Republican candidate for the Senate wants you to pay your doctor with a chicken

I am quite certain that when a hospital goes to purchase an MRI machine with the approx. 150,000 chickens it would require - the IRS would notice. Anyone within 50 miles would notice.

Yes, volume is a potential for exposure. Nonetheless, 150,000 chickens (in theory for one MRI machine = no taxable income to anyone.

I dread this rising scourge of chickens, Spiderman Tuna. I fear them. I have seen coops, and I believe the are the Lairs of Evil Chickens aka aliens who will probe me whilst I sleep.

n156900383618_2665.jpg

No lie. Chickens are disgusting things (I won't say animal because in my state legally they are not animals). Who the fuck wants to have to carry around chickens to pay for a doctor visit?

Heck, you'd need two chickens just to pay a routine visit $20 co-pay. Whenever your deductible period rolled over, you'd have to carry dozens of chickens.

Its easy to have nice things when you depend on others for stuff like a national defense.

How much money do we give the French each year for their national defense?

Well, they do send us goods Spiderman Tuna, and they buy from us. Foreign aid costs are not then end of the story with them. Some nations mebbe, but not France.

I am quite certain that when a hospital goes to purchase an MRI machine with the approx. 150,000 chickens it would require - the IRS would notice. Anyone within 50 miles would notice.

Yes, volume is a potential for exposure. Nonetheless, 150,000 chickens (in theory for one MRI machine = no taxable income to anyone.

I dread this rising scourge of chickens, Spiderman Tuna. I fear them. I have seen coops, and I believe the are the Lairs of Evil Chickens aka aliens who will probe me whilst I sleep.

n156900383618_2665.jpg

No lie. Chickens are disgusting things (I won't say animal because in my state legally they are not animals). Who the fuck wants to have to carry around chickens to pay for a doctor visit?

Heck, you'd need two chickens just to pay a routine visit $20 co-pay. Whenever your deductible period rolled over, you'd have to carry dozens of chickens.

I'd need 10 chickens to pay mine. He's an internist and apparently he's hot shit. Imagine if I saw him twice a year? That's 20 chickens...and a Lair at MY house to store them till the bill finally arrives.

I weep from the fear. Dun let the aliens probe us! Resist!

marsfac2.gif

The best healthcare system in the world is the one the French have.

It is a hybrid of public and private systems.

And they pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do because they use cost saving measures.

We could learn a lot from them.

WHAT! :lol: I find that very hard to believe. I know several people in France, specifically, Brittany, Paris Angoulême and Poitiers, who are now in the grips of their healthcare system. ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD if the lump in his neck was malignant. He waited 45 days for a damn appointment, then around 30 days for them to decide to biopsy, then another 20 days or so to actually perform the biopsy, OH did I tell you about the wait for the results!

I am not even going into the others who we talk to several times a month. They would prefer to COME HERE.

ON second thought, Yes I will, one more, he passed away due to rectal cancer 2 months ago, why? That's the question, he had bleeding for over a year while they did whatever between appointments yada yada yada, don't tell me about the French health care system.
Maybe the examples you may refer to are those who are wealthy. Or just maybe these are just a couple of 'glitches' in their system, But I doubt it.

And they pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do because they use cost saving measures.

WHAT! :lol: I find that very hard to believe. I know several people in France, specifically, Brittany, Paris Angoulême and Poitiers, who are now in the grips of their healthcare system. ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD if the lump in his neck was malignant. He waited 45 days for a damn appointment, then around 30 days for them to decide to biopsy, then another 20 days or so to actually perform the biopsy, OH did I tell you about the wait for the results!

I am not even going into the others who we talk to several times a month. They would prefer to COME HERE.

ON second thought, Yes I will, one more, he passed away due to rectal cancer 2 months ago, why? That's the question, he had bleeding for over a year while they did whatever between appointments yada yada yada, don't tell me about the French health care system.
Maybe the examples you may refer to are those who are wealthy. Or just maybe these are just a couple of 'glitches' in their system, But I doubt it.

Gatekeeper, I am so sorry for your losses and worries.

Anyone read Solzhenitsyn?

d652228348a007df6355d010.L.jpg

EVERY system of socialized medicine will have its unintended consequences, it's horror stories. I support universal coverage, but I don't kid myself that it's gonna be a day at the park for us -- better maybe, but no HealthCare Nirvana.

Last edited:
Ok these guys who paid for there care with bartering, it has been available this entire time and has not solved the problem.

Do you get it now why its sooo stupid?

Same goes for massive government health care, look at the European's debts right now.

Europe's debts were fine until they took on Greece who got screwed by Goldman Sachs.

Nice try at lying though.

It's what you do best.

Sure, Greece's financial woes were caused by Goldman Sachs....:cuckoo:

Crisis-hit Greece may be the first domino | Larry Elliott | Comment is free | The Guardian
The crisis in Greece will change all that. This is a calamity too big to ignore. It poses questions not just about the boneheaded way the problem has been handled, but also existential questions about the future of the euro. In the short term, it raises the question of whether Britain could be the next Greece.

Let's take those issues one by one. It was last October when Athens admitted that the previous government had lied about the size of the black hole in the public finances, and at that point it was a serious, but purely local, event with no real implications for any other country. After six months of delay, dither and disagreement about whether Greece should be bailed out, who should organise the bailout, and how onerous the conditions for the bailout should be, the rescue has still not materialised. As a result, the cost of the bailout has increased massively, there are signs of contagion across the Mediterranean, and questions about whether the single currency can survive in its current form. To put things into some sort of perspective, when Hungary appealed for help in October it took 17 days for the European Union and the International Monetary Fund to come up with a $20bn package.

But in the case of Greece, speedy action has been thwarted both by the original insistence that IMF participation was not required to sort out a problem within the eurozone family, and by Germany's tough stance. Berlin has been making it clear that the Greeks should pay dearly for their fiscal profligacy, an approach that is playing well with German voters. But there is more to this than Angela Merkel playing to the gallery ahead of the state election in North Rhine Westphalia next month. This is about Germany's deep regret that Greece was allowed to be part of the club in the first place.

Merkel's comment yesterday that more careful scrutiny should have been given in 2000 to whether Greece was eligible for the single currency suggested strongly that Germany hankers after a different sort of euro – a hard currency zone that would exclude the weaker members such as Greece. Merkel has a point. The makeup of the eurozone was determined by political rather than economic factors: the idea that shackling together countries so different in their growth rates, productivity performance, inflation rates and budgetary records was, as the Germans suspected all along, an accident waiting to happen. It is a pity these objections were not raised when the single currency was being put together, because a great deal of pain could have been avoided.

So what happens now? Portugal is next in line, with the government and the opposition agreeing yesterday to bring forward some austerity measures planned for 2001 in an attempt to secure some breathing space. Spain had its credit rating downgraded last night. In the circumstances, it was not exactly helpful of the head of the OECD to compare the crisis to the Ebola virus. Little wonder, then, that there were those in the markets calling the events of the last 24 hours a "Lehman moment", similar to the near meltdown in the global banking system triggered by the collapse of the US investment bank in 2008.

Fears of a domino effect across Europe reflect the strain on public finances caused by the financial and economic turmoil of the last three years. Put simply, governments have turned a private-sector debt into a public-sector debt crisis. There are plenty of countries with uncomfortably large budget deficits and rapidly rising national debt, Britain among them.

The reason Britain is not at present being targeted by the speculators is that the pound is able to float on the foreign exchanges. That provides a safety valve should international investors take fright at the size of the budget deficit and the fact – starkly highlighted by the Institute for Fiscal Studies on Tuesday – that none of the parties is being honest about what they would do after the election to clear up the fiscal mess. Gordon Brown's decision in 2003 that the euro was not right for Britain has been vindicated.

That, though, does not mean that the crisis will not turn up on these shores. Over the next few days, the speculative attacks will be on the soft underbelly of the eurozone – Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy. But if the election not only proves inconclusive but also leads to weeks of political haggling rather than decisive action, investors will inevitably take a long, hard look at Britain. As with Greece, Portugal and Spain, they might not like what they see.

But do continue to fantasize of big government programs, we can all see the benefits....:eusa_whistle:

In our great grandfather's time, Doctors were the lowest paid profession.

People went to doctors as a last resport mostly because their art wasn't all that great, back then.

There was no HC insurance ergo there was damned little money for that profession.

The best things that ever happened to that profession was the AMA which has been keeping the number of doctors lower to keep their incomes higher, and the THIRD PARTY payment system for HC.

In three generations doctors have gone from the lowest paid professionals to the highest paid profession.

If we want the cost of HC to come down my advise is increase the amount of HC available and let market forces drive down the costs.

Of course the AMA would fight that tooth and nail.

Barter works and always has but the government doesn't like it because it's impossible to levy taxes on it.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you WERE supposed to place a 'reasonable' dollar value on all of your barter transactions & report them as income on form 1040

Everyone ready? OK!

Its time for the anecdote, the aNECdote, the anecDOTE!

.... time for the anecdote, the aNECdote, the anecDOTE!

... time for the anecdote, the aNECdote, the anecDOTE!

Its time for the anecdote ... DANCE!!

I'm sure all those Republican Doctors out there will gladly accept a chicken as payment

My Parents remember those days, Physicians were not the high priced professionals in Corporations like they are today, they would come to your house, deliver a baby or tend to the sick and take what the person could give them, government intervention changed that system into what we have now and the answer to our problems;so the liberals thinks; is more government intervention.

Forum List

Back