RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

Acclaimed folk-rock musician David Crosby died at the age of 81, according to Variety. His death was confirmed by a statement from Crosby's wife, Jan Crosby. Crosby died after a long illness, according to what his wife wrote. As a musician, Crosby played with the Byrds and Crosby, Still, Nash & Young. In his career, Crosby also released a number of solo records (via AllMusic). His latest work "For Free" came out in 2021.

Comment:
Saw CSN is concert in the 70s.
RIP

I’m thinking the average age of USMB posters is in the 70s.
I'm thinking average is less than that. I know them dudes were way older than me, but definitely still relevant in my life.
Those dudes were from the Quaalude days. Their music is timeless.

Pretty sure Stills did 7 years for meth. (reds)

I had a friend that did about that, too. I think that was unfair. Being it started in 8th grade.

Funny, I never read about Dave's father beating him like Bing did to his son Gary.
Born in Los Angeles, David's father was a cinematographer and his mother was an artist.
Trash talking Bing Crosby is not good.

James Raymond, son of David Crosby who was given up by Crosby for adoption, they later reconciled and recorded songs together

Okay, 1 more Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young tune.

Or maybe just CSN, because a Southern man don't need him around anyhow. :banana:

You were totally in the dark and highly mis-informed, Mr. Duke.
Yeah, no. What my girly friend went away for for years was called "reds".
Amphetamines. Some kinda pharmaceutical shit.

You ain't gonna be gaslighting my memories, sorry.

I know what I know, and I don't what I don't. I do know that Amphetamines were called "reds". :dunno:

And that I saw the pilled up girls on the bus daily. So yeah, I do know a little bit about that.

Naw, I never took the pills, but I saw them take them. Quaaludes and downers (opposite of reds, barbituates) and all.

Wtf ever Barbituates are. :oops: "Downers" is all I know. :dunno:

I used to see the girls take all the pills back in the day. Not sure if there's even still such a thing as "Barbituates", but there was then.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back