Respect:

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I've addressed this more times than I can count- it was just brought up in another thread-

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights, endowed by their Creator, among these are, the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness
-

That philosophy is at the core of my beliefs- it is my bible- there are no caveats delineating race, country of origin, religion, school attended, political Party, etc.,etc.- Period.

As I've stated, too many times to remember, (and I have a really good memory), that philosophy of/on life has to be taken to heart to know what respect is.

Respect is not admiration- self or otherwise. It's not deference to a position or title or clothing- it is knowing that everyone else has the same rights you do. Rights are not tangible. Privileges and grants are. Rights are decided and exercised by, the Individual. Rights are inherent, i.e., endowed by a Creator-

Everyone bleeds red. Everyone hurts. Everyone requires, Air, Water, Food - some prefer, and sometimes need (depending on environment, clothing and shelter.

If you don't believe in the philosophy of life, how can you respect your own life? If you have no self-respect you can't show others respect- self esteem is not self respect- respect is earned, not granted on, or by, demand. Showing respect earns self respect.

Titles and positions on the food chain are entitled to admiration- the person exhibiting, or exploiting, those positions are, typically, admired by some, envied by some, and envy leads to hate- admiration gives way to adulation- maybe a reverence- others are ambivalent to- each has a right to his opinion. If the opinion leads to a criminal action (harming another) then that person's rights are restricted by law, and depending on the degree of harm caused, the restriction has dire consequences- but, the offended had his rights violated, so there has to be consequences for the violator. Had the violator respected the violated, there would have been no criminal action- but, likely, envy played a huge role in the crime committed- envy stems from a lack of self-respect- it's cause is immaterial- the root is a lack of self respect. Everything else is a symptom.

• Banned
Respect can be earned but it is also spent when someone climbs up on their high-horse as you have just done.
You could get one too- if you weren't so self centered- I have self respect- therefore I show respect- unless/until, I'm disrespected- look in a mirror- look at the absolute, total disrespect displayed in this message board- toward me- not what I say, but what others see and want admiration for by intentionally and obstinately not seeing what I post- I work at, diligently, living the Life Philosophy I spoke of- can you say the same? If so, then why are you not acting accordingly?

Respect can be earned but it is also spent when someone climbs up on their high-horse as you have just done.
.... or attack someone for no reason as you just did.
I was talking him on another thread and he bailed to make his own thread on what he was saying. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but he should not expect that I am done talking to him.

You could get one too- if you weren't so self centered- I have self respect- therefore I show respect- unless/until, I'm disrespected- look in a mirror- look at the absolute, total disrespect displayed in this message board- toward me- not what I say, but what others see and want admiration for by intentionally and obstinately not seeing what I post- I work at, diligently, living the Life Philosophy I spoke of- can you say the same? If so, then why are you not acting accordingly?
Your supposed wisdom entitles you to nothing. If you think your pearls are wasted on us swine then go search for a board where pretentious people reward you with likes simply because you typed a lot of words to present fairly simple concepts.

1616855167395.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." Walter Lippmann

Your supposed wisdom entitles you to nothing.
Your inaccurate opinion is noted- inaccurate as I have never claimed I'm entitled- although, I could say I am as 73 years on this earth has earned me a lot- so- thanks for reminding me that I am entitled-

Now, since you must feel all better, can you legitimately refute anything I post, or, do you prefer to remain in the attack the messenger column?

Your supposed wisdom entitles you to nothing.
Your inaccurate opinion is noted- inaccurate as I have never claimed I'm entitled- although, I could say I am as 73 years on this earth has earned me a lot- so- thanks for reminding me that I am entitled-

Now, since you must feel all better, can you legitimately refute anything I post, or, do you prefer to remain in the attack the messenger column?
What's to refute? If you are looking for respect your first mistake is thinking you will find it on a political message board. Your second mistake was complaining about it. I put my ideas out here on a take it or leave it basis knowing most people will leave it. I don't get mad if I don't get any likes or amens from the choir. I do this to test my own ideas and bring order to my thoughts on the world. What you or anyone else adds to that is beyond my control and it would be childish to get mad if I am not hearing back what I want to hear.

Everyone bleeds red. Everyone hurts. Everyone requires, Air, Water, Food - some prefer, and sometimes need (depending on environment, clothing and shelter.

If you don't believe in the philosophy of life, how can you respect your own life? If you have no self-respect you can't show others respect- self esteem is not self respect- respect is earned, not granted on, or by, demand. Showing respect earns self respect.

I agree with this whole heartedly. There is no respect for human life if there is no real comprehension of it. I would take it one step further (or at least more verbose) but would essentially wind up in the same place.

What's to refute? If you are looking for respect your first mistake is thinking you will find it on a political message board. Your second mistake was complaining about it. I put my ideas out here on a take it or leave it basis knowing most people will leave it. I don't get mad if I don't get any likes or amens from the choir. I do this to test my own ideas and bring order to my thoughts on the world. What you or anyone else adds to that is beyond my control and it would be childish to get mad if I am not hearing back what I want to hear.
Refute what I said- period. How is that hard to comprehend? Notice what I made bold? You sow seeds. Am I not doing the same? I sow seeds of Liberty- you don't like me. BFD- you have the right to that characteristic- I have the right to refute what you feel is appropriate-

Second- I'm not here looking for respect- so stop your thought process there. I simply pointed out what respect isn't and how to achieve self respect so respect can be shown and one cannot be had without the other.
YOU brought up repsect- I expounded on it- put that in your smoke and pipe it- or, go to your own jack yard and back off- you ain't going to with a war of words with me.

I agree with this whole heartedly. There is no respect for human life if there is no real comprehension of it. I would take it one step further (or at least more verbose) but would essentially wind up in the same place.
Take it further, please. Verbosity is welcome in my world unless/until it starts goin in circles-

Refute what I said- period. How is that hard to comprehend? Notice what I made bold? You sow seeds. Am I not doing the same? I sow seeds of Liberty- you don't like me. BFD- you have the right to that characteristic- I have the right to refute what you feel is appropriate-

Second- I'm not here looking for respect- so stop your thought process there. I simply pointed out what respect isn't and how to achieve self respect so respect can be shown and one cannot be had without the other.
YOU brought up repsect- I expounded on it- put that in your smoke and pipe it- or, go to your own jack yard and back off- you ain't going to with a war of words with me.
Funny how demanding respect means you have to sacrifice your dignity. You get from me as much respect as I feel you deserve and same goes for how you or anyone else deals with the world. It's entirely subjective. Honest people are miserly with their respect and do not just give it out automatically. If some people feel slighted by my honesty I will honestly say I don't give a shit.

Take it further, please. Verbosity is welcome in my world unless/until it starts goin in circles-

Well, I would add the simple act of treating humans with dignity requires one to achieve (even temporarily) "self-actualization". You can't do that if you are constantly trying to meet those basic needs: food, water, shelter. You have to have that time to reflect on what your made of, in order to empathize, with other humans.

Well, I would add the simple act of treating humans with dignity requires one to achieve (even temporarily) "self-actualization". You can't do that if you are constantly trying to meet those basic needs: food, water, shelter. You have to have that time to reflect on what your made of, in order to empathize, with other humans.
First, let me apologize for taking so long to respond, but, a neighbor lady wanted me to put some power steering fluid in her car. She didn't need me to but wanted me to so she wouldn't damage her car.

I want to respectfully disagree on the word need, and apologize for being so verbose- - and the article even is contradictory in the definition.

Let me reassert: Needs are, in the order of hierarchy; Air, water, food- shelter (provides a safety as does clothing), but, are none the less needs, depending on preference and environment.

The contradiction to itself, from the article; Growth needs do not stem from a lack of something, but rather from a desire to grow as a person.

Edited to add; we will grow as a person no matter what as long as we have air, water and food. It's a natural order of things-

Beyond the basics above, everything is a desire- words mean things- some to feel fulfilled, some to feel achievement and some just because- human nature to want- nothing wrong with wanting, but want and need are not the same thing- anecdotally: I had a girl friend some years back who wanted to demand I needed her- and did, btw- ain't gonna happen- a certain level of desire can be achieved- but my needs (listed above) were mine already.
Not acquiring or achieving a desire doesn't make it a need- to be convinced it's a need is working against ones own well being, which can be devastating to the emotions, which can wreak havoc on the physical well being, which can become a vicious circle, because of incorrect definition believed to be accurate- but not. Words mean things- picking and choosing what we want to believe leads down slippery slopes.

1616954655969.png

Sometimes it's pretty hard to empathize with other people.

*****SMILE*****

First, let me apologize for taking so long to respond, but, a neighbor lady wanted me to put some power steering fluid in her car. She didn't need me to but wanted me to so she wouldn't damage her car.

I want to respectfully disagree on the word need, and apologize for being so verbose- - and the article even is contradictory in the definition.

Let me reassert: Needs are, in the order of hierarchy; Air, water, food- shelter (provides a safety as does clothing), but, are none the less needs, depending on preference and environment.

The contradiction to itself, from the article; Growth needs do not stem from a lack of something, but rather from a desire to grow as a person.

Edited to add; we will grow as a person no matter what as long as we have air, water and food. It's a natural order of things-

Beyond the basics above, everything is a desire- words mean things- some to feel fulfilled, some to feel achievement and some just because- human nature to want- nothing wrong with wanting, but want and need are not the same thing- anecdotally: I had a girl friend some years back who wanted to demand I needed her- and did, btw- ain't gonna happen- a certain level of desire can be achieved- but my needs (listed above) were mine already.
Not acquiring or achieving a desire doesn't make it a need- to be convinced it's a need is working against ones own well being, which can be devastating to the emotions, which can wreak havoc on the physical well being, which can become a vicious circle, because of incorrect definition believed to be accurate- but not. Words mean things- picking and choosing what we want to believe leads down slippery slopes.
1616954909058.png

There also needs to be trust.

Otherwise a lot of things past the very basic needs become meaningless.

*****SMILE*****

I disagree to an extent. Basic needs are food, water, shelter. Unless you're on an oxygen tank, it's a given that you're not fighting for it. That's where the 24/7 focus is. You don't have time to really sit back and reflect on more than what is on your plate or the lack of it. Security is the ability to maintain or move forward rather than backward. Is your employment reliable. How do you get there? Is your housing reliable? How do you get there? That is where your thoughts are directed. You have some room to reflect and think deeper about the issues that you have. Do you have reliable transportation? How do you get there? That third level is where you have the ability to share something or belong with others because you have time to focus. There are humans that need other humans. Once you get to that top section you have the mental freedom and ability to put things in perspective and see this cause and effect because you aren't fighting to have your needs met.

It's the motivation to take consideration other people and things and the impact that it has on another human. You have to have the mental space to get there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back