RIP Ron Bushy. Finally Found His Garden of Eden

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Original member of Iron Butterfly drummer Ron Bushy has passed away.

Iron Butterfly guitarist Erik Brann died in 2003, while bassist Lee Dorman died in 2012, leaving only Doug Ingle left as the last surviving member.

The Iron Butterfly were revolutionary in their sound of the 1960s using the new electronic distortions of the day.

Iron-Butterfly-Heavy.jpg

iron-butterfly.jpg

cover_215171632017_r.jpg

65a29ae43f369f53a2d3caa7d966264b--listen-music-online-psychedelic-rock-bands.jpg

IRON_BUTTERFLY_BALL_LP_5.jpg

Last edited:
I can't even remember how many times I was tripping my balls off to Gadda da Vida back in the 60's.

Probably wouldn't do that again if I had the chance.

I can't even remember how many times I was tripping my balls off to Gadda da Vida back in the 60's.

Probably wouldn't do that again if I had the chance.

The thing I note now is how they painted pictures with their music. The organ wasn't just electronic and fuzzy, but it was dark and smoky and foreboding, and the drums didn't just punctuate a melody, he painted an image with his tom toms picking just the right one to follow a hidden melody of their own, and the guitar and organ were making sounds that I can't even guess how they made them and many only lasted for a second, but today are used as the basis for entire songs, but without the Butterfly's ability to paint a colorful canvas of mental tapestries.

Forum List

Back