Report: Hazmat incident at Rep. Weiner's district office

How very typical of the right wing fringe lunatics to blame their violence on the left. You people are hopeless. Without a doubt. Spoiled little rotten brats.

You lost the election and you've lost the healthcare debate. None of these little fits and tantrums are going to change that. Neither are acts of violence. You like living in a democracy?? Then you must accept the consequences. You win some, you lose some. Grow the hell up.

vewy vewy vewy civil.. that's our rinatablata.

Actually, I was impressed.

I though you couldnt put two words together to make a sentence.

You did it...twice.

Maybe tomorrow you will work on working with words with more than one syllable?

Got an idea....practice tonight. If you need my help tomorrow, just ask!

Thanks.

Let me tell you something. I know you think what you just said makes you sound so cool. But it doesn't. You are just a stupid old fart that doesn't know your ass from a hole in the ground. Just take your afternoon nap and quit making a fool of yourself.

Nah. Dont think it makes me sound cool. Never even thought about it. I simply told you the kind of impression you were giving off to me.
In my eyes....

You are a partisan, well educated, yet poorly guided and grossly misinformed woman who has very little insight into the reality of what this country is all about. You try to talk a good game and you may be better at it than I am, but that is not saying much. You use an avatar that you believe gives off an aura of intelligence and such is usually used by those with a lack of confidence in themselves....so I see you as most certainly lacking confidence.

Now...on a side...I see you as lonely, bitter, and most likely divorced, although I may be wrong about that. You are one that believes the government is designed to help you meet your needs and when it does, all is good, and when it doesnt, it is time for a new President.

You have no sense of personal responsibility. You blame the market for your losses when it goes down and you brag of your gains when it goes up. You frown on those that buy new shoes frequently, but you wish you had them yourself.

You work hard for a living. But you do not get paid what you are worth. You complain about your pay to your friends and co workers evertime you get your ass out of the office at 5:00 on the dot and you compalin about and blame the traffic everytime you get in late the next day.

You take a nice lunch each day as it is yoiur right!

You use every vacation day you are allotted, and yopu count your sick days as additional vacation days...as it is your right!

You take berevement days when an aunt dies, even though youy cant remember the last time you saw her becuase it is your right!

Is that you? Maybe not. Is it how I see you?

Most definately.
So long folks. Thios board is a waste of my time.

I don't really care how you see me. And I think it was weird of you to even type all of that. I don't think I should be on your mind so much. And if you ever bothered to really read what I say, you would know that most of what you have said is wrong.

This is like the 3rd time one of you looney right wingers have mentioned my avatar. I never knew why until you just told me. You all think that I think it makes me look intelligent?? :lol: I thought you all hated BC and now I find out that you think he was brilliant!!! FYI, I only used his picture because I just love him and think he was a great president. You people really are nuts. :lol:

Yep.....some people in this country just do not know how to express their anger in a civilized way.

Sad.

Very much agreed.

Sadly, the Republican party havn't been responding to these kinds of attacks very strong..
One could say Mr. Steele almost seem to encourage these kinds of acts by setting up a site with a picture headlining the top with Nancy Pelosi on fire..He also went on FOX and told Pelosi and Dems to "Get ready for the firing line."

Sarah is encouraging Republicans to "Reload" and used a picture with rifle scopes to show Democrats she is "Targeting" in 2010.

Sad.

True...

And Pelosi marched through the protesting crowd with an oversized gavel...a victory march....rubbing it in their faces...an act that was not at all necessary.

So you see.....both parties are satirring up the ranks for political expediency...

And what do they want to happen?

They want us to duke it out for them.

Yep.....very sad indeed.
Gotta love Pelosi for doing that.
Happy Birthday, Madame Speaker.

How very typical of the right wing fringe lunatics to blame their violence on the left. You people are hopeless. Without a doubt. Spoiled little rotten brats.

You lost the election and you've lost the healthcare debate. None of these little fits and tantrums are going to change that. Neither are acts of violence. You like living in a democracy?? Then you must accept the consequences. You win some, you lose some. Grow the hell up.

It's very typical of the left to accuse the right of things without evidence.

Grow up.

Without evidence??? And you tell me to grow up??? :lol::lol: Maybe I'm being unfair. Do you know how to read, little twit??

What evidence do you have at this point that the person who sent that package to the Rep. is a conservative? I've been away for a couple of hours, has an arrest been made? Do we know for certain who sent that package?

You and I can both suspect that it is a right winger, but at this point we do not know that for certain. In short, you have no evidence. Whoever it was, I hope they get him off the streets whether or not it was hazardous materials.

Immie

"So long folks. Thios board is a waste of my time. "

This board is a great place to waste time. :clap2:

Is it supposed to serve another purpose?

It's very typical of the left to accuse the right of things without evidence.

Grow up.

Without evidence??? And you tell me to grow up??? :lol::lol: Maybe I'm being unfair. Do you know how to read, little twit??

What evidence do you have at this point that the person who sent that package to the Rep. is a conservative? I've been away for a couple of hours, has an arrest been made? Do we know for certain who sent that package?

You and I can both suspect that it is a right winger, but at this point we do not know that for certain. In short, you have no evidence. Whoever it was, I hope they get him off the streets whether or not it was hazardous materials.

Immie

I thnk this one is just common sense. There is a reason people are assuming it's radical right wingers breaking windows, making death threats, and leaving hateful messages.

I read this tonight from "The Hill": Right-wing death threats rise.

Meanwhile, death threats are rising against Democratic public officials. Abusive calls and threats are made against the homes of prominent Democrats. Extremists call on supporters to bring guns to Washington. Enough is enough.

One House Republican leader referred to a Democratic member and said he can't go home; he's a "dead man.” House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) did not mean a physical threat with this comment, but it demonstrated extremely bad judgment and further inflames very dangerous tendencies within certain extreme circles.
Republican leaders in Congress and potential Republican presidential candidates should publicly condemn Limbaugh's language and publicly call on him to cease and desist from using any incendiary language that could incite violence. They should condemn all incendiary language from anyone in right-wing media or politics.

It is repellant enough, and highly damaging to Republicans, for their supporters to use racist slurs against African-Americans, to use bigoted slurs against gay Americans and to spit on members of Congress. Shame on Republicans who refuse to strongly condemn this and limit their remarks to further inciting this behavior, or weakly criticizing it alongside incendiary rhetoric that implicitly excuses it.

All Republicans in positions of leadership should strongly and unequivocally condemn the hatred, the bigotry and the potential incitements to violence that are coming from extreme elements of the radical right that are now becoming voices for the Republican Party.

Right-wing death threats rise: Republicans should condemn Rush Limbaugh - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Immie

I thnk this one is just common sense. There is a reason people are assuming it's radical right wingers breaking windows, making death threats, and leaving hateful messages.

Meanwhile, death threats are rising against Democratic public officials. Abusive calls and threats are made against the homes of prominent Democrats. Extremists call on supporters to bring guns to Washington. Enough is enough.

One House Republican leader referred to a Democratic member and said he can't go home; he's a "dead man.” House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) did not mean a physical threat with this comment, but it demonstrated extremely bad judgment and further inflames very dangerous tendencies within certain extreme circles.
Republican leaders in Congress and potential Republican presidential candidates should publicly condemn Limbaugh's language and publicly call on him to cease and desist from using any incendiary language that could incite violence. They should condemn all incendiary language from anyone in right-wing media or politics.

It is repellant enough, and highly damaging to Republicans, for their supporters to use racist slurs against African-Americans, to use bigoted slurs against gay Americans and to spit on members of Congress. Shame on Republicans who refuse to strongly condemn this and limit their remarks to further inciting this behavior, or weakly criticizing it alongside incendiary rhetoric that implicitly excuses it.

All Republicans in positions of leadership should strongly and unequivocally condemn the hatred, the bigotry and the potential incitements to violence that are coming from extreme elements of the radical right that are now becoming voices for the Republican Party.

Right-wing death threats rise: Republicans should condemn Rush Limbaugh - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Of course it makes sense and as I said, you and I can both suspect that these threats are all coming from right wingers, however, there is no proof!

After my discussion with TM yesterday, I wonder if people on the left have any idea what the words evidence and proof actually mean. Is a news article proof of anything? The report about the bullet in the window of Rep. Cantor's office is not proof of anything except that there is a bullet hole in the window. We saw the video of the incident where someone yelled the N-word supposedly at Rep. Lewis. But we do not know who yelled that word or even who the word was directed at. For all we know it could have been a black man greeting one of his friends at the rally and had nothing at all to do with the Congressman.

I am opposed to the threats of violence. But, in the case of Rep. Lewis (and others) until I know who yelled that word and in what context it was yelled, I will withhold judgment. It was yelled, but to date we don't know who yelled it or in what context it was yelled.

Also, it is wrong of you guys to blame all right wingers for the actions of some nit-wits.

In other words... I'm working on my defense lawyering skills! :lol: No, really, we do not yet know what transpired at the rally. I can tell you that I find that word offensive regardless of the context it is used in, but, it is not yet time to blame anyone let alone everyone that attends a tea party rally.

Immie

Immie

Of course it makes sense and as I said, you and I can both suspect that these threats are all coming from right wingers, however, there is no proof!

After my discussion with TM yesterday, I wonder if people on the left have any idea what the words evidence and proof actually mean. Is a news article proof of anything? The report about the bullet in the window of Rep. Cantor's office is not proof of anything except that there is a bullet hole in the window. We saw the video of the incident where someone yelled the N-word supposedly at Rep. Lewis. But we do not know who yelled that word or even who the word was directed at. For all we know it could have been a black man greeting one of his friends at the rally and had nothing at all to do with the Congressman.

I am opposed to the threats of violence. But, in the case of Rep. Lewis (and others) until I know who yelled that word and in what context it was yelled, I will withhold judgment. It was yelled, but to date we don't know who yelled it or in what context it was yelled.

Also, it is wrong of you guys to blame all right wingers for the actions of some nit-wits.

In other words... I'm working on my defense lawyering skills! :lol: No, really, we do not yet know what transpired at the rally. I can tell you that I find that word offensive regardless of the context it is used in, but, it is not yet time to blame anyone let alone everyone that attends a tea party rally.

Immie

I don't blame ALL right wingers, I really don't. But I really believe that the pundits on tv are responsible for brainwashing people that are not very bright to begin with.

Immie

I don't blame ALL right wingers, I really don't. But I really believe that the pundits on tv are responsible for brainwashing people that are not very bright to begin with.

You and I didn't hit it off too well when you first came onto this site and part of the reason is that I felt that you do blame all right wingers. And I think you thought the reverse of me.

There are some on both side of the political spectrum that are not too bright and easily brainwashed, but I believe most people are intelligent enough to have formed their own opinions about things and simply because they do not agree with us does not make them "not very bright to begin with". There are very good reasons to side with either side of the spectrum and there are plenty of good reasons not to side with either side.

Sorry, I am getting sidetracked from what I wanted to say here and that is this... most of us don't blame ALL of the other side but a heck of a lot of us, if not all of us, me included, have a tendency to appear by our statements that we do blame all of the other side. Maybe not all the time but simply saying "Republicans are the party of obstructionists" not a direct quote from Dante but close portrays a spiteful attitude towards all Republicans and since oh so many "conservatives" and independents (me included) were at one time Republicans who now do not want to be associated with the party at all (note: I was a Democrats (moderate) before I was a Republican, yes, shades of John Kerry's speech) those kinds of statements bleed over onto us as well. We may not mean "all rightwingers" but when we say "rightwingers" others at the very least do not know where the cutoff is and read it as all rightwingers and the reverse is absolutely true.

I like WillowTree, but I find her posts to be extremely detrimental to peace in America. I like TM but sometimes her blind partisan hatred drives me bonkers!

Immie

Last edited:
I guess that I assume that people know that I am not talking about every single person of a particular group. Actually I hate it when people of a particular group are all placed in the same trick bag.

On this site I have said several times that my sister and brother, my 2 step-daughters, my father-in-law, and a very dear friend are all Republicans and all of them voted 2 times for Bush and for McCain in 2008.

Yes, we have had some pretty heated discussions. I love all of them and we don't hold grudges over our differences. My dear friend and I had a lot of fun with it. I wore my Obama tee to lunch with her just to mess with her. She cracked up when she saw me. Then some old man started asking me all these questions about why I was voting for Obama and he got all pissed off. My friend and I laughed so much that day about that.

I wish that people would just stick to the issues and stop the personal attacks. I should be able to say what I feel about George Bush if I don't like him. If you don't like Obama, fine. You should be able to say so. Why do people have to react as though they equate it with murder or something??

The nation really needs to resolve all this anger towards each other. Not only is it unhealthy, but it's dangerous. I've hated violence since I was a kid. I don't want that to happen again in this country. I was old enough to remember the Kennedy assasinations and MLK's. Also the attempted assasinations of RR and Gerald Ford. They were so awful. I hope we never have to go through that again.

Last edited:
I guess that I assume that people know that I am not talking about every single person of a particular group. Actually I hate it when people of a particular group are all placed in the same trick bag.

On this site I have said several times that my sister and brother, my 2 step-daughters, my father-in-law, and a very dear friend are all Republicans and all of them voted 2 times for Bush and for McCain in 2008.

Yes, we have had some pretty heated discussions. I love all of them and we don't hold grudges over our differences. My dear friend and I had a lot of fun with it. I wore my Obama tee to lunch with her just to mess with her. She cracked up when she saw me. Then some old man started asking me all these questions about why I was voting for Obama and he got all pissed off. My friend and I laughed so much that day about that.

I wish that people would just stick to the issues and stop the personal attacks. I should be able to say what I feel about George Bush if I don't like him. If you don't like Obama, fine. You should be able to say so. Why do people have to react as though they equate it with murder or something??

The nation really needs to resolve all this anger towards each other. Not only is it unhealthy, but it's dangerous. I've hated violence since I was a kid. I don't want that to happen again in this country. I was old enough to remember the Kennedy assasinations and MLK's. Also the attempted assasinations of RR and Gerald Ford. They were so awful. I hope we never have to go through that again.

I think we all "know" it, but then at times we forget it and our posts do not always relay what exactly we are thinking. Do you understand what I mean?

I don't remember the particular discussion we had, but it wasn't pleasant. I thought you and I would never say a pleasant word to each other. But, honestly except for the fact that I know we fought, with out going way back in the archives, I can't tell you what it was over except that you accused me of hating everything about President Obama... incorrectly, I might add. :lol:

I agree with you on the violence and am saddened by the reactions of some of those on the right who think violence will solve the issue and disgusted when they think it is something to joke about.

Immie

I think we all "know" it, but then at times we forget it and our posts do not always relay what exactly we are thinking. Do you understand what I mean?
I don't remember the particular discussion we had, but it wasn't pleasant. I thought you and I would never say a pleasant word to each other. But, honestly except for the fact that I know we fought, with out going way back in the archives, I can't tell you what it was over except that you accused me of hating everything about President Obama... incorrectly, I might add. :lol:

I agree with you on the violence and am saddened by the reactions of some of those on the right who think violence will solve the issue and disgusted when they think it is something to joke about.

Immie

Yes, I do. And I really don't remember the fight we had. I've had fights with so many people!!! Quite a few people just don't like liberals. I was befriended by Lumpy and I think he's a doll. As you know, our views are miles apart!!! :lol: But he has always expressed himself honestly without any harsh words.

And yes, I know that some people just don't like conservatives. But the majority of conservatives are nothing like the right wing fringe.

I think the bottom line is that everybody in this country wants the same things. Family, a job, money, good health, and security. The problem is that we don't agree how to make it a country where we all are able to get those things. Maybe someday.

In any case, thank you for reaching out to me. It was a cool thing for you to do. I hope we will have lots of non-confrontational, calm exchange of opinions in the future. :)

Immie

Yes, I do. And I really don't remember the fight we had. I've had fights with so many people!!! Quite a few people just don't like liberals. I was befriended by Lumpy and I think he's a doll. As you know, our views are miles apart!!! :lol: But he has always expressed himself honestly without any harsh words.

And yes, I know that some people just don't like conservatives. But the majority of conservatives are nothing like the right wing fringe.

I think the bottom line is that everybody in this country wants the same things. Family, a job, money, good health, and security. The problem is that we don't agree how to make it a country where we all are able to get those things. Maybe someday.
In any case, thank you for reaching out to me. It was a cool thing for you to do. I hope we will have lots of non-confrontational, calm exchange of opinions in the future. :)

Ah heck, I have just been biding my time until I thought it was safe. I hate the arguments. I don't mind the disagreements and discussions, but I can't stand the fights. My heart isn't in it.

As for what we want, I'd have to agree with you with one minor difference, Congress and politicians in general want power and to control the rest of us.

And as for "quite a few people just don't like liberals", I'd have to say that I believe there are a quite a few liberals out there that don't like me because I am somewhat conservative and have admitted that I voted for Bush... twice even but the second time was because I truly did not like Kerry. Had I been required to chose between Obama and McCain, I would have voted for Obama, but I must say, I would have been upset with that vote today. I chose Barr in protest of both parties rather than not voting at all.

Immie

Last edited:

No, everone in this country doesn't want teh same things.

Some people don't want families.

Some people don't want to work, they'd rather mooch.

Some people don't care about their health.

Some people want to create instability so they can seize power.

Immie

Ah heck, I have just been biding my time until I thought it was safe. I hate the arguments. I don't mind the disagreements and discussions, but I can't stand the fights. My heart isn't in it.

As for what we want, I'd have to agree with you with one minor difference, Congress and politicians in general want power and to control the rest of us.

And as for "quite a few people just don't like liberals", I'd have to say that I believe there are a quite a few liberals out there that don't like me because I am somewhat conservative and have admitted that I voted for Bush... twice even but the second time was because I truly did not like Kerry. Had I been required to chose between Obama and McCain, I would have voted for Obama, but I must say, I would have been upset with that vote today. I chose Barr in protest of both parties rather than not voting at all.

Immie

I'm glad you voted though. I think that's one of the few things that we can control.

You know, I think that people don't realize sometimes that we are really a combo. :lol: I mean I think there are some things we are conservative about and some things that we have a liberal attitude about. And I believe that applies to all of us. I think we are defined by whichever one we are more strongly aligned with. Do you think that's true??

No, everone in this country doesn't want teh same things.

Some people don't want families.

Some people don't want to work, they'd rather mooch.

Some people don't care about their health.

Some people want to create instability so they can seize power.

For the most part I think people want those things. I'd say that people that don't care about their health or getting a job are in the minority. They are the ones that walk around with no place to go, no home, no food. Being born and raised in Hollywood and still living here, I see them all the time.

But I always wonder what happened and why they made the choices they made to end up like that.

Immie

I'm glad you voted though. I think that's one of the few things that we can control.

You know, I think that people don't realize sometimes that we are really a combo. :lol: I mean I think there are some things we are conservative about and some things that we have a liberal attitude about. And I believe that applies to all of us. I think we are defined by whichever one we are more strongly aligned with. Do you think that's true??

Yes, I do... except for maybe... maybe mind you... some of the hard core extremists like WillowTree and TruthMatters.

Immie

Immie

Yes, I do... except for maybe... maybe mind you... some of the hard core extremists like WillowTree and TruthMatters.

Immie

Yeah, that's true. There are always exceptions in anything.

Forum List

Back