoned them. Are you opposed to people in one community helping people in another community? Isn't Rittenhouse also a member of the American community?

Rittenhouse wasn't a fire fighter or a policeman. He wasn't qualified to go to another community and render aid.

He went there looking for trouble and found trouble, and now two people are dead, one is maimed for life and he's going to spend most of his young life in prison for it.

Rittenhouse wasn't a fire fighter or a policeman. He wasn't qualified to go to another community and render aid.

He went there looking for trouble and found trouble, and now two people are dead, one is maimed for life and he's going to spend most of his young life in prison for it.
The government forbade the police to protect the community. When government abdicates their duties, citizens have a right to fill the void.

You apparently prefer that arsonists are ignored so that they can torch millions of dollars of businesses and infrastructure to the ground.

That guy wasn't chasing Rittenhouse. Try harder next time.

Sure. He was just running along, behind the violent ex con who WAS chasing Rittenhouse.

How many people were along side him, or right behind him? Where exactly at this time where the other two guys that Rittenhouse had to shot as they attacked him? Peacefully taking a nap further down the road until they heard shots?

I don't think so.

You use these words, like you are just plopping them into slots in a sentence diagram, with no real understanding of their actual meanings.

Well, the prosecution won't do anything with it, then.

I understand the desire to seer the kid go free. After all, the vermin he killed were part of a nationwide scourge that was destroying our country. It's easy to romanticize his actions in defense of those less capable and hold him up as a hero.

But there are some undeniable truths which, when considered, paint a bleak picture for the young Rittenhouse.

Rittenhouse illegally acquired the rifle he had. That can't even be debated. That, in and of itself, is a misdemeanor (although the friend who got it for him faces more serious charges). He could not legally possess the firearm whether he was home in Illinois or in Kenosha where the shooting took place. The fact that he used that weapon to kill two people could elevate the possession of the weapon to a felony, which in turn elevates the severity of all other charges connected to the case.

I don't want to see the kid go to prison, but I think he's going to. It's far more important that the rule of law be a higher priority than some stupid kid who wanted to be a vigilante...

The only reason the gun was illegal, was because he was a minor.

To AT THE SAME TIME charge him with crimes that were only crimes because he was a CHILD as an ADULT, facing adult time,

is unjust.

He should either be considered a child and charged that way, or a adult man and charged that way.

DOING BOTH at the same time, so that the courts can fuck him more, is not right.

ESPECIALLY, since the tactic would be to NOT look at the self defense claim, based on it's merits, but to simply dismiss it.

That is beyond the pale.

The only reason the gun was illegal, was because he was a minor.

I fully understand that.

However, the fact that the gun was illegally obtained could increase the severity of the charges stemming from the shooting...

To AT THE SAME TIME charge him with crimes that were only crimes because he was a CHILD as an ADULT, facing adult time,

is unjust.
It's really not.

You want to dismiss the shootings as incidental simply because the crime of obtaining the weapon illegally is a misdemeanor. That's just not how it works.

But, if you insisted on having your way, I'm sure the prosecution would opt for charging him as an adult...

He should either be considered a child and charged that way, or a adult man and charged that way.

DOING BOTH at the same time, so that the courts can fuck him more, is not right.

They're not doing it so they can "fuck him more"...

ESPECIALLY, since the tactic would be to NOT look at the self defense claim, based on it's merits, but to simply dismiss it.

That is beyond the pale.
Yeah, a dismissal's not going to happen...

In another reply you say he was cautiously carrying a gun. He knew this was illegal. He did it anyway. So he knew if he was interviewed by police he would go to jail. He went anyway.

He knew the area was off limits. Police had ordered everyone to disperse. He had not left the area. Failure to follow a cops command is usually plenty of justification for a guy getting shot by cops. At least for those cheering Kyle.

He did not have permission to be on the property he was “defending”. That is trespassing.

We haven’t even gotten to the shooting yet and if he was caught he would have spent a year in jail.

He claimed to be a paramedic. He wasn’t. He had a basic first aid course. Hardly the same thing.

So this hero was a poser. Committing many crimes in the preparation to stop criminals. So far he is actually more criminal than a vast majority of the protestors.

In another reply I used opposing gang colors in a gang area. In that case I would be looking for trouble. Self defense would not be available as a legal defense.

So Kyle was there expecting trouble. He was so certain he carried an illegal weapon. He knew this was a crime and did it anyway.

Kyle got the trouble he sought. And now he will likely spend many years in prison paying for his desire to be a hero.

If you want to really help him. Send him videos and books on how to survive in prison.

So let’s say an armed robber kills the clerk because the clerk attacked the robber. Is that also self defense?
Let's say 27 ninjas jump me in my bathroom while I'm taking a shit...... oh wait, let's not.
Let's not waste any more time with bullshit.

Maybe the kid shouldn't have been there; so what?
Neither should all those rioters.

You can say he maybe shouldn't have been armed but those mobs are violent as fuck, and they're armed too, so if you're going to be there, it's pretty stupid not to be armed.

At the end of the day, the only questions that matter are; who was being attacked?
Who was running away and trying to avoid the conflict?

That's it.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors to distract from that simple truth.

I remember down here in Texas when Harvey hit, we didn't tell our neighbors in The Cajun Navy they weren't welcome to come help, and we didn't demand to see their licenses and certifications.

We just thanked them for it.

Be careful what you wish for, because if the system gets that corrupted, then we'll simply stop using it or deferring to it. We'll just ignore it entirely and do things the way we see fit.

And then what are you going to do?

Let's say 27 ninjas jump me in my bathroom while I'm taking a shit...... oh wait, let's not.
Let's not waste any more time with bullshit.

Maybe the kid shouldn't have been there; so what?
Neither should all those rioters.

You can say he maybe shouldn't have been armed but those mobs are violent as fuck, and they're armed too, so if you're going to be there, it's pretty stupid not to be armed.

At the end of the day, the only questions that matter are; who was being attacked?
Who was running away and trying to avoid the conflict?

That's it.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors to distract from that simple truth.

So everything leading up to the shooting is irrelevant? Then there are a lot of people in jail and prison who are innocent according to you.

Forum List

Back