Republicans ramming bill through without reading it

Once again folks, everything these hypocrites whine and wail about, they do themselves worse.

If we start expecting our "leaders" to read bills before they vote on them, they'll NEVER have time to fund-raise.

Hey, don't you know that fund-raising is the most important part of their damn job!?!

Sure governing should be, but who cares about doing real work when you can rub elbows with stars instead and raise money for your next run for office?

Silly you. Lots of those in the GOP know full well what's in the bill because they WROTE IT. Then they went around explaining it as needed to the others. When the Dems did Obamacare, NONE of the Dems had any idea because it was all put together by an outside third party! I forget who headed it, but he was the guy who got into trouble because he was caught on tape laughing at how stupid and gullible the public was. Remember?

If we start expecting our "leaders" to read bills before they vote on them, they'll NEVER have time to fund-raise.
Hey, don't you know that fund-raising is the most important part of their damn job!?! Sure governing should be, but who cares about doing real work when you can rub elbows with stars instead and raise money for your next run for office?
Hey pal, they gotta have their priorities, ya know.

However, the health care law is not the news of the day. I have no idea what it says but can pretty much predict it will cost you more and cover less. The GOP did not repeal Obamacare, they just tweaked it a bit.

Enough!

The news of the day was that Texas became the 11th state to join the Article V movement to amend the Constitution. States should determine their own health care, like many already have like MA.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/

Maybe those in the state legislatures around the country have the time to read their own health care laws.

Hey, don't you know that fund-raising is the most important part of their damn job!?! Sure governing should be, but who cares about doing real work when you can rub elbows with stars instead and raise money for your next run for office?

If I were not a honest man I would have been a politician...

They should all be thrown out of D.C. but alas Americans would just vote another group of Charlatans in and nothing will change...

Silly you. Lots of those in the GOP know full well what's in the bill because they WROTE IT. Then they went around explaining it as needed to the others. When the Dems did Obamacare, NONE of the Dems had any idea because it was all put together by an outside third party! I forget who headed it, but he was the guy who got into trouble because he was caught on tape laughing at how stupid and gullible the public was. Remember?
gruber

Neither party reads their legislation it seems. It's all about "getting things done" and passing major pieces of legislation to hang their hats on.

Enough of this!

Texas became the 11th state to join the Article V movement. We only need 2/3 of the votes and we can begin to clean house in the US federal Congress by first passing a term limit amendment. Hopefully, other states like MA will take up the mantle of health care and deal with it themselves. That way conservative states and liberal states can do as they please instead of one or the other wanting to secede from the union every election cycle.

However, the health care law is not the news of the day. I have no idea what it says but can pretty much predict it will cost you more and cover less. The GOP did not repeal Obamacare, they just tweaked it a bit.

Enough!

The news of the day was that Texas became the 11th state to join the Article V movement to amend the Constitution. States should determine their own health care, like many already have like MA.

Maybe those in the state legislatures around the country have the time to read their own health care laws.
You're not really surprised by that, are you?

This is about politics, not what's good for anyone. National politicians base virtually every vote, bill, comment and action on how it will affect them politically.

It's a shame that there are people who think national politicians are altruistic.

This is about fundraising, re-election and building a long term electoral power base to stay in office forever, yet somehow that screamingly obvious fact gets past those who don't want term limits.

If I were not a honest man I would have been a politician...

They should all be thrown out of D.C. but alas Americans would just vote another group of Charlatans in and nothing will change...
Term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment would change their behavior, overnight.

But evidently their behavior is just fine for most of us. What's more important is how Kim Kardashian is feeling today.

Forum List

Back