Resolved: Congress Critters may only receive donations from constituents

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Yea or Nay
The better to promote and insure candidates actually represent the people they purport to.
Only 4% of Donations to Rep. Ilhan Omar came from Minnesota - Alpha News
The controversial and unapologetic critic of Israel and Jews Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar raised an impressive $832,000 in just three months in Congress. Politicians must report the names and addresses of donors who give over $200 per election cycle.

Star Tribune analysis of the donations shows that of the reported contributions that only $17,000 of total donations came from Minnesota. Like many other liberal candidates, many of her small donations were routed via the ActBlue PAC which make tracking the contributions difficult.

Last edited:
Yea or Nay
The better to promote and insure candidates better represent the people they purport to.
Only 4% of Donations to Rep. Ilhan Omar came from Minnesota - Alpha News
The controversial and unapologetic critic of Israel and Jews Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar raised an impressive $832,000 in just three months in Congress. Politicians must report the names and addresses of donors who give over $200 per election cycle.

Star Tribune analysis of the donations shows that of the reported contributions that only $17,000 of total donations came from Minnesota. Like many other liberal candidates, many of her small donations were routed via the ActBlue PAC which make tracking the contributions difficult.
IMO the only ones a candidate can accept money from are those that have a legal right to vote for them,,,,

the idea that a senate candidate from new york can go to california and get money is just crazy ,,,

I agree, but I think a restriction has been found unconstitutional

Sounds like a great fucking idea to me, then a Hungarian Nazi billionaire can't fund the DNC.

Forum List

Back