Revenues are down down dow

June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Free lunch tax-cut theorists need to pay attention here.

Compared to same period in FY2017:

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

Monthly Treasury Statement
Anyone else tired of the greedy drama queen?

And there you have it - from wearing tea bags on their heads to now calling national debt concerns "greedy"
you do realize tax cuts increase revenue but it does take a year or two for the growth to kick in.......so the first year or two you lose money.........it's like you've never seen this before.

They do not increase revenues. There are secondary effects (dynamic effects) but they only recoup a fraction of up front cost.

Economists left, right and center agree on this general principle.

1.5 trillion is the first order 10 year cost, it goes down to about 1 trillion with generous allowance for dynamic feedback.
Not true, the 80s are proof. the cuts happened in 81, you had a recession in 82, then BOOM! growth and taxes were the same level in 83 and grew after that to double the amount in 88.

June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

And there you have it - from wearing tea bags on their heads to now calling national debt concerns "greedy"
you do realize tax cuts increase revenue but it does take a year or two for the growth to kick in.......so the first year or two you lose money.........it's like you've never seen this before.

They do not increase revenues. There are secondary effects (dynamic effects) but they only recoup a fraction of up front cost.

1.5 trillion is the first order 10 year cost, it goes down to about 1 trillion with generous allowance for dynamic feedback.
Not true, the 80s are proof. the cuts happened in 81, you had a recession in 82, then BOOM! growth and taxes were the same level in 83 and grew after that to double the amount in 88.

If it was proof why did Reagan, Bush and Clinton sign so many tax raises and ended up with absolute record revenues relative to economy size by yea 2000?

It’s not proof, it’s bullshit tax-cut cultists tell each other.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

When you compare, you are supposed to compare with the SAME MONTH in the PRIOR YEAR.

So try this again.

I did dummy.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

It tickles me when I see Obama supporters lecturing us on the debt.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Is that you Reagan/Trump fan?

Keep laughing dummy.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Keep laughing dummy.
My point was made, fuckwad.
The only time you shitheads care about the national debt or the deficit is when a Republican is in the WH.
Otherwise, you just spend like drunken sailors or worse, much more than the Republicans ever would.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Keep laughing dummy.
The only time you shitheads care about the national debt or the deficit is when a Republican is in the WH.
Otherwise, you just spend like drunken sailors or worse, much more than the Republicans ever would.

That’s really funny considering you clearly don’t give a fuck and just want to make this about me, not facts.

Keep laughing dummy.

That’s really funny considering you clearly don’t give a fuck and just want to make this about me, not facts.
Lousy comeback.
But the fact is, you dicks don't give a shit about the debt unless somebody like Bush or Trump is in the WH.....and while Obama was president you felt he wasn't wasting a penny.
Now it matters to your ass, you hypocrite.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

There isn't an economist in the world that can honestly tell you or me what the GDP will be a year from today, or what the Dow Jones average will be a year from today. Yet, they want to pretend they can guess what will happen ten years from now? Far too many unpredictable factors in play in a free economy.

An economist is an expert who can tell you tomorrow why the prediction he made yesterday did not materialize today.

Keep laughing dummy.

Lousy comeback.
But the fact is, you dicks don't give a shit about the debt unless somebody like Bush or Trump is in the WH.....and while Obama was president you felt he wasn't wasting a penny.

that is not fact, that’s bullshit.

My advocacy on deficits has been fairly consistent - run them up to stimulate economy in tough times, PAY THEM DOWN in good times.

It’s why I supported Stimulus and opposed indefinite extension of tax cuts in 2012 (as I recall Obama was the one in office. 2018 tax-cuts ON TOP of those tax-cuts is straight bonkers.

You on the other hand RIGHT HERE are not giving a fuck.

Last edited:

Keep laughing dummy.

Lousy comeback.

My advocacy on deficits has been fairly consistent - run them up to stimulate economy in tough times, PAY THEM DOWN in good times.

It’s why I supported Stimulus and opposed indefinite extension of tax cuts in 2012 (as I recall Obama was the one in office. 2018 tax-cuts ON TOP of those tax-cuts is straight bonkers.

Obviously running up the debt isn't a good thing in any economy.
Thanks to Obama we're currently over $21 trillion in debt.
I work in the government, and while Obama was sending billions overseas to foreign banks, we couldn't even get our grass cut.
Right now we're trying to fix all of the shitty buildings that low-bid contractors built while Obama was president.
Instead of building up the military, Obama decimated it.
So Trump is having to totally rebuild our military and our space programs.
But this has happened in the past. Jimmy Carter gutted our military and so did Bill Clinton. It's what Democrats do.

We had eight years of fiscal stagnation under Obama and the National Debit went up and we got nothing for it but the left didn't complain.

Obama spent on stimulating economy in deep recession and big unemployment.

Instead of now handling our long term fiscal problems, Trump is now blowing a hole in the budget to stimulate what has become over last 7 years a solid economy with full employment.

One of those does not make any sense.

The economy is currently solid. Agree

It has gotten better over the past 7 years: Agree

We are being stupid with these tax cuts: Agree

I still see no effort to cut spending.

F you and your bullshit concerns. You didn't give a fuck for years and now you are concerned? Bullshit. You are a lying hypocrite.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass - deficits have always been a concern in my posting and I dare you to quote me EVER saying otherwise.
Should have said the party you voted for. I could go through all the posts, but I will take your word for it.
I'm doing much better under Trump than I ever did under Obama.
That's what I look at, what affects me.
Carry on

Lol, because you got a few dollars from tax-cut last few months? :rolleyes:

Who do you think will be paying for the debts tax-cut you pocket today causes? Magic fairies?
Lol, has nothing to do with the tax cuts. I didn't even mention tax cuts.
I just need to look at my portfolio and smile.
Doing much better thanks to Trump.

Your portfolio is a piece of paper. The market can crash tomorrow. BTW, your portfolio didn't increase under Obama? Mine sure did. The upward trajectory began under Obama, yet you give him no credit. I smell racism.

Keep laughing dummy.

Lousy comeback.

I work in the government, and while Obama was sending billions overseas to foreign banks, we couldn't even get our grass cut.
Right now we're trying to fix all of the shitty buildings that low-bid contractors built while Obama was president.
But this has happened in the past. Jimmy Carter gutted our military and so did Bill Clinton. It's what Democrats do.

You are wrong on all accounts. Republicans have been in charge of spending since 2010. Obama didn't decimate the military. The U.S. spends more than the next 10 countries in the world combined on defense.

Lousy comeback.

You are wrong on all accounts. Republicans have been in charge of spending since 2010. Obama didn't decimate the military. The U.S. spends more than the next 10 countries in the world combined on defense.
The reason we spend more than 10 countries combined should have been obvious to anyone who has been paying attention. Our NATO allies have been shirking their responsibilities and relying on the US to protect them. Wake the fuck up, dipshit.
And you're either misinformed or a bold-faced liar.
The Republicans don't have total control of the budget because it has a baseline that prevents that (foreign aide, NATO Defense, UN payments, etc.).....but Obama still went around them to give our Iranian enemies billions of dollars. Literally pallets of cash in secret before they could stop him.

Try again.

F you and your bullshit concerns. You didn't give a fuck for years and now you are concerned? Bullshit. You are a lying hypocrite.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass - deficits have always been a concern in my posting and I dare you to quote me EVER saying otherwise.
Should have said the party you voted for. I could go through all the posts, but I will take your word for it.
Carry on

Who do you think will be paying for the debts tax-cut you pocket today causes? Magic fairies?

Your portfolio is a piece of paper. The market can crash tomorrow. BTW, your portfolio didn't increase under Obama? Mine sure did. The upward trajectory began under Obama, yet you give him no credit. I smell racism.
Of course you would. :rolleyes-41:

Carry on

Of course you would. :rolleyes-41:
yep if you dont agree with Obama or something he wanted to do....you must be a racist...what else can you be?....

Forum List

Back