Rememembering How The Democrats Attacked Johnny Cash

"Threatening pamphlets. Canceled shows. It was 1965, and embattled country music star Johnny Cash was facing a boycott in some parts of the Jim Crow South - but the reason was not his recent arrest for potential drug smuggling—it was his appearance on the steps of a courthouse with a woman some thought was African-American - [that woman was] Vivian Liberto, a shy 17-year-old from San Antonio. The National States Rights Party, an Alabama white supremacist group, republished the photo in its newspaper, The Thunderbolt, with an article that dripped with racist rhetoric -- Cash was harassed and boycotted by some Southern fans. “Johnny and I received death threats, and an already shameful situation was made infinitely worse,” recalled Vivian in her 2008 memoir.

"I remember talking to his daughter Roseanne about it,” says Cash's biographer Michael Streissguth. “She got a letter from him saying ‘I’m sorry I haven’t been home, but I’ve been out fighting the KKK.’ She said she took the letter and ripped it in half—it was just another excuse for his long absences from home.” Streissguth finds it troubling that Cash felt he had to deny being married to a black woman so vehemently.
View attachment 493012This is the problem with these 1619-Critical Race Theory folks -- they always want to go back and dig up history and bring up stuff that is best left alone... Everyone knows that Cash's first wife was Italian-Sicilian and definitely not black -- you can clearly look at this picture and see she is not black...Cash may have broken the law with his drug use but he definitely wouldn't break the law by marrying a darkie!!

And besides, the only people who claimed she was black were a bunch of racist Democrats who were too dumb to know the difference between Italians and darkies....but for the record, this woman was not black!! -- Look at her, she was beautiful..how can she be black?
View attachment 493013

Next you will be telling us that some darkies tried to pass for white to avoid discrimination and persecution....yea, right...by who??

You're right though shit fer brains, they were indeed democrats.

New, improved democrats! Now hating white people.

democrats today are no different at all, the only change is the tone of skin y'all hate.
The Democrats up to the mid to late 60s were indeed the Party of Jim Crow in the South....no one can deny that historical fact. But then things flip-flopped. The GOP owns it now.
wrong, democrats still own blacks...and still using them as tools

"Threatening pamphlets. Canceled shows. It was 1965, and embattled country music star Johnny Cash was facing a boycott in some parts of the Jim Crow South - but the reason was not his recent arrest for potential drug smuggling—it was his appearance on the steps of a courthouse with a woman some thought was African-American - [that woman was] Vivian Liberto, a shy 17-year-old from San Antonio. The National States Rights Party, an Alabama white supremacist group, republished the photo in its newspaper, The Thunderbolt, with an article that dripped with racist rhetoric -- Cash was harassed and boycotted by some Southern fans. “Johnny and I received death threats, and an already shameful situation was made infinitely worse,” recalled Vivian in her 2008 memoir.

"I remember talking to his daughter Roseanne about it,” says Cash's biographer Michael Streissguth. “She got a letter from him saying ‘I’m sorry I haven’t been home, but I’ve been out fighting the KKK.’ She said she took the letter and ripped it in half—it was just another excuse for his long absences from home.” Streissguth finds it troubling that Cash felt he had to deny being married to a black woman so vehemently.
View attachment 493012This is the problem with these 1619-Critical Race Theory folks -- they always want to go back and dig up history and bring up stuff that is best left alone... Everyone knows that Cash's first wife was Italian-Sicilian and definitely not black -- you can clearly look at this picture and see she is not black...Cash may have broken the law with his drug use but he definitely wouldn't break the law by marrying a darkie!!

And besides, the only people who claimed she was black were a bunch of racist Democrats who were too dumb to know the difference between Italians and darkies....but for the record, this woman was not black!! -- Look at her, she was beautiful..how can she be black?
View attachment 493013

Next you will be telling us that some darkies tried to pass for white to avoid discrimination and persecution....yea, right...by who??
That was Cash's wife....Italian-American.
Why did racists think she was black??

Was she trying to pass??

View attachment 493031
She was Italian-American....dumb racists don't care.
she was half Sicilian.....

Mostly it's the never ending search by the left wing media for celebrities who appear to be right wing. Hate filled lefties would ruin careers and do anything it takes if the politics of guys like Cash offended them. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but it persisted throughout most of the 20th century into the 21st.

Mostly it's the never ending search by the left wing media for celebrities who appear to be right wing. Hate filled lefties would ruin careers and do anything it takes if the politics of guys like Cash offended them. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't but it persisted throughout most of the 20th century into the 21st.
Bawahhahahahahah @ Cash being right wing....

Bawahhahahahahah @ Cash being right wing....

You really are quite stupid.

1621948925882.png

1621948949857.png

Forum List

Back